What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/18/20 1:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Hump Day! How is it only Wednesday, tho? I 100% relate to our friend, Toad, this morning. This has already been a wicked long week. Nothing bad, just long... Thankfully, I was able to get though a huge project over the last few days along with catching up on work from last week, so at least it has been productive!

I've got a marathon day of meetings today. I hope I might be able to take myself off video for at least one, and use my treadmill desk. I was so hunched over my computer while I got through that giant spreadsheet yesterday, so it would be nice to move a little, today!

QOTD: What living celebrity would you most love to have dinner with? No surprises from me--I would give anything to spend time with Dolly Parton! I can't think of another person who is so talented, loving, generous, and interesting! I read an article last night that she quietly helped fund the Moderna Coronavirus Vaccine! God I love her :)

Food and exercise were on point again for me yesterday, even though it was my first big pouch day in ages. I was uncomfortably ravenous all day, but I stuck to the menu, and ended the day with 1000 calories and logged time on both the elliptical and recumbent bike. Planning for the same today.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/18/20 3:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

There are days those are my only accomplishment....and I'm not sure how big of one it is, lol. Although by noon yesterday, I was wondering HOW it was only Tuesday, I feel like I've accomplished a lot this week....sadly, I have to keep working today, tomorrow and Friday, lol.

Well, Colorado is moving 15 counties to Red on Friday....and they added the purple color to the top of the dial, to avoid going into a full lock down. Another 30 counties are in orange. Some of our smaller communities are at 100%+ capacity and overall about 27% hospital staff is not able to work. That's scary -- makes any frustration I have with my situation evaporate. I have to stay home, in a house I like, where I am safe, and I can still do my job. I am incredibly fortunate.

For thanksgiving, I ordered a turkey breast and my friend that's been staying with me since the beginning of the month wants roasted Brussel sprouts -- anyone have a great recipe to share? I don't eat them but I'm happy to make them; I think I'm also going to make a butternut squash+cranberries+sage+feta that is a mish-mash of two recipes I saw online; maybe keto corn pudding if I can find a recipe I like.

Today after work I am going to head to sprouts to see if I can find the chompies bread

qotd - JB, can I crash your dinner with Dolly? Otherwise, I would pick Hugh Jackman, he's so charming and funny.

menu today is

the usual coffee + half and half X 3

Ever Roast Chicken and slice cheese

Siggis vanilla and pear skyr

not sure about dinner, maybe a rice cake with PB?

Have a great day everyone! Wash your hands, don't touch your face, stay home if you can and don't hoard the TP for a respiratory illness.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 11/18/20 4:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes I keep trying to remind myself that I am not "stuck" at home. I am "safe" at home. Things could be a lot worse than being in my comfortable home with all of my needs met. I'm good!

Your Thanksgiving menu sounds great. I don't have any fancy Brussel sprouts recipe--I just do roasted with olive oil & pepper...but I did hear that they are good in the air fryer!

And of course you can come join me for Dinner with Dolly!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/18/20 4:49 am - Amarillo, TX

My favorite way for Brussels sprouts is to use frozen ones(the steam in the bag kind works well). I just spray them with olive oil lightly or use a tiny bit of bacon drippings. Apply liberal amounts of black pepper and a little salt. Then I roast them until charred. Also good is to sprinkle Parmesan on them before serving but I can't have dairy anymore.

Melody P.
on 11/18/20 4:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh and I also love to throw a few carrots into the pan!

Dcgirl
on 11/18/20 5:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I saw the most delicious recipe for a turkey breast the other day on the Kitchen, Katie Lee made it. She took the breast, used a knife to separate the skin from the breast, and shoved a bunch of butter and salt and pepper and sage that she had mixed up between the breast and skin. She wrapped the whole breast in overlapping layers of BACON. Then, in a glass casserole dish, she put thick slices of baguette. She placed the bacon wrapped breast on top of the baguette and baked. All the juices ran down onto the bread and made them kind of into croutons. I made a turkey breast in my instant pot one year with broth and spices and orange and it wasn't very good, but this recipe sounds great!

I just cut the Brussels in half or quarters (depending on their size) and sauté in olive oil, salt, pepper. You can add chopped bacon too. There is a great restaurant in DC (Zaytinya) that sautés them (or maybe fries them!) with small red berries and then adds a lemony greek yogurt drizzle over top. They're delish!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/18/20 6:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, the butter sage is how I usually make it but added bacon, holy cow! I think that's how to go for sure!

i did do the instant pot turkey breast once and was also not the biggest fan.

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 11/18/20 6:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, and since I'm doing the butternut squash with cranberries, I wonder if I just throw the brussel sprouts on the same baking sheet. That might work.

Jen

Greateight
on 11/18/20 6:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Cases are starting to really rise in Golden as well. If he can just make it through the next week, they are virtual after Thanksgiving.

Marilyn was critiquing me for buying Scott's instead of Charmin when I went to Costco Sunday.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/18/20 6:08 am, edited 11/17/20 10:08 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL - I buy Scots, but Mike is a Charmin guy.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics