What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/11/20 3:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey y'all! I had a nice day yesterday--I did some crafting & cleaning & organizing, and watched a bunch of last season's Project Runways. Ahh. It finally felt like the type of quarantine day that I have wanted. I hope to have a similar day today :) Its finally a dry day, too--still pretty chilly out, but I am hoping to get outside, nonetheless. I didn't end up doing the menu rehaul that I had planned on, but I will get to it today.

Accountability: Grim made more bread. FML.

QOTD: Have you been buying things online since this all started? Not too much for me... I ordered some crafting supplies which came yesterday, and today I ordered 3 Fit Frappe Mochas from Netrition.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 4/11/20 5:57 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning,JB and other menu friends. Miss Lily and I have a 45 minute walk in already and will do at least 2 more today. Its supposed to be nice and cool here today and dry until this evening. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy all day. Accountability was good til we went next door for dinner and I ate 5 crackers with cream cheese. Today we'll be back to no snacking. QOTD no. I never really order anything online or really shop except for food. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c beef and mushroom soup D 4 oz grilled shrimp. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone and stay safe!

White Dove
on 4/11/20 6:29 am - Warren, OH

My sister tells a story about when I got my first computer. My husband told her that he should save a lot of money because I was sitting at the computer every night instead of going out shopping.

Then a few days later, the first UPS man cam to the door.

I buy a lot online and much more since the corona virus. Amazon usually haves what I can't get from Instcart or other curbside and delivery options.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/11/20 6:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's Saturday? Hard to keep track when one is doing the same things every day. We had great takeout last night with at least two meals of leftovers (yeah!). Today we have a video chat with a bunch of Florida friends at 2. This is the first time for some of them and they range in age up to the mid 80's. It will be interesting to see who makes it.

QOTD: Well, I'm an online shopper extraordinaire at any time. I have bought less in terms of clothing, but about the same from Amazon Prime. But I did succumb to the online Lilly Pulitzer sale this weekend (30% off everything). I bought several items which I will hopefully have an opportunity to wear someday!

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Shrimp and veggies

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 4/11/20 7:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning everyone!

I'm feeling rather cruddy. Stomach is upset and the Tylenol 4's are not helping with that.

not to much planned for today. My brother and his family are coming over to get our printer(for at home school stuff). My mom is also going to do an egg hunt for the kids. I'd of rather them stayed at home but alas my opinion doesn't count this time.

I did poorly food wise yesterday. I'm finding the more pain I'm in the more I try to comfort myself with food. I know it doesn't work that way but in the moment I sure seem to think it will.

Sleep was crap due to a lot of pain. Not much hope for a nap today.

b:oatmeal and flex packets

s:pp shake with strawberries

l:1 slice ultra thin crust supreme pizza

s:Greek yogurt w/blueberries

d:???

Melody P.
on 4/11/20 10:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Oops, qotd: I order a lot online for me but not as much as a lot of folks do. ESP during holidays and birthdays.

catwoman7
on 4/11/20 7:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

the kitty seems even better today! He's even eating - or at least a little - but after the last few days, I'll take it. We also took him back to the vet clinic yesterday for a "sanitary cut", where they shave the fur on his backside. Now if he has another poop mess again, at least it'll be easier to clean him up (and smeared poop trapped in long fur (he's a long-haired cat) is REALLY tough to get out!). Sadly, that was sort of the highlight of my day yesterday - other than playing online Mah Jongg with my usual Mah Jongg team.

I made Liz's lemon blueberry pie last night. I decided to add in two scoops of vanilla protein powder to bring up the protein count a smidge so I could have it as a quick breakfast. If you cut it into six pieces (and that's a good size piece if you're having it as a meal rather than a treat), the extra protein added about 30 calories and seven grams of protein. So that was breakfast today. A piece of that with 2 T light Cool Whip on top was just a smidge under 200 calories and 23 grams of protein! And it was delectable!!

nothing on the agenda yet for today other than a walk. It's supposed to be 61 degrees and it's very sunny at the moment. It's supposed to rain tonight, though - as well as tomorrow - so we'll need to go early.

QOTD: not really. The only thing I've ordered since this began is four packages of underwear for DH (he seemed to be doing laundry way more than what would be expected for two people trapped in their house 24/7 - and mostly living in sweats or re-runs (I mean, who's going to know if we wear the same outfit two days in a row?)). He said it was because he only has six pairs of underwear. Sheesh! I must have 30. So I ordered him some new ones from Hanes. If I ordered over a certain monetary amount, I got a 20% discount plus free shipping. So 36 pairs of underwear are on their way... He probably won't need to buy underwear for at least five more years!

TSS: 4y10m

B: piece of lemon blueberry pie with 2 T light Cool Whip, coffee w/ half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: salad with diced chicken and light dressing, Aldi's "bagel skinny" with 2 T light whipped cream cheese

AS: probably yogurt

D: veggie pasta with 2 TJ's turkey meatballs and homemade marinara sauce

ES: L&F yogurt (for my antibiotic)

ex: walking for sure, maybe weights

have a great Saturday, all!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/11/20 8:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am glad you like it and have even improved it!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 4/11/20 8:14 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! There is nothing like getting woken up by the sounds of hammering and drilling. My neighbor in the townhome next to me is doing some renovations and my once quiet and peaceful place is no longer quiet and peaceful. Ugh!

Well my eating didn't go as planned yesterday. I had mostly premier shakes and Light and Fit yogurt all day up until dinner time and for dinner I didn't end up having the enchilada. Instead I had some shrimp sausage and corn my mom made and a few steamed oysters which were yummy! I felt so bad for my father as he prepared the oysters for us even though he can't eat them as he's highly allergic. Today I will be trying to eat light as tonight I'll be going to my brothers and his girlfriends house for his birthday. No party or anything since we are supposed to be social distancing. They are grilling steaks and veggies and even though I told him not to plan a special meal around me and what I can eat his girlfriend still went out and got me a sweet potato so I wouldn't feel left out with everyone else having baked potatoes....sigh. I am going to try to pass up having a taste of the cake and ice cream so we shall see how that goes. At least the scale is starting to move in the right direction again now that I'm working out more and being stricter about my diet so hopefully that will give me the motivation!

QOTD: I have ordered several items that are taking awhile to ship. Some are taking a month or more. I'm not complaining as I know with everything that is going on with the pandemic it's to be expected.....I'm just impatient. Lol. I did order me a ninja blender last night that I'm sooo excited about, but I'll have to wait a bit as it won't arrive until 5/11. Also ordered me a bunch of coffee that is supposed to arrive next week. Oh and a hummingbird feeder to hang right outside my home office window so I can watch the birds as I work.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 3

L: L&F yogurt w/banana

D: steak, sweet potato and grilled zucchini

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Sheila_H
on 4/11/20 8:26 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning Sat menuers!!

Any weekend plans? JK! It's gloomy in my neck of the woods.

Usually in my neighborhood we would have an Easter egg hunt on the greens for all the neighborhood kids. Even though my kids are older they always had fun at these, and as they grew they helped with hiding the eggs or helping out the younger ones to find them. I'm so sad we won't do it this year.

I know I've been complaining about DS being distant and grumpy, but there are little moments that my little baby comes through. Last night he asked me about the egg hunt that was cancelled, then asked if we'd have our own family egg hunt in the house! My 18 year old grump still wants to hunt for eggs and wants the candy/chocolate that is in it. Well, I guess we will have an egg hunt no matter the lock down! Thank goodness last time I was at Target I got some Easter related candies!

QOTD: I wouldn't say more, but UPS guy knew the whole family by name, before the virus lock down. So I'd say we have been prolific online shoppers per usual.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Protein coffee
  • L: Costco egg bites
  • S:cheese whisps (25)
  • D: Tuna + hb eggs
  • E: 25 cardio (elliptical) + 45 min strength training

Happy Easter. Have a great Sat and stay safe.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views