What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/12/20 5:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone!

I hope today finds you well and rested(if possible lol).

Not much planned today and I hope it stays that way. I may make my mom some pad Thai but other than that...quite! We have the kids 4 days this week. I have appointments 3 of those days too. I'm feeling rather overwhelmed. My mom bought me a cell phone yesterday...just with tracfone but I really don't need much so it's ok. I maybe receive personal calls once a week...if even that sometimes. It'll be for texts from doctors offices and the ability to call her to come pick me up when I'm ready.

I think I'll be trying making almond yogurt today. Hope it's edible!

QOTD:what tv show from your childhood did you love the most?

mine is the original x-men cartoon that played on Saturday mornings on FOX.

b:oatmeal with cacao powder

l:oatmeal with walnuts

d:not sure yet

s:silk almond milk yogurt and ???

catwoman7
on 7/12/20 5:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

we're meeting the moms for brunch later on this morning, so I may try to get a quick bike ride in first since the heat and humidity are supposed to start heading up again in a day or two. I'll eat before I go and just get an iced latte there - with 2% milk and SF Torani - should be OK. Then we're going over to MIL's so MY mother can see her new cat - and then DH and I have hair appts after that.

I just unfriended my cousin's husband (on Facebook) due to a political disagreement. He usually doesn't crap on my posts (and I've NEVER crapped on his, even though I don't agree with him on pretty much anything political), but he was at it this morning. He started out with some not-so-offensive (but a bit off-topic) responses, but then it got kind of nasty. I deleted his nasty comments - and then him. I hate unfriending relatives and long-time friends and rarely do it, but I have enough stress in my life without arguing with people on unresolvable issues, esp if they start getting nasty about it. So...good-bye. Plus he didn't have to get nasty about it - sheesh.

QOTD: when I was really young, I used to love this children's program that was on in the Cleveland viewing area called "Barnaby" - those of you who lived in northeast Ohio in the 1960s (and 70s, too) will remember it. When I was a little older, I always watched the Saturday night line up (All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Bob Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore)

TSS: 5+ y

B: chocolate "mousse" (made from cottage cheese and protein powder) with 2 T light Cool Whip and raspberries, coffee with half & half

MS: iced latte

L: I'm not going to be home most of the day, so I'm taking a couple of protein bars with me

AS: Greek yogurt with diced 1/2 mango

D: an ear of corn (elote - the Mexican version - love it!), cole slaw made with an Asian-inspired dressing, and a couple of Costco chicken skewers

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 7/12/20 6:22 am - Warren, OH

I have a few relatives that I have not blocked, but would if they posted nasty things on my site. They are convinced the virus is a hoax and we are all being controlled by wearing a mask.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 7/12/20 7:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you'd think with all that's going on around us, they'd finally be convinced it's real, but...nope. It just floors me!

MadisonRose
on 7/12/20 9:35 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I swear family can be the worst sometimes. That's exactly why I got off of Facebook in 2009 and never went back. Don't miss it one bit. My mother is on Facebook though and is always complaining about someone....either her sister or niece and I have to just tell her I don't want to hear it. It's exactly why I'm not on there anymore. Her and my cousin (her niece) got into a spat awhile back and my cousin ended up blocking her and moms still sore over it. So petty sometimes when there are more important things to worry about. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 7/12/20 9:51 am - Amarillo, TX

If I didn't have my chainmaille stuff I wouldn't be on FB. I have two groups of people. One is family and they are often blocked from reading most of my posts. I feel more comfortable with mostly complete strangers than them. The other group is closer friends and some CM business associates.

I don't want to deal with em as most are trumpers and they get peeved about anything and everything. I also do not follow or look at any their feeds or pages.

White Dove
on 7/12/20 6:04 am, edited 7/11/20 11:20 pm - Warren, OH

I am from NE Ohio so remember Barnaby, Mr Greenjeans, and Captain Penny. I always watched All in the Family and Mary Tyler Moore, but don't know why I did no****ch Bob Newhart.

Captain Penny was on everyday at lunchtime. He drank a glass of Bosco with a big gulp and we all sang, I love Bosco, Bosco is for me. Bosco gives me energy and sunshine Vitamin D.

Bosco was chocolate milk powder.

He taught us things like You can fool some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time, but you can't fool mom. She's pretty nice and she's pretty smart.

He always ended his show with Do the best you can in everything you say and do and then don't worry about it, don't fret about it and you'll live a whole lot longer. I still hear his voice in my head saying that if I find myself worrying about anything.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/12/20 6:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Looks like Barnaby and Captain Penny were Ohio only shows? I don't remember either one. And was there a Greenjeans show? I do remember Mr Green Jeans on Captain Kangaroo.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 7/12/20 6:25 am - Warren, OH

You are right, Mr Greenjeans was on Captain Kangaroo. Your memory is better than mine. Barnaby and Captain Penny were Cleveland shows. They were a lot like Mr. Greenjeans.

catwoman7
on 7/12/20 2:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I remember Captain Penny - Jungle Larry was on the show sometimes, too. Bosco is still around, but I don't know about the powdered version. They still carry the chocolate syrup in some of the grocery stores around here...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views