What's on your Sunday menu?

catwoman7
on 11/15/20 6:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi All!

I just got a text from Janet - she's back at the ER after being at one at another hospital yesterday. Abdominal pain and also being evaluated for stroke. I hope this all goes well -- she's had a terrible year healthwise. I'll keep you posted on any updates.... (she just texted - the hospital yesterday said TIA, but images have shown no regular stroke. She said she's having some strong reactions (physical and psychological) to the cspine ablation she had a few days ago. Can't keep anything down, diarrhea, severe abdominal pain, dizzy, slurred speech....crap - lots of things going on with her right now. Keep her in your thoughts!!)

it'll be cold today (30s) and supposedly a chance of rain this morning - ugh. My mom and sister were planning on coming over later this morning for muffins and coffee - I hope they still will. MIL was supposed to come, too, but she canceled out due to crappy weather and congestion. I wish she would come regardless because she never seems to leave her apartment unless we prompt her to, and I think the social interaction would be good for her, but we can't force her.

accountability sucked yesterday - so it's back on track again today. I need to exercise because I think it's easier to keep myself in line on days where I get an hour or so of intense exercise. No biking today - so it'll have to be some kind of dance cardio in my basement again. Boo. It's going to be a long winter...

TSS: 5y5m

B: plain Greek yogurt with apple/cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chicken sausage, small sweet potato

AS: probably yogurt with raspberries (the usual...), maybe a light English muffin with light cream cheese

D: 1/2 a Beyond Burger on a slim bun topped with lettuce, tomato, and light thousand island dressing, Thai-style cucumber salad

have a great day, everyone! And feel free to add a QOTD!

Lisa91941
on 11/15/20 7:38 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Poor Janet! Wishing her all the best thoughts.

I got the fridge all cleaned out and did amazing grocery shopping yesterday. Made it to the butchers for a few fun meats and got plenty of veggies. I stayed true to my list at all the stops (including a Macy's return that did NOT result in other shopping, yay me) and was able to find a great springform pan to try out Chrissy's cheesecake this week. Sheila's cornbread is going to matched to my roasted "splotch****ed" chicken on Wednesday. I am making stuffed bell peppers and a smoked pumpkin soup today to support my menu for the upcoming week. I love having a menu plan and knowing I have all the stuff to pull it off.

We are hoping to take the bikes to the bay for a ride in a couple hours, and then we have a patio date with friends (*****covered from Covid during October, I wish we knew if that made them immune now.) Dinner will probably be greek chicken and salad, as they are bringing food from a local place.

Menu:

B: chompies cinnamon raisin bread with a tbsp on cookie dough hummus

S: hb egg

L: maybe the insides of a sandwich by the bay

D: tbd, but I'll make good choices

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/20 7:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am praying for Janet. She truly has gone through so much this year.

I am sad today as it is DH's birthday, the first since he died. Night eating happened when I couldn't sleep last night.

QOTD: What was your favorite car? I have loved my BMW convertibles, but my first favorite was a silver and navy Toyota Celica back when they had the headlights that hid when they weren't on. Can you tell that I like sporty vehicles?

TSS: 4 years, 7.5 months

B: Coffee!!! eggs and English muffin with peanut butter (already eaten)

L: chicken salad made with non-fat yogurt and cottage cheese

D: leftover salmon piccata

S: cheesecake/strawberry yogurt pie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Lisa91941
on 11/15/20 8:56 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Hugs on this hard day, Liz.

A Ford navy blue crew cab long bed diesel engine truck! I drove that as my commute car for years and years. I loved that thing. I only sold it when we moved because we went from rural to city life and parking it at the market and such became such a challenge.

White Dove
on 11/15/20 8:59 am, edited 11/15/20 1:00 am - Warren, OH

My favorite cars were Saturns. They were such a fun division of General Motors. One summer, we went to Springhill, TN to look at homes, because I was thinking of working for Saturn. They were full of young people who loved to have fun. A corporate meeting might end up being a Macarena lesson.

I had quite a few Saturns. My favorite was a reddish-orange color with back doors that opened from the center. This is not mine, but how the doors worked. It was fun to see people's faces when I opened the back door.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/15/20 8:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Janet texted again - she said they found a gastric fistula, so she'll need to get that fixed.

White Dove
on 11/15/20 8:32 am - Warren, OH

I think that accounts for all of her symptoms. I am glad they found it. They should be able to repair it and have her back to being well again quickly.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/20 9:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank goodness they figured it out!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 11/15/20 9:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much for the update! Still praying for her. She has had the worst year with her health :(

Melody P.
on 11/15/20 9:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you for letting us know about Janet!

I'm feeling like poop today. I'm going to ignore it though. Still got to do stuff.

we've already got lots done today. Christmas lights are up...outside decor is up but not quite finished.

I've got to finish up an order by making 3 more snowflakes. I just love them but the small ones are a little trickier and I saved those for last. I accidentally made an extra large one that turned out well. This was my favorite combo though.

Qotd: all the cars I've drove sucked LOL

b: oatmeal and coffee

l: chili with tofutti sour cream

d: prob a protein shake

s: popcorn, gf bread with plant based butter and maybe another cup of coffee.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics