Whats on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/10/20 2:21 am, edited 9/10/20 2:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Teehee, I am going to another one of those virtual wine & cheese tasting evenings again tonight, so this is me with my charcuterie board and glass of wine, later tonight :)

You guys, I know I sound like a broken record but work is insane. Check in on the HR people in your life--we are not okay, haha. But every day I have so many people quitting, retiring or taking leave. Today will be interesting--it is the first day that staff are expected to be back in the building (the last few days were virtual PD). I have heard that the union is going to make teachers come to the building but not go inside--they will "come to work", but from outside the building and will refuse to go inside. A few towns around here have done that this week, but today it's supposed to RAIN today so... anyway, I am sure to have another wild day. Ahhh.

So worried about all of you west coasters! My family in Oregon is now in the fire path... such a scary time for you all. I'm swinging chickens for everyone's safety!

QOTD: What are your favorite pajamas? In the winter I love my matchy-matchy flannel tops and bottoms, and in the summer I like to buy mens 2XL t shirts and wear those :)

I'm not going to post a full menu b/c of this wine thing... Here is what I am thinking:

B: Fit Frappe Mocha in hot coffee & 2 eggs

S: Apples

L: Salad with chicken, corn & black beans

S: HB Egg

D: Mediterranean Wine & Cheese Tasting - 4 types of each :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 9/10/20 2:47 am
VSG on 06/28/17

My heart really goes out to you through all of this. I am sure I don't even know the half of it. I hope that your virtual hang out tonight will help you recharge and unwind a bit.

I just like to wear yoga pants and a t-shirt to bed most nights. Mom life lol.

We closed late yesterday so today will be some really basic cleaning at the new house and maybe taking a few small things over. We haven't been able to switch over utilities fully so very basic. It was sweltering inside when we popped in after closing so taking a box fan and bracing for it. We talked about trying a BBQ place nearby that neither of us have been to after a busy day. My partner has to go in to work on their day off to staff a job fair, (not very high hopes but it is mandatory. Staffing has been an issue from before covid and now? Well...)

I am starting my day with a protein shake and coffee. Then water and vitamins. So at least we will have that to start out with before the day really springs off.

Make the most of your day today Everyone!

White Dove
on 9/10/20 3:21 am, edited 9/9/20 8:21 pm - Warren, OH

Years ago, I became addicted to Land's End Supima Cotton Nightgowns. I have a drawer full of them in different colors. Supima cotton feels like silk. I use them year round, unless it is extremely cold. |

When I was very newly wed, my mom gave me some flannel nightgowns for Christmas. My husband told her that she was trying to ruin his marriage. He thought women should dress for bed in sexy silk and lace gowns and negligees like in the movies.

When sweatpants became popular, Joe was always so upset to see a woman wearing them in public. He said it looked like they just slept in them and then got up and wore them all day. He did not live long enough to see the people that wear pajamas to shop at Walmart.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 9/10/20 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My dad was the same way about sweat pants. He always said sweat pants are for the gym. If you not in they gym you don't need sweat pants. I still will not go out anywhere unless I am fully put together or I need something quick and stop after the gym and still have on gym cloths. I am going to agree with Joe and my dad. It ain't right. My dad would also be going in sane if he saw Yoga Pants. For the love of god why do people wear these in public.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/20 8:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Because they are so comfortable!! I wouldn't wear them to work but I have no issues with wearing them out for errands or casual things.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Erin T.
on 9/10/20 3:59 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I agree, the situation on the west coast is so scary. We have friends who were in San Francisco. He took a job that required a 5 year agreement to work remotely, but in San Francisco. He just ended the 5 years and now can work from anywhere. They literally found a house in Maine, put in an offer and then moved themselves to a friend's summer home in NY until the closing - all in a week! They said the smoke was truly horrible.

Our dinner tomorrow will be a Charcuterie board. There's a woman in our neighborhood that makes fantastic ones. So Jon and I are having a "home" date - since there's no where to go anyway!

QOTD: I don't actually wear clothes to bed, lol. So my PJ's are for when I get up in the morning. I have two pairs of men's XL PJ pants that I bought for post plastics and Lularoe used to sell a men's shirt called a "Patrick" that I got a bunch of in 2XL and 3XL. Those are my go-to comfy clothes. I also have a pair of sweats I love and a pair of joggers from Athletica that I got on a BST group.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Eggs, Cheese, Sausage
  • Orange Chicken, broccoli w/ Rice (I'll make this for the family, but it's probably not actually compatible with diabetes so I'll probably end up with mostly veggies)

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

MadisonRose
on 9/10/20 4:18 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I'm getting off work early today to go to an eye doctors appointment. I've been going every few months because my eye pressures have been high and glaucoma runs in my family. It's been high since I was a kid though, but my eye doctor calls me a mystery because the past few months my pressures have suddenly become normal again. So I'm hoping they are normal again today. Worse case they are high and he will put me on some eye drops as a preventative. He keeps telling me he would rather be over cautious and try to prevent something early than to wait and have me develop glaucoma later. I was actually supposed to start on the drops last time but since my pressures were normal he decided to wait. So right now he's just keeping an eye on it. (No pun intended!) Lol and yes I know the proper name for an eye doctor, but I'm not even going to try to spell that this early on the morning! Ha

QOTD: I usually just wear over sized t-shirts to bed in the summer. I used to have a favorite pair of flannel pj's I loved wearing in the winter or just anytime when I was cold, but they are a 3x and the bottoms won't even stay up anymore. So I'm bummed about that.....not about being smaller than a 3x now, but about having to give up my favorite pair of flannel pj's. I need to get a new pair....hmmm maybe I'll add that to my Christmas list! Oh I do have a long sleeved warmish night gown with pictures of coffee all over it. I wear that all the time now even in the summer. It's way too big for me now, but I still make it work. I also have an oversized fluffy robe that I keep on my chair in my home office to wrap up in when I get cold while I'm working which seems to be all the time.

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: scrambled eggs with ham

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz baked salmon and broccoli

S: L&F yogurt and a banana or a built protein bar

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

supershopper
on 9/10/20 4:42 am

hi all- 2 more days! not that I'm not super excited.

my scale weight is still up despite an entire GALLON of water yesterday... my body is holding onto something- but whatever

QOTD: generally I have 'house' clothes which are leggings and big t shirts - coincidently also my 'work clothes' as of late.

We have had 2 people leave the last 2-3 months in a dept we support so this is going to get really bad quickly.

food plan: rest of this darn food that I'm getting burned out on honestly.

b: protein waffle

b2: eggs/sausage

l: fish/veggies/soup

l2: more soup?

d:?

s: unknown

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Christina135
on 9/10/20 4:49 am

Good morning JB and everyone.

That dog, with the wine, the head wrap and the shark coochie board is awesome.

QOTD - Last night it got down to the low 60's (San Antonio Texas) so we slept with the windows open. I was in hubs sweats, a yoga shirt and my floofy socks. I usually wear yoga pants and sports bra to sleep. I have this weird fear that I need to be ready to kick someone's ass in the middle of the night, so my tennis shoes are right by the bed and a tshirt. I have no idea why but I have been this way for years.

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee, topo chico, water

Lunch - Kale/soyrizo/polenta scramble with vegan cheese. Pumpkin seeds and a v8

Snack - pb & j on 12 grain bread, with chia seeds and hemp seed hearts

Dinner - NO clue, but it's our kids weekend so something yummy, with veggies on the side.

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 9/10/20 8:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I can see you kicking someone's ass.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active