What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 1:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks to Sheila for sending me this one! I told her I totally related because I bought Reese's PB Cups while I was shopping before quarantine just in case it was the last time I would be able to eat them. Seriously.

You guys, I am a mess today. I was really busy yesterday and started to get overwhelmed. I worked 2 extra hours but had to give myself a hard stop because I know if I worked until I felt satisfied that I was done, I would never stop. But then I had anxiety dreams all night and finally gave up on sleeping at 3am. Thankfully we have tomorrow off, so hopefully I can get myself in a good spot today and really relax over the long weekend. I think it is more emotional stress with all of this scary stuff in the news more than work itself, but this is how it is manifesting for me.

Accountability: Grim was unsatisfied with his last two batches of bread, so he read Paul Hollywood's book: How to Bake. Let me assure you--Paul Hollywood knows how to bake a DAMN good loaf of bread. It was the best I have ever had. I also rode the stationary bike for an hour, but I doubt it canceled out the bread.

QOTD: What is your mask situation like? Did you make your own, buy them, or did someone make you one? We have our giant filtered hard plastic ones for woodworking which have stronger filters than the N95s. I wore it to the store and got hit on with a "nice mask" the other day, lol :) Grim sewed a few designs that we donated to my parents but we are struggling to find a design that he liked making with the round elastic we have. He had an idea for sewing some that wrap around the back of the head with an elastic headband, so we are going to try those this weekend.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 4/9/20 3:02 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It's temporary Friday! The state of NC gives us "spring holiday" on Good Friday. I had totally forgotten about it until Jon's boss reminded everyone on Tuesday. It feels a little pointless to have a day off, but I'll take it. I need to clean our 3rd floor. Normally it needs far less attention than the rest of the house because we're not up there much and the pets don't go up there. But, with us being home working we're in the office 8+ hours per day, using the bathroom up there, and the cat likes to join us.

QOTD: As you know, I've been making masks. So far they are working out nicely using 1/4" flat elastic. For the most part I have taken the elastic from donated kid's clothes that I ripped apart and then cut it lengthwise. I've donated 27 masks in addition to making us each one. I have been sewing them on lunch break and between meetings and then posting them on our neighborhood group each evening. They seriously get snatched up in less than 5 minutes.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Egg, Cheese, Sausage
  • Leftover Roasted Sweet Potatoes, but I'll add something to that. Maybe a hotdog as I have those to use up.
  • I think we'll take out tonight, probably from the Italian place and I'll get Caprese salad.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 5:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Its funny that you mention your 3rd floor--we have a house with 4 bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, living room, and a family room, but I swear that on a typical day, we spend 100% of our time in the master bedroom that also has a sitting room space with a couch and tv. We seriously never use the rest of the house at all.

But since I've been home, we are suddenly using every square inch of this house, all day, and I am in a constant state of awe at how messy its getting now that we are actually using it! I feel like I am constantly picking up and its cluttered in under 10 minutes!

catwoman7
on 4/9/20 7:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we're like that as well. We're almost always in the kitchen or the master bedroom. We don't use our living room at all because we don't want the cats in there (too many breakable things), and until now we didn't use our family room very often, either. But now that DH has his "office" up there, he's up there all day and we're using it more in the evening, too. It's a great room so I'm not sure why we've never used it as much as did (before the virus...). Anyway, we used to question why we even bothered to buy a house when we've pretty much actively used the same amount of square footage that we did when we had our apartment!

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 8:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha, I know--now that we are spread out, I am like--oh, why didn't we ever use the rest of this house? Its nice! Haha.

Teenie
on 4/9/20 11:45 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

DH has been making mask. We found a boatload of elastic in my moms old sewing kit so we were lucky there. He promised the Police department he would donate mask for them. he has been putting a pocket in them so they can put a Shop towel in them for more protection. But as soon as he gets done with the ones for the police and our immediate family I will have him post on our neighborhood facebook page. I have a feeling when i get home I will be cutting and pinning while he actually does the sewing so wish me luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

MadisonRose
on 4/9/20 4:02 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Went another day with sticking to plan so I feel good about that. I also got off my butt and started working out consistently again this week which is probably why I'm so sore. I got the best news yesterday. Found out my best friend who had her baby girl this past November is pregnant again! She texts me asking if I can keep a secret? I said yes! Are you pregnant? She said her and her husband agreed not to tell anyone yet, but she said she's going to tell him that everyone didn't include her best friend. Lol She's so excited and said she couldn't keep it in any longer! I just hope everything goes smoothly for her with everything that's going on with this virus. She's due in December so I pray everything will be calmed down by then.

QOTD: No mask as I don't really go anywhere and only go to the grocery store for absolute necessities. When I do go I know what I want and try to get in and get out as quickly as possible.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 3 or some hot tea

L: low sodium turkey breast deli meat and provolone cheese

D: salmon and veggies

S: L&F yogurt w/banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 5:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Aw congrats to your friend--how exciting!

Make sure to at least wear a bandana or something when you go to the store! It's not perfect, but it helps! Etsy is selling a lot, too, if you are looking to buy some.

Sheila_H
on 4/9/20 8:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Such blessing and joy during these hard times. Congrats to your friend and to you for being her best friend.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/20 4:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. I am sorry you were overwhelmed. Drawing a line between work and not work when WFH can sometimes be a challenge. It is part of why I always worked in the same place out of the way. When I was there I was at work, if not I was off. And yes you have to set a hard stop time. Pretend you have a bus to take.

Yesterday was somewhat exciting in our neighborhood as a tree trimmer fell off my roof (one story). He seemed mostly okay, but they left for the day (hopefully to get him checked out as he had a huge goose egg over one eye). I hope we find out all is well today though whatever happened he is going to have one heck of a black eye. Today I think we will drive around the backroads of Siesta Key. Something to do and gas is cheap.

QOTD: Right now I am wearing a mask cobbled together from a fabric dinner napkin but a friend is sending ones that she made for both me and SIL. She is such a sweetheart.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover chili

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404