What's on your Saturday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/19/20 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Fall is here in Massachusetts! Mike and I are meeting friends to walk our dogs along the Cape Cod Canal today. Sweaters and down vest are needed I think as it will be windy. I'm not sure what the rest of the day will bring but I am happy that I will see Mike in about 90 minutes as I didn't see him yesterday.

QOTD: What's the weirdest way you have met someone? I'd have to say via online dating! But it sure has been great. One advantage I have is that I am really good at researching people on the internet so I never met anyone without confirming that they were who they said they were and seemed to have an acceptable background/location. I did research Mike and he was a little surprised, but I didn't want to waste time and I didn't want to feel unsafe.

TSS: 4 years, 6 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese

L: ? (probably getting takeout with friends - otherwise deli chicken and laughing cow cheese)

D: Possibly pulled pork pie or out to dinner with Mike

S: WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 9/19/20 5:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Bro is leaving sometime today - not sure when but at least not super early because he's planning to do it in two days. We're meeting the others for coffee around 10:00...I have no idea what's up after that.

it's a chilly day, but temps will be back up in the 70s most of next week. YAY!

QOTD: I met DH online 27 years ago - which at that time was really unusual. He told that story to people for years until I clued him into the fact that nowadays, practically every other person meets dates that way! (he and I met on a listserv - remember those?). The other somewhat weird way is through DNA testing...esp when it's happened indirectly. I have one friend here in town who went to law school 40 years ago with the husband of a third cousin of mine who lives in Tucson whom I've never met before and never knew existed until I took a DNA test about five years ago (follow that?).

accountability was crap yesterday. It was O****il we went out to dinner with the family. Since bro is leaving today, it should be pretty easy to get back on track.

TSS: 5y3m

B: either farro with Greek yogurt or cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: maybe a turkey sandwich with tomato slices and Fit & Active bread

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries, maybe a light English muffin with light cream cheese

D: another Indian-inspired chicken dish from my new Instant Pot cookbook

have a great day, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/19/20 5:09 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I do remember listserv! I think we need to be a bit "older" to know what that is

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 9/19/20 6:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone and thanks for getting us started Liz!

I'm feeling water logged. My weight supports that feeling. I'm also very upset about last nights news. It literally makes me feel sick. Ugh.

not much planned for the day. I am super super in pain at the moment. I had a hard time sleeping due to each leg hurting when I was on that side. No matter how hard I try I can't sleep on my back. I'm just a hot mess! I don't feel all to well over all. We are having a ton of smoke in the air. I just can't even begin to imagine how you guys out west are dealing with it. It's thick enough here I can taste it. It's just scary stuff.

qotd: broad answer would be the internet. I once met up with someone from spark people (I think I'm remember it right?). We only met once since she was from Lubbock and we just didn't hit it off I guess. I also have a small group of friends I met on Rosie O'Donnells old forum. I've met 8 of them in person when I went to Canada(Edmonton). That's all I've got lol

b: egg, udi bread, pumpkin butter, plant based butter, banana and coffee later

l: probably pinto beans and a kiwi

d: no clue yet

s: popcorn and ???

MadisonRose
on 9/19/20 6:13 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I am so loving this Fall like weather! I'm going to enjoy it while I can because it normally doesn't stick around until about November here. So this morning I'm on the screened in porch with my kitties enjoying a cup of coffee with SF peppermint mocha creamer! Yes, I was actually able to find it this time!!!! I've never been able to find it in any grocery stores around here, but I add it to my instacart list and I actually get it! Yay! It's so delicious too! Got SF pumpkin spice as well and I think I'll have that in my next cup!

Accountability was good yesterday and I am so happy the scale is moving again! I finally broke 160 and this morning was 159! Hopefully this trend will continue! At this rate I feel like I'm losing just one pound a month, but I'll take it over gaining any day! Patience just isn't one of my strong suits! Lol

QOTD: online for sure. Met some good and bad people. Definitely have to be more cautious! On one hand it's easier to meet people for introverts like me, but on the other hand I don't like it as it feels so impersonal. Like I'm shopping for a date! But it's become the norm these days it seems. I used to be braver years ago with meeting people that way, but now I'm way more cautious. Now I typically chicken out when it comes to the actual meeting in person part.

B: coffee with Splenda & SF creamer x 2

B2: protein shake (premier shake mixed with a frozen banana)

L: oatmeal or carrots w/hummus and a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: TBD

S: L&F Greek yogurt and a small apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 9/19/20 6:29 am - Warren, OH

That one pound move from 160 to 159 always feels like a ten pound loss. A pound a month is OK if it is going in the right direction.

When I did do online dating, I realized that if the person did not want to meet in real life after two weeks, then it was time to move on to someone else. Otherwise it was a waste of time and probably going to lead to disappointment when there was an actual meeting.

Some people are serial online daters and have been doing it for fifteen or twenty years and just like the rush of meeting someone new. Many of them are just seeing what is out there and if they can do better.

One interesting thing I remember reading about eHarmony. They have a scientific method of collecting data and finding the best matches for you. So your first matches when you join are going to be the best available people for you. The longer you stay with them, the more unsuitable matches will come up.

But many people think that since their first matches were so great, that they should just wait and see if even better matches are going to turn up. So they keep trying and get more and more disillusioned. Because the system gives more and more "duds" as it tries to find who you are really looking for.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 9/19/20 6:16 am - Warren, OH

Online is pretty much the only way people meet each other these days. MyLife was not there yet when I was doing online dating. I joined another service that did a good job of looking people up. Before I met someone in person, I wanted to know how well their story checked out. I also had a friend who knew who I was meeting and an agreed time for me to check in with her after the date.

I have helped my friends who wanted to research a person that they met online or in person. One of the things I have noticed on the MyLife app is that you can research who has looked that person up and when they did it.

So you can see the list of other women who were researching that guy and when. When a guy told me that they had checked me out first, I figured they were using common sense. It is unfortunate that we have to do that, but also reality.

Since MyLife is what many people are using, it is a good idea to get on there and see if the facts that they are reporting about you are actually correct. I looked at mine recently and the people that they list as my associates were people I never heard of.

It is easier years ago when you met people though friends and that friend knew everything about them.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/19/20 7:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I met a guy at the airport in Miami - we were both at the boarding gate, headed to Jamaica (I was going for work). There was a gentleman boarding who was wearing about 8 hats, one on top of another. This guy and I were the only two that appeared to notice and were both dying laughing. We struck up a conversation, had a few dates when we were both back in Miami. The third dates he said something something something "my wife" "open relationship" "she lives back in Trinidad" and I noped right out of there.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/19/20 7:59 am - Warren, OH

Wow, I am glad he finally mentioned the wife. There are people on dating sites who list themselves as separated. I think anyone with any common sense would pass on them.

Tekish
on 9/19/20 8:16 am
On September 19, 2020 at 12:27 PM Pacific Time, Liz WantsHealthForAll wrote:

Fall is here in Massachusetts! Mike and I are meeting friends to walk our dogs along the Cape Cod Canal today. Sweaters and down vest are needed I think as it will be windy. I'm not sure what the rest of the day will bring but I am happy that I will see Mike in about 90 minutes as I didn't see him yesterday.

QOTD: What's the weirdest way you have met someone? I'd have to say via online dating! But it sure has been great. One advantage I have is that I am really good at researching people on the internet so I never met anyone without confirming that they were who they said they were and seemed to have an acceptable background/location. I did research Mike and he was a little surprised, but I didn't want to waste time and I didn't want to feel unsafe.

TSS: 4 years, 6 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese

L: ? (probably getting takeout with friends - otherwise deli chicken and laughing cow cheese)

D: Possibly pulled pork pie or out to dinner with Mike

S: WW one point muffin

QOTD: Weirdest? Best I can do is one and only:

My best friend had the warmies for a former model who worked with his sister. He arranged an evening with her, his sister, and four other workers from their office. The plan was he would focus on the ex-model, I would handle everyone else. This was not going to end well. As it worked out, only the ex-model and his sister showed up. We walked in, he pointed them out, I mentally pinned the ex-model and the sister. I got it backwards. Through dinner, I kept it a group affair which annoyed his sister. After dinner, it took a fair bit of work to get her to open up. To this day, she recalls a moment when I sat back and smiled for no reason. I had decided I was going to marry her. The next night, we had our first official date, and by the end of the night we were planning our lives together. Beginning of date two, I proposed, she accepted. 35 years later, going strong.

Food:

B: Eating a piece of fried chicken right now. We'll see how far I get.

L: Don't know.

D: Don't know. Depending on lunch, dinner may or may not happen.

Tek

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?