What's your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/16/20 1:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Everyone!

Ahh, back at it for me after a nice week off. I spent a lot of time getting ready for work this weekend, to the point that I actually worked about a day's worth, already. But I have a lot of meetings today, so it was good to get through email and a few smaller tasks so I am not too overwhelmed. Apparently, my assistant ended up being out for 3 of the 5 days last week, too, so there is lot of outstanding stuff to do today. Wish me luck!

My visit to the surgeon on Friday went well! I am definitely up in weight (4.5 pounds) since my last visit, 16 months ago, but she was kind, given the pandemic and all of the routines that were shaken up. Of course, she warned me that I need to stop gaining, now, and tackle the regain now while it is under 10 pounds. It feels insurmountable sometimes, but I know that getting that off now is way easier than if I needed to lose more, so I need to get more motivated to nip it in the bud. For one more tool to add to my toolbelt, I decided to start seeing the group's therapist. I had only seen them for the pre-op check, so this is all new for me, but I am excited to meet her and see what else I can learn to help me tackle this. My first appointment is tonight over zoom! :)

QOTD: Do you sing or dance when you are alone? I sometimes sing song to the radio in the car, and I alway s feel good when I am belting out a good song without anyone listening, but I don't do it too often... mostly because I am usually listening to podcasts or NPR, lol.

Food and exercise was good all weekend! Having the check in with the surgeon was helpful to keep me on track and remind me about my ultimate goal.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 11/16/20 2:24 am, edited 11/15/20 6:24 pm - Warren, OH

Four and a half pounds is way less than what most people have gained with the pandemic. My doctor told me all of his diabetic patients A1C readings have been high. More sweets and less exercise.

I always hate to have a new higher weight recorded at the doctor's office. I feel like it does not really count until they write it down.

I love to do line dancing. But of course, there are no dances to go to with COVID. So I find a line dance video on Youtube and dance to that. It is good fun and good exercise.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 11/16/20 3:51 am - Amarillo, TX

I know you can do it JB!

good morning all. I'm up with an upset pouch. It seems the new antidepressant that's working great is also upsetting my digestive system. I'm really upset about that. It means I have to try another one....seems to daunting. Deep breath.

no big plans for the day. We've got my nephew today and the girls after school. Our Covid-19 numbers are horrific. I'm really scared.

qotd: I used to dance, though not well, a lot. Now with my back I have to back that down. I sing a lot even in front of my mom and by myself. I love music!

b: oatmeal and coffee

l: gf pita with chicken breast and daiya cheese

d: ???

s: popcorn, coffee, gf bread and half a protein shake.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/16/20 4:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Melody, the pendant is even more beautiful in person than in your photo!! It's lovely!

before you stop your antidepressant can you see if they can treat the digestion issues. It may end up being some kind of trade off, though, unfortunately!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 11/16/20 7:00 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm so glad you like it! It was one of my favorites!

the stomach issue is pretty bad. If I didn't take Tylenol 4s it'd be way worse(I was off of them for a week so and it was indeed way worse). Hoping it'll settle down but it's making me feel pretty awful in the mornings.

Queen JB
on 11/16/20 10:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ah this week got away from me! I need to make my order!

Melody P.
on 11/16/20 12:09 pm - Amarillo, TX

No worries! I'm just glad you had a good staycation!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/16/20 4:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! JB, I hope your re-entry into work isn't too bad.

Here's a Monday thought for everyone - I heard a voice over on a tv show yesterday that said "early in the third decade of the 21st century"....talking about today. Almost as jarring as when I saw a book recently talking about turn of the century and meant 1999/2000. I mean, correct but SERIOUSLY??

My week ahead will be busy with work, workouts and getting ready to go to my sisters on Saturday. We'll decide on Thursday if I am going or not.

qotd - I sing in the car, in the house, randomly on the grocery store, at the Pilates studio. Mostly very quietly. I am not a dancer though.

I ate everything yesterday, including two servings of Trader Joe's olive bites. Definitely needed to stick to one as I got the shakes about 90 minutes later.

menu today is

coffee x 3

kodiak almond poppyseed muffin

carbmaster cottage cheese

3 oz ever roast with 1 oz smoked motz

fig and something chicken sausage

have a great Monday everyone.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/16/20 5:41 am, edited 11/15/20 9:41 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

the years are starting to trip me up as well. I sometimes forget it's been 20 years since "the turn of the century" (which I still think of as 1900, too), so I'm often miscalculating how much time has passed since (some event happened) when I don't really stop and think about it. But I'm not the only one. Someone just said the other day that (some event) happened "about 20 years ago" - and I said no - "40 years - it's 2020, remember?". She was shocked...

Queen JB
on 11/16/20 10:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

2020 is to 1980 as 1980 is to 1940!

In 1980 I always used to ask my mom to tell me about the olden days (1950s).

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?