PostOp-Easter-Quarantine

Michelle I.
on 4/12/20 10:10 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Add all of that together and I'm feeling serious depression. I'm only 10 days post op so keeping myself busy in the house is getting harder and harder. My family is spending time together in a lot of different places. And I can't go to any of them....emotions are very high!

White Dove
on 4/12/20 1:29 pm - Warren, OH

Depression is one of the consequences of social distancing and may be more deadly than the disease itself. Please contact your medical team and let them know what is happening to you. They should have some suggestions to help you as you go through this difficult time.

Many surgeons are postponing weight loss surgery procedures until after quarantine. It might have been better if that had happened, but it is water under the dam now.

Please get some help,

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Michelle I.
on 4/12/20 4:11 pm - VSG-1/6/14, CA

awwww-thank you for the input. It's appreciated. My husband took me for a drive. It helped so much. The fresh air is a game changer. We have had so much rain and cold air I didn't even want to venture outside. I feel refreshed.

ScaleSkater
on 4/12/20 3:26 pm

I hope you find some peace with friends today. I've made a few face-time calls this weekend. Try to stay connected via the phone and internet. But agree, call your physician or a patient support center. My employer offers 24 hour counseling assistance, so i know I have someone to talk to if problems become overwhelming. There are many public support programs. Reach out where you can. Take care.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Michelle I.
on 4/12/20 4:12 pm - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Thank you ScaleSkater. I called my mother.... ??

catwoman7
on 4/13/20 7:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't know how much you're able to get out and about, but my husband and I take long walks almost every evening (and I sometimes walk during the day as well), and we'll occasionally take a drive just for a change of scenery. Both help...

Michelle I.
on 4/13/20 7:45 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Thank you. And yes they help!'

Dee_Caprini
on 4/14/20 3:26 pm, edited 4/14/20 8:26 am

The emotions are absolutely high, and the fact that you are just out of surgery doesn't help either. Please know that we are here for you to vent! my emotions were magnified x10, or so I felt and looking back now, I see that it was all normal to go through what I was going through. Granted, I did not have a Quarantine in place... but I still stayed indoors for a while before going out to do things so I guess it was by choice.

I hope your program has a designated mental health pro, or provide you with the ability to speak to someone who understands what you are going through?

We've been zoom-ing our family chats and it's helped my mental state greatly.

Sending Hugs your way!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 397 views