What's on your Saturday menu?

Librarian67
on 11/21/20 4:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! I'm awake and thought that I'd start things this Saturday.

This meme made me think of some of you canine lovers!! Hope it's good for a giggle.

QOTD: so with American Tgiving less than a week away, what food that you LOVED pre-op will you avoid and what food are you planning to eat anyway?

Unfortunately, I can't eat much of anything, but I'd like to try making a pureed protein pumpkin "pie". Also a friend is making me some SF cranberry applesauce. Both are seasonal flavors that I love. I'll just modify them. Anyone think that I can have pureed cookies? Pureed turkey maybe...

I'm up to eating several small servings of low carb lactose free plain yogurt with applesauce. Also had some scrambled egg whites. I'm really pushing fluids for a variety of reasons.

The home health nurse and PT are expected soon so short walks on our breezeway are expected. Not a 5K or heavy lifting but better than curled up in bed. I'm going to have to refrain from pushing too much. Slow and gentle...

The other news for what it is. On October 1, I weighed 154# and had been almost 160# at some point during the pandemic. Up from 115# last October 1. On November 5, I weighed 149.5# and this morning 138.8#. I wanted to lose some of my regain but not this way!

Just like the first few months after surgery, I know that I need to focus on health and not the number. Hard though, huh?!

Wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy day.

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

MadisonRose
on 11/21/20 6:42 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Today my mom and I are going to a small scentsy gathering at my brother and his girlfriends house.....we will also be meeting his girlfriends mom for the first time. Should be fun. They are providing lunch....pizza. Not the healthiest lunch so I'm trying to eat light all day and will have just a skinny slice. Hopefully it won't mess me up too much as I'm still trying to lose these last few pounds of regain! I swear I could eat healthy for a month and barely lose a pound and yet if I so much as look at a donut I gain 5 pounds! It's so not fair!

Accountability was good yesterday. I was down a couple ounces this morning so I guess I should be thankful for that.

QOTD: I usually don't deny myself anything during the holidays.....I just eat a lot less of it. Like preop i would have a whole helping of something and now I will just have a bite or two. The plan is to fill up on turkey and veggies so I barely have room for anything else. Mom is making a SF sweet potato soufflé so I'm excited to try that. I'll also just have a bite of mashed potato's and a bite of stuffing. Maybe a bite of pie if I have any room left.

B: coffee w/Splenda & SF creamer x 2

B2: protein shake

L: 1 slice pizza (hopefully they have thin crust....if not maybe I'll just eat the toppings)

D: ? Maybe tuna or another protein shake

S: L&F Greek yogurt & an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 11/21/20 7:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

losing weight now is much harder than it was pre-surgery, let alone during the first year post-surgery. I've lost like five pounds since March (well, allowing for the 1-2 lb fluctuation - but on average, five pounds). It's not for lack of trying. The magic goes away, and the closer you are to a normal BMI, the harder it is. At 373 lbs, I could have lost five lbs in a few days. Ha! No more. I used to roll my eyes at these normal weight (or slightly overweight) women who'd complain about how hard it was to lose 5 or 10 lbs. I totally get it now...

catwoman7
on 11/21/20 7:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I have a more complete response on the other thread of the day, but I wanted to answer this QOTD.

I also eat most everything now - just way less of it than I did pre-surgery. I didn't that first year since I still had a lot of food restrictions at that point, but since then I've pretty much focused on the turkey and vegetables, but I'd also allow myself a couple of tablespoons of stuffing and sweet potato casserole. The first couple of years I brought L&F pumpkin yogurt to eat for dessert, but now I'll have a small piece of pumpkin pie...

I typically don't eat mashed potatoes or rolls, though. I'm kind of indifferent to them, so I'd rather not fill up my stomach with something I'm not particularly crazy about. But stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and pumpkin pie - I love all that, so I just work it in.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/23/20 4:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I didn't have time to post yesterday, but wanted to say how happy I was to see you here!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics