What's on your Saturday menu?

MadisonRose
on 7/11/20 4:32 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Figured I'd go ahead and start things off. Hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday morning! I have got to take the kitten in this morning for her second round of vaccinations so I'm trying to slurp down my coffee so we can get going. Other than that I don't have any plans today. It's so dang hot here that it's too miserable to be outside. Accountability was pretty good yesterday. I ended up having to go into the office yesterday morning to get help with some software I needed to download on my laptop so my whole eating schedule was kind of thrown off. While I was there I was able to grab an extra monitor to take home so that will definitely help my work from home situation. It was so eerie seeing the office so empty and just a bunch of empty cubicles that's normally filled. My boss and a handful of people that were there to get help as well was happy to see me and couldn't believe how much more weight I had lost since they last saw me.

QOTD: What is the one snack that you can't resist if you have it in the house? For me it's ice cream. If it's in my house then I will eat it. I have no control when it comes to ice cream so I make a point not to buy it.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: TBD

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 7/11/20 5:00 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu crew!

we are supposed to get to 108 today. We have to take the car in for maintenance and state inspection at 9 this morning. Then we are doing a stock up run to the grocery store. We've decided to do a mostly stay at home for a while. With the numbers rising here.

i do have a lot of appointments in the next week though. Upper GI is Tuesday, pre-op Wednesday and phone ones Thursday and Friday. I also have to pick up lab orders Tuesday and hopefully I'll get that done Wednesday morning. I'm so tired already so it promises to be a long week...esp with this damned heat! I hate it so much! 100's for the next 10 or so days.

food was kind of bad yesterday but could've been worse I guess.

qotd: chips I would say. I'm sure they're more though. Cookies!

b:oatmeal with banana

l:oatmeal with flaxseed

d:not sure yet

s: not sure here yet either.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/11/20 5:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The thought of 108 would keep me home in addition to COVID. Sounds like a good idea to quarantine as much as you can though.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/11/20 1:11 pm - Amarillo, TX

I about lost it on a person at the dealership. She was sniffling and NO MASK. I complained that they should make people wear mask like they said they would..gah I see stupid people everywhere!

it's 110 on our porch. Inside for me until Monday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/11/20 5:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Are you in Texas too? I don't think I could stand super heat day after day. I didn't like Central Massachusetts when it hit 90 multiple days in a row. On Cape Cod it is almost always 10-15 degrees cooler with a sea breeze so much easier to stand. Today the humidity will make it feel like high 80's, but the actual temp will be in the high 70's. I might walk by the ocean but will probably just float in my pond if I need relief from the heat as the beaches are too busy on weekends (even in normal times, but I especially avoid them on weekends now).

My DSD is on the road driving from Florida to here. She is trying to do the entire 17.5 hours with just necessary stops but does have some options if she gets too tired. I'm glad she is getting out of Florida for the next few months.

I will probably go with friends to a local vineyard to listen to music later today. I will have to wear one of the way too many outfits I have bought online lately.

QOTD: Donuts, especially the raised kind - glazed or boston cream. Best not to have them anywhere near me. Pie can call to me too and DS is planning on making a peach pie...

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana and egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: possibly out - probably fish of some sort and wine...

S:bean salad and/or strawberry cheesecake yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/12/20 9:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

a bunch of pix I took when we did the cape cod railroad a few years ago popped up in my Facebook memories...so lush and green. I remember being amazed at how COLD it was there in early July. I loved the hoodie I had to buy there to stay warm, it was one of the pieces of clothes I was sad to give up when it became ginormous on me.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/11/20 6:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

DH and I are biking over to one of the 'burbs this morning for coffee (well, I'm finishing my usual morning coffee up right now - so I'll get an iced latte there). I biked over there with a friend a few days ago for the same reason, and DH was so intrigued that he wants to do it today. So...OK! After that I'm "attending" the virtual Obesity Action Committee conference from 12-2 CDT (they have free sessions today and the next two weekends, too). Later this afternoon we're going to pick up a couple more raspberry bushes from the freecycle person and we'll plant them right away. We waited a couple of days to plant the first one I got because of the heat and heavy rains - and it looks a little sad. I'm hoping it'll make it!

weather was great yesterday and will be for the next few days - 80ish, lower humidity, no rain. Hopefully it's heading east for those of you on the (east) coast... I'm so happy because that hot, humid horribleness kept me trapped in my house. I plan to do a lot of biking and walking these next few days!

QOTD: We always have ice cream and cookies and other treats around here because of DH, and surprisingly, I don't have much of a problem ignoring those - but the one thing I CANNOT keep out of is this protein pudding I occasionally make with SF butterscotch pudding and a combo of peanut butter-flavored protein powder and cinnamon-flavored protein powder. Something about that combination of flavors drives me out of my mind. When I make it (which isn't often because I eat too much of it), I usually make a double batch and freeze half of it into "popsicles" and have the other half in the fridge. I do better with the popsicles. The stuff in the fridge is my kryptonite.

TSS: 5+ y

B: Homemade Greek yogurt (probably coconut-flavored) with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: Latte made with 2% milk and SF syrup

L: Asian-inspired cole slaw (made with a peanut dressing) and 1-2 Costco chicken skewers

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries - or cheesecake flavored yogurt pie w/ strawberry-rhubarb compote

D: Thai-style chicken/broccoli curry (no rice)

I'll probably have a protein shake somewhere in there, too

have a great Saturday, all!

Lisa91941
on 7/11/20 9:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning all! It's definitely warm here, and we are spoiling ourselves with the AC this morning. All the blinds are closed, as we get a ton of morning sun in our sitting areas. As the sun goes over we have more protection so we start opening up the front of the house. Today's plan is to work on RV systems start up. Lots of rinsing and draining to clear out the chemicals. Then it recommends taking it for a nice drive to get everything sloshed around. Looks like I'm about to get my first ride in my new traveling house! We've got a baby shower this afternoon for one of my favorite people. The new dad is an ER doc, and it's a day long event. We've been given a slot to arrive and leave so they can freshen up in between guests, and they have a huge patio with views to forever they are holding it on. They've asked we wear masks and use hand sanitizer if we go in the house. This is a long awaited baby girl, and we are all so excited for them. Even with the strange times we are in, we are so happy to get to celebrate her a little bit.

QOTD: DORITOS! No question.

Menu:

B: coffee and half PP shake

L: chicken leg and salad

D: TBD

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active