What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/18/20 2:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hiya Everyone! Oh Loooord, yesterday was a long day! I spent the morning trying to get a little work area set up, then I took a webinar about remote work, and had few phone calls with principals. At the times that I did try to buckle down and work on spreadsheets and other more mundane tasks, I was incredibly distracted and really didn't get anything done. The meme below looked about right for how often I thought about snacking, but I stayed strong!

Accountability: I did really well! I only ate what was on my menu, with the exception of adding 1/4 c of granola to my yogurt (today I put it in the plan). I wish one could lose weight proportional to the amount of times I didn't grab food when I was thinking of it, lol! I also stopped work right at 3pm and got onto the stationary bike for 45 minutes. Today will be warmer, so I will plan to go for a walk at 3pm.

QOTD: Do you like your drinks iced or room temp? I must must must have a lot of ice I my drink, or I can't stand it! We have a bunch of those steel Yeti cups that keep ice cold for 24 hours and we both use them in the house, not just for travel!

STAY SAFE, EVERYONE!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 3/18/20 3:51 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning, JB and other menu peeps. Raining again here in Arkansas. It rained off and on yesterday too but Lily and I were able to get 2 nice long walks in. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise but I too thought about snacking way too often. As long as I resist I guess it's OK. Also hit my fluid goals and weight is 120.6 today. QOTD room temp is what I have to have to drink comfortably. Cold makes my stomach upset for some reason but room temp or warm drinks are perfect. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz left over meatloaf D what protein hubby cooks 3 to 4 ounces worth. I will stay away from the snacks and drink instead. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices everyone! Time for some coffee!

MadisonRose
on 3/18/20 3:54 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Yesterday was a busy stressful day working from home. I definitely think I have more motivation working from home. I just didn't get as much done as I had hoped with not having everything I need. Had some system issues and was on the phone with our IT department a lot and with management so it was a bit of a slow start. Hoping today will run a lot smoother! I absolutely love working from home though!! I found that I actually eat less too since I'm not around my coworkers who seem to always be snacking.

QOTD: I have to have my drinks with ice....not a whole lot, but enough to keep it cold. I can't stand room temp drinks.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: salad

D: leftover salmon and broccoli

S: L&F yogurt w/banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 3/18/20 6:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Funny, I am waaay better about staying on plan at work than I am at home. I think I still worry about being judged at the "fat girl", so I still don't like eating snacks in front of other people. But at home... no limits. I wish I could pretend my cats were judging me, since peer pressure seems to be the only thing keeping me in line these days.

supershopper
on 3/18/20 4:30 am

yes we should automatically be as thin as we want every time we avoid grazing...

I'm also at home today. all my meetings were flipped to call in or web so so strange as I'm used to being there everyday. So far, missing Panera coffee first thing in the morning. but- I have tons of it here so really shouldn't be a difference. I think I will miss the interaction. I do need to run to work sometime and get that spare monitor. I need more than just the laptop.

accountability: pretty good. my evening snack was a piece of chickn with some veggies and a little dark chocolate.

food today:

coffee

water

coffee

B: protein shake

S: hard boiled egg whites and maybe turkey?

L: protein pancakes

S: TBD

D:chicken and veggies

S:TBD

QOTD: prefer hot to room temp. doesn't have to be super cold

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 3/18/20 4:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! I'm reasonable sure that this week will never end and it will just go on and on and on and OMG, it's still only Wednesday.

I have been up since 230; drank most of a pot of coffee, planned my meals and put them in the tracker, ordered some new sweats from amazon, listened to half a live stream acoustic performance by the lead singer of a band I like (from his kitchen!) (Band of Heathens, they are awesome); went for a long walk through the neighborhood and in a few minutes I'll get online before my first 6 am meeting of the day.

I am overwhelmed at work - it's been building up since the beginning of the year and adding the additional scrutiny as a result of nothing in tech shipping these days and it's overwhelming. Fortunately, I have colleagues I can vent with vs doing CLMs like asking some leaders why they are so bad at math.

I signed up for Sundance now (3 months for 99 cents a month) and yesterday I watched this crazy documentary called The Woman Who Wasn't There - - about a woman who faked being a WTC survivor; faked being married to one of the victims and was the head of one of the 9/11 Survivor support groups before she was found out. It was insane.

QOTD - room temp to hot is my preference.

menu today is

B - carbmaster cottage cheese

L - chorizo and green Chile chili

D - real good food poopers (or more chili)

S - half and half in my coffee and L&F greek

728/68/31

I may get on the elliptical or go out for another walk this afternoon; we're supposed to get snow tomorrow and Friday so it would be nice to get out again before that hits.

Have a great Wednesday all, I hope it's only 24 hours.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/18/20 6:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh I saw that movie a few years ago--mind blowing!

I'm with you--hoooow is it only 9am on Wednesday? I am all at once busy but also trying to pace myself because I feel like my work is very dependent on others and I don't want to get ahead of myself... Weird balancing act right now.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/18/20 3:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It gets frustrating when you have to wait for others so you can do your job, pace yourself for sure

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/18/20 4:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

How do you say bored everyone??? I am starting to manufacture projects here. I love the graph and will send that image to my DD.

QOTD: Same as you: Ice in insulated cups.

TSS: 3 years, 11.5 months

B: coffee, WW zero point pancake

L: Ever roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Turkey bolognese over cauliflower rice (old WW recipe which SIL makes)

S: yogurt and strawberry compote, WW zero point lemon blueberry pie and/or WW one point muffin and blueberries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 3/18/20 6:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I wanted to create an appropriate space for a closed door video meetings, so.I was literally tearing apart the spare bedroom at 6am this morning (which has been largely used as a Christmas wrapping room for 9 months a year)... It has been on my list to reorganize since New Years Day!

Grim had a look on his face that was somewhere between amused & terrified as he realized that I am going to turn every square inch of this house upside down over the next few months.

Bring on the projects!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?