Revision

Kim Brown
on 5/22/20 8:08 am - MUSCLE SHOALS, AL

Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on. I have a question. Have any of you had revision surgery to have the open to the small intestines made smaller. I am 12 years out and I had a EGD yesterday. My gastroenteritis said it was double the size it should be. At the start of my journey I was 315lbs at 5'4. I lost down to 175 but after several years I am up to 200lbs. I would like to hear your story if you have had the revision done. Thank you.

Joe G.
on 5/22/20 3:06 pm - Mission, TX
RNY on 05/12/20

Hello,

I had a VSG in 2013 and on May 12th of this year I had a conversion from the sleeve to RNY , main issue was Barrett's Esophagus caused by an extreme case of Acid Reflux , I did gain weight back during that time. I am 10 days out and its just as challenging as the first time but know good health is on the way!

Thanks,

Joe

White Dove
on 5/23/20 6:43 am - Warren, OH

You won't find anyone here who had stoma tightening. The people who had it are here for a month or so and then vanish forever. They expected the stoma tightening to result in weight loss and that never happens.

The normal stoma is about the size of a quarter. I would bet that it is larger in any of us that are 12 years out, because at some point we have all eaten too much at one time and have stretched the pouch and/or the stoma.

A surgeon could refer you to patients that he has done the procedure on and let them tell you how they feel whether the surgery was worth doing. If it is not causing you any problems, I would recommend Weigh****chers to lose the twenty five extra pounds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kim Brown
on 5/23/20 7:56 am - MUSCLE SHOALS, AL

Thank you so much for your reply. This really helps.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/23/20 6:58 am - Burleson, TX

Hi, Kim! I have 2 IRL friends, who have had stoma tightening stoma tightening surgery...both were men (no idea, if that matters)...one had the ROSE, and the other had the Stomaphyx...

Unfortunately, both costs multiple thousands, of $$$, and were FAILURES...and were uncovered, by insurance...

I recently had an EGD...am 18 years post RNY...My guts are now about 1/4 bigger than they were. Some stretching is "normal", over the years. IMHO, any surgeon who would take your money, etc for only 25 pound regain, something is very, very fishy...

Yes, a "revision" may be needed, but, from what information you have provided, surgery is not what you need, at this point...

25 loss is easily attainable, and we will happily help you, any way we can!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kim Brown
on 5/23/20 7:54 am - MUSCLE SHOALS, AL

Thank you so much for your reply. This is the information I'm looking for.

summerset
on 5/26/20 2:48 am

Unless you experience uncontrollable dumpings I wouldn't look into revision of the anastomosis. As other users have already said the procedure doesn't seem to result in weight loss.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 504 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 208 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?