What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/14/20 3:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Everyone, Happy Saturday!

I am feeling a lot better today-- I was really feeling anxious yesterday but we finally have some answers about work today. The Boston Public Schools are closed until April 27th, but I still have to report to work every day--they gave a hard "no" on letting people work from home. So no quarantine for me, but that's okay. I would have preferred to be home, but at least we know what is happening. I think it was the uncertainty that was stressing me out more than leaving the house.

Accountability: I have been really lazy about everything this week. I haven't gone off the rails at all, but I've had an extra handful of things here and there. It's just anxiety and distraction, but I don't think I will have a loss today. I am not going to WW (social distancing) but I will do an official weigh in at home later.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite mindless game or something that you use to pass the time when you watch tv or sit around? I wish I was more productive and knew how to knit or something, but when I watch TV, I usually have a game going on the iPad. My favorites are number puzzles like Merged or sudoko.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 3/14/20 4:47 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Have to take my cat to the vet this morning for his check up. Then it's grocery shopping and meeting a friend for lunch. I'm so exhausted as I didn't sleep well at all last night. Hopefully I'll get some better sleep tonight. So they are taking things pretty serious at work and want us all to download all of the systems we use at work on to our home computers to test things out and see if everything works so that we can work from home if need be.

QOTD: I don't really play any games, but usually I'll read some news or something on my phone while I'm watching tv.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: soup and salad

D: leftover soup

Hoping it will be a small pouch day!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Greateight
on 3/14/20 7:47 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Let us know how the grocery shopping was. I drove by the store at 6:30 this morning and the parking lot was full.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 3/14/20 1:38 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yesterday I drove past the grocery store when they opened at 7am and it looked like the Wednesday before Thanksgiving!

MadisonRose
on 3/14/20 1:53 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

It was horrible! Packed with people and the longest checkout lines ever! It was like shopping the day before thanksgiving. Oh and if you need toilet paper you can forget it! Every store I went in had empty shelves.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Greateight
on 3/14/20 1:59 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I went to the meat market. It was Ok, they were out of some things and I had a ten person wait but not too bad.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

karenp8
on 3/14/20 4:50 am - Brighton, IL

Up early here getting ready to do laundry. I was wide awake so I went ahead and got up,even though it was earlier than I would have liked. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 120.4 today. Miss Lily and I were able to get 2 long walks in around the rain yesterday and that's the goal for today too. QOTD either word search puzzles on my phone or knitting. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili D 4 oz burger with cheese and no bun. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices everyone!

Erin T.
on 3/14/20 5:13 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Happy Saturday! One of my two kids is off school until 4/6. Still waiting on the county to decide to close schools for the other one. We may just opt to keep her home, as I strongly feel like it's the socially responsible thing to do. We've been given the go ahead to work from home full time for now. Sadly, the one that isn't off yet is my 8th grader who has a lot more work, and if they don't cooperate with sending it to us she could up behind really fast.

I thought this was fitting for your current situation. People not being allowed to work from home, when they generally have desk jobs anyway, is such bull****

QOTD: I have been playing the game Two Dots for at least 5-6 years. I honestly play that mindlessly a lot when I'm on conference calls. I'm one of those people who can't really just do one thing. That's one reason why I love reading though, my brain actually shuts off and gets involved in the story. When I watch TV I often pay little attention and also browse social media or read news articles. When I'm working I will sometimes listen to Instagram stories while working in spreadsheets/with data because my brain needs more than one thing to do at a time.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Sweet Potato and Egg
  • Turkey, Cheese, Olives
  • Something with Chicken, yet to be determined but we have some veggies to pair with it.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 3/14/20 1:42 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

That's a great pic. SO true.

What ****** me off is that I already work "remotely" every day when I work from school sites. Obvi, I have everything I need to email, call and video conference... I do every day. Why is it different to do it from home than to do it from school?

I'm similar to you--its very hard for me to do one thing at a time. I was addicted to 2 dots a few years ago and forgot about it! I'll check it back out :)

momyshaver
on 3/14/20 5:28 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good Morning Everyone. I have been keeping you all in my thoughts as different states were being mentioned in the news, hoping that you all were staying healthy. Anxiety is a bit high here. I realized that today is "Pi day" so thinking of making an egg pie or something not too off plan as something fun for the kids. I have a laundry list of things that I want to get done around the house ...looks like that will be a priority now. The motor in our washer gave up the ghost but that seems minor compared to what we are facing now. My first grandbaby is due any day and my older teens work in high contact jobs and still want a social life. I took my daughter grocery shopping after she got paid and she was a mess when there wasn't any toilet paper to be found. I had been trying to encourage her weeks ago to prepare more but she thought I was over reacting. I assured her I would make sure she had what she needed. Stress is high and I haven't been great about staying on plan. I am resolving to pull it together though. Now is not the time to abandon plan. I think the structure of normalcy will help. I just need a firmer plan about how to map out the daily routines here at home for the next month or two. Having the kids home is normal with homeschooling but keeping anxieties low for the younger children while tempering the immortal bravery of young adults with cabin fever while cleaning all the things all the time should be fun lol.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 262 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics