What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/30/20 2:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Gang! Are you ready for Monday? I must admit that I am not ready at all. I had a glorious few days off and would love some more time off! Today should be pretty quiet though--they pushed our marathon budget meetings back a few weeks, so it's a weird in-between time without much going on. Eek... hope I didn't just jinx myself... :/

QOTD: If you built an extra tiny house in your backyard, what would you use it for? I can think of about a million things I would love to do. I would love for Grim to have a beautiful wood shop, or an art studio for me. I'd also love an work from home office that is out of the house. Or a real guest house so that family could visit and quarantine. I saw a super cute one for sale online and I was daydreaming :)

I haven't weighed in yet but I was pretty compliant over the long weekend. I was on the higher end of my calories but I didn't go over, and I was decent about exercise.

For someone who had so much time off, I am completely unprepared for the week! I threw out the leftover turkey and other thanksgiving food, and I never went to the grocery store so I don't have a real menu planned yet today. I think I am going to do an Instacart order later today, but until then, here is my best guess:

B: Protein Coffee & Eggs

L: Vegetable Soup

D: ??

Snacks: ??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/30/20 3:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning!! I am not ready for Monday...last night I was thinking I really should have taken Monday and Tuesday off and come back on Wednesday, lol. Oh well, it's going to be a crazy month of December so I'll try to enjoy the last day of November, starting with a 6 am zoom call.

QOTD - overflow library or small gym

I also am not well organized for the week; I have so much left over turkey to deal with today; I think I will freeze some of it. There's a bit of the pumpkin pudding left too but that's all.

menu today looks like

coffee + half and half X 3

Cold Brew Skyr

turkey + cheese

pumpkin pudding

Have a great start to the week!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 11/30/20 4:00 am

hi all

QOTD: a few ideas- probably setup a shop for my online business with all inventory and shipping station so inventory never has to go into the actual house, setup a guest air bnb rental cottage, or a gym.

weekend went pretty well- I did have an angus burger patty on Saturday for dinner and there was just too much fat for me to go to sleep properly so last night was catch up...

food plan:

b: egg whites, 35 cal toast

s: iced coffee with premier

l: salmon salad with green beans added

d: unsure -gym after work/ thinking leftover pork chops

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Erin T.
on 11/30/20 4:41 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning. I woke with a headache this morning, so it's been a slow start. I originally was going to work today and then my surgery is tomorrow but instead I have one work task to complete and I took the day off because I have a bunch of things I need to get done. I need to go get blood drawn, pick up a prescription, sort out an issue with our water bill payment, pack my hospital bag, wrap some gifts, take a shower with dial soap to prep for surgery, and complete the one work task which will probably take me an hour. I'm dreading tomorrow's surgery more than my last one because I'm not having the same kind of pain as I did on my right side, and therefore it doesn't feel like I'm going to benefit as much (but ultimately I will). Also, it seemed like a good idea to have it done in December but there's so many normal holiday things I do that I can't really do while on crutches. Like making a million Oreo truffles and buckeyes!

QOTD: This question makes me laugh, because you haven't seen the size (lack of size) of our back yard! Our entire lot is .12 of an acre and we have a house and a garage on it already. BUT, if I had the space it would 100% be a guest house. We have a 2nd master suite that is used for guests when they stay, but I would love to be able to use that as my own office instead of sharing with Jon. Also, I would love to have the ability to rent a tiny home out on Airbnb. We Airbnb'd a room in our house when we lived in NY and it was a super cool experience - but I don't want anyone in my house now!

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3 (and some Tylenol for this headache)
  • Egg, Bacon, Sweet Potato
  • TBD, we haven't made a plan but maybe chicken burgers - groceries show up at 12pm (supposedly, if they are on time).

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Teenie
on 11/30/20 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Baking during quarantine is so over rated. Who will eat all this cake balls and buckeyes anyway. I want to wish you the best on your surgery tomorrow and let you know you are in my thoughts and prays for a speedy recovery.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Erin T.
on 11/30/20 7:24 am
VSG on 01/17/17

The quantities can certainly be less. But, we give them to neighbors and friends (which will be doorstep drop offs this year) and my brother will still be coming down (hopefully). We are all going to do a strict quarantine before the holiday to be able to see each other.

I think in the beginning making food for people was off-limits but now that we know that's not really how the virus spreads I'm still planning on doing food related things for our friends.

Teenie
on 11/30/20 7:40 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I understand. I will end up baking over 200 cookies I was just trying to make you feel better if you didn't get them done. Your recovery is most important. And I am sure your family will pitch in to help you meet your goals.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Erin T.
on 11/30/20 7:42 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Oh they will! That's the best part of this surgery. No dishes for a solid 4 weeks and they have to cook!

Christina135
on 11/30/20 4:44 am

Good morning y'all! I've missed you guys! We took a one week staycation, had Clint's kids, watched lots of movies and ate lots of food. It was wonderful. Back to the grind today!

QOTD - Funny you should ask that because we have actually considered that. We have the room to put a few. If we did, one would be a stained glass art studio (scaled down) for my MIL. One would be a little tea room/yoga room for me. My husband said he didn't want one, but I think once he saw them being used, he would add one and maybe start painting and drawing again. I dragged out some of his old artwork from college this past week and was blown away by some of his stuff. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my end??

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee, and water

Lunch - ugh no idea, but I've gone hard on sugar past couple of days (BECAUSE TREATS!). Probably a tofu scramble, with some vegan cheese, slice of toast with some avocado butter

Snack - apple with peanut butter, pepitas with some dried fruit

Snack - fruit smoothie

Dinner - gardein fishless filets with some pasta and a veggie.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Be safe, be well.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

KalesD
on 11/30/20 5:15 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I had a busy weekend - we moved condos on Saturday and my body is sore and angry. I did find it super difficult to meet my nutrition and hydration goals - and the scale really shows (not up or down, just unmoved) but I'm really trying to be gentle with myself as I get back into my normal routine. I'm currently waiting for them to come set up my WIFI and then I have to work later today (yay for afternoon shifts!)

QOTD; if I had a tiny home in my backyard - I would create a crochet paradise. Organized yarn bins, a comfy chair to sit in & minifridge so I could eat and drink without having to go back into the house.

B: scrambled egg & 1/2 slice toast

S: fairlife milk/decaf coffee/sf mocha syrup

L: chicken salad

S: Greek yogurt

D: ??

S: ??

I really need to do groceries today - it's slim pickings in the fridge! It's full of beer & left over pizza from the guys who were so kind to help us move!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 536 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 334 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics