What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/28/20 4:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I just had my virtual WW meeting. It was interesting to hear how some people are really using the quarantine time to find new healthy routines and some people are just nose-diving into the cans of frosting in their cabinets. I feel like its a little of both for me, depending on the day. My good days have been very good, and my bad days have been very bad. But I feel like the general trajectory is positive, in terms of staying on track with food and exercise.

Accountability: Lots of movement, finally (whoo!) in the form of a bike ride in the morning and a 4 mile walk in the afternoon, but we did a have a few "treats", and I drank some wine last night.

QOTD: Do you wake up and need to drink water throughout the night? I have been better about hydrating throughout the day since I have been home, and found that it means I am drinking less at night, but I keep a Propel water next to the nightstand and sometimes I drink the whole thing.

No plan for dinner yet. I think Grim has some grand plan to make a very non-RNY, quarantine calzone! I'll report back... :) I have a friend who has been very isolated who might come over for a socially distanced visit. She has been really lonely and sad and I don't think sitting outside on the porch will hurt any of us.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Christina135
on 3/28/20 5:53 am

Good morning! Happy Caturday!

QOTD - I don't drink water during the night, but, I do have a weird ritual. I open a brand new topo chico (glass bottle) every night. The next day, I have it first thing in the morning. It's no longer cold, but still very fizzy. It just feels good on my pouch first thing.

Breakfast- None, fasting until noon. Online working, and having my first cup of hot green tea

Lunch - I don't know. I have some tofu, and soyrizo so I am thinking I may make a tofu scramble, throw some veggies in and have on a tortilla with some vegan Chao cheese

Snack - Fruit smoothie, my old standard. Frui****er, oat milk, chia seeds, hemp seed protein

Dinner - Veggies of some sort, mixed with tofu and a panang sauce, and rice on the side.

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 3/28/20 8:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I gotta get one of those topo chico waters.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 3/28/20 6:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

The online ****tail party was more or less of a success, except for one couple that couldn't get onto the live stream. For them we got a voice livestream and a 20 year old work profile picture.

Marilyn binge watched the entirety of The Mandalorian yesterday and loved it. My youngest got out of bed and did some cooking. DD hasn't heard the test results from her boyfriends father.

Today, aside from the usual, we are going to go to Home Depot.

QOTD: Nope, usually the opposite if I wake at night.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Hamburger

Snack: SF pudding

Dinner: Tenderloin

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/28/20 8:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Baby Yoda

MadisonRose
on 3/28/20 6:23 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! So yesterday I changed my menu up a bit and had nothing but protein shakes, yogurt, carrots with hummus and soup. Trying to get my weight back to going in the right direction. I have been craving carbs like crazy and I know the more I give in the more I will crave them. So today will be much of the same and trying to stick to my strict diet until I get those dang cravings out of my system! Even went to bed by 7:30 last night so I wouldn't get any late night munchies. And I never go to bed that early on a Friday night much less any other night. I just know that I have to stop this vicious cycle of staying up, feeling like I'm hungry when I know I'm not really hungry, munching on things which leads to more munching which leads to craving those things every night and around and around we go. It has to END!

My parents want me to come over and spend the day with them. I think they are just bored. I feel bad as I'd love to go visit with them, but I also know that will sabotage my diet as my mother always tries to feed me and expects me to stay for dinner. Their house is filled with delicious goodies that I am not supposed to have and I'd just rather not deal with the temptation. My mother's motto is "have one, it won't kill you." I know she means well, but I have gotta kick this habit.

QOTD: I don't really drink much water at night. I used to, but not anymore. Very rarely I'll wake up and get some water because I'm thirsty. I already wake up just about every night having to go to the bathroom so I can only imagine if I did drink water every night. I'd probably have to take my pillow and blanket to the bathroom with me and camp out there. Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

S: L&F yogurt with fruit

L: carrots w/ hummus

S: premier shake

D: leftover salmon maybe

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/28/20 6:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today is my 4 year surgiversary. It doesn't seem that long somehow. I am happy that I am below my personal WLS goal of 125, but really still want another 2-3 to come off which of course is going very SLOW. Pretty much all my clothes from before last year fit again and I have a few items from last year that I have to take in. One is a strapless bra that I tried to wear yesterday and kept slipping down to my waist (LOL). Needless to say, I had to change out of the top that required a strapless bra and wear something else.

QOTD: I drink plenty of water during the day, but I stop a couple of hours before bed and never drink it during the night. I would have to be up and down to the bathroom otherwise.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee!

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Vegetarian Chili

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 3/28/20 8:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Happy Surgiversary.

White Dove
on 3/28/20 8:36 am - Warren, OH

I no longer have the problem but when I was too skinny to have a strapless bra stay up, I bought adhesive bra cups and they worked great.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

karenp8
on 3/28/20 6:51 am - Brighton, IL

Happy Saturday menu friends! Miss Lily and I have already had a 45 minute walk and plan to take another short and another long walk later if weather permits. We walked 4 miles last night and got some gorgeous pics I'll save for Friday. QOTD yes I usually wake for a drink at night. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2 today. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz crab salad D 4 oz taco meat with cheese,tomato and a scoop of guacamole. No snacks here.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?