What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/24/20 3:02 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Moooorning everyone! I am so refreshed and happy--a good night's sleep is really the key. Yesterday was just generally a great day, too! Work was interesting--busy but not overwhelming. And the weather was stunning, so I had some really nice time enjoying my backyard oasis :) I guess today is going to be rainy and humid, so I am glad I took the time to enjoy it yesterday.

Food was good--I stayed on plan except switched out dinner, but it was about the same points profile, so all good. I wasn't hungry at all. Love those small pouch days! I am still trying to make up for all of the extra points I had this weekend, so I want to keep the daily totals really low.

After waiting weeks from the original delivery date, my big cantilever umbrella came to finally provide me some shade! Buuuuuuut... they suddenly became back-ordered on the base, and delivery is 10-12 weeks out. Ugh. So I took a refund, and ordered another one from Amazon that should be here on Saturday. I hope it fits! I think this will be the best feature of the new space and I am annoyed that it's the last thing to come. Fingers crossed!

QOTD: What's the dumbest thing you believed as a child? When I was in kindergarten there was a little girl who was getting in trouble all time and was sent to the principal's office a lot. She used to come back and tell us she got into "ho****er" which was an expression I didn't know. But when I saw the "boiler room" I understood... Obviously they were literally throwing the little kids who misbehaved into giant pots of ho****er! I was soooooooo scared of the principal!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Maddymoe2
on 6/24/20 3:44 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. I am up early again. It's almost 3:30 am here. Yesterday was a productive day! I finished painting my downstairs and made a reclaimed wood wall with old cedar boards. I love it!! We are turning my son's room into a family room. I love house projects.

My son made it to New Jersey. He called last night and I could tell that he was reading a statement. He stated that he arrived safely and that he would call again on Sunday of week 6. When I woke up this morning, he was my first thought. I am sure he is exhausted. Yesterday was a long day for him.

I rocked food yesterday and I feel good this morning. I am headed to Home Depot to get a few things this morning and grab some groceries. I may brave Costco. The last few times I was there, they were out of halibut.

QOTD- I used to think that if you ate raw potatoes that you would get worms.

Food plan for today-

2 eggs with siracha

Can of tuna with onion, dill pickle and skinny girl poppyseed dressing. ( I forgot how much I loved this)

Grilled chicken and vegetables

Chomps in my purse in case I need a snack in town.

LOts of water and iced tea, vitamins always.

Hopefully a walk tonight. Yesterday was hot here.

Have a great day everyone and be safe.

supershopper
on 6/24/20 4:16 am

I'm starting with QOTD--- I was a gullible child with two meany older sisters. One night the search lights were in the sky and my sisters convinced me they were UFO's and they were coming to get me.

My oldest sister at the end of her bath would hit the drain and start flailing around saying the tub was sucking her down and made me pull her out. they were mean lol...

oh and my mom kept donating stuff to the paralyzed vets and I told her one day I did know there were so many paralyzed veterinarians out there... yes folks I'm a natural blonde from Alabama... I already have 2 strikes against me...

So things are going well so far this week. I tried out a new gym yesterday, more weight training based which I really like. its 90% weights not 90% cardio machines. and its not crowded...

food plan today

b: eggs/pumpkin compote

b2: shake

l: turkey/veggies

l2: not sure/veggies

d: not sure/veggies

S: probably yogurt or protein pancakes

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Sheila_H
on 6/24/20 7:38 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The last part of your QOTD had me in stitches.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

MadisonRose
on 6/24/20 4:18 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Well at least we are halfway through the week....so that's good. Now it's even harder to work since all I want to do is play with the kitten. Got her an appointment with the vet on Saturday for a check up and vaccinations. Hoping she's a healthy little girl! Still no name for her, but I really like Blossom or Tulip. Or Ivy since she loves to climb. Also thought about Millie which means "gentle strength." She's definitely a strong little one, but also very sweet and gentle. Sigh....decisions decisions.

Accountability started out really great yesterday until my sweet tooth kicked in last night. Today I will make better choices!

QOTD: hmmm this is a tough one as i believed all kinds of silly things as a child. Like if you swallowed a watermelon seed you'd grow a watermelon in your stomach. Or that the vacuum cleaner could suck you right into it if you weren't careful.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: salmon and veggies

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

supershopper
on 6/24/20 5:18 am

funny you mention that. there was a kid in my church that had his appendix burst and mom told me he swallowed a watermelon seed and it grew in his belly so it needed removed...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 6/24/20 12:17 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh - I didn't even think of Millie - that's a cute name, too! Or Molly.

karenp8
on 6/24/20 5:20 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. No work today as I have a doctor's appointment with my rheumatologist in a bit and am getting a cortisone shot in my left shoulder as I've been having pain that keeps me from sleeping. Not a fan of big needles but if the pain is bad enough... Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.6. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L tuna pouch D 4 oz grilled salmon. Stay safe and make the best choices you can.

momyshaver
on 6/24/20 5:23 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I hope your appointment goes well. I hope the shot helps the pain you are having. I really admire your consistency and accountability in spite of your health issues. You are really someone that inspires me to get out of my own way.

momyshaver
on 6/24/20 5:21 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good Morning, Everyone! I love coming to the forums and seeing the faithful posters even when I can muster up the strength to post. Thank you for these daily accountability threads and sense of normalcy amidst all the unpredictable things these past months.

I was head smart but naïve in many ways as a child. I remember one time as a young child my brother ran out to me at my grandma's house and exclaimed the chicken she had on her toilet as a TP cover had laid an egg. I excitedly ran back to the bathroom with him only to find a roll of TP and be sorely disappointed and rather perturbed at my younger brother who found it quite funny. Yeah. I think I thought the Care Bears were going to beam into my upstairs bedroom window up until about grade 1 also, lol. Vivid imagination, let's say.

I have been working on getting back on track after reaching out to my bariatric team. I found myself struggling with the basic suggestions and realized I needed to make some additional changes but was just really struggling. My bariatric nutritionist sent some additional suggestions and another Dr. prescribed me Effexor for my anxiety, (around many things but in this case, food) and depression. I was really nervous about starting a medication like that but I really felt like I wa****ting a brick wall and I needed to find a way to help me not get in the way of my own progress. I am hoping it doesn't mess with my weight. I also stopped drinking and that was hard but it has been 5 days since my last drink. I know some people can drink after bariatric surgery without any issues but unfortunately, it just wasn't the best way for me to cope with my lack of appetite and anxiety around food and chronic pain. I had never drank before but quickly built up a tolerance and was using it way too much to cope, (similar to how I had used food in a lot of ways except for the chronic pain). I am trying to get in to see as many of my Drs as I can who have been closed due to covid. I had a thorough eye exam and a new set of bifocals on order. I have an appointment in mid July to pull several back teeth that were broken when I had fallen last Fall and broke my jaw, (that had been put on hold due to Covid). I will still have the altered sensation and pain in my lower jaw when I eat so the bariatric nutritionist suggested a soft foods stage type plan supplemented with protein drinks, (I have had protein calorie malnutrition so that is a concern in my case). I try to get as much protein from food as I can. I have been mixing a tuna pouch with one of those preportioned guacamole cups and eating that carefully as my main meal that I can seem to manage, usually in the late afternoon or evening. I work on fluids and vitamins during the day. There are many days that I feel like a bariatric failure but I try to remind myself that I haven't given up and my story isn't over yet. My Dr. reminded me that I have been through a lot and that helped me get a bit of perspective for a minute.

OH - We added backyard chickens! I am so delighted. I have wanted backyard chickens for so long! The blackberries we planted have started to ripen and the other fruits are doing nicely. We have cooked out a few times and I am working on converting the raised bed garden area to a lasagna garden since I don't really have the energy to otherwise tend to it this summer.

I hope you all are staying healthy and safe in these times. I am thankful for you all and each experience shared here in these daily posts. You are a great group.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics