I need a Revision - NO JUDGEMENT PLEASE!!!

aarich01
on 12/14/20 7:42 am

Hi I am 13 years out and back over 300LBS, weighing in at 308lbs this morning. I am researching RNY revisions, anyone know of any? thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/20 8:37 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I believe you can go more proximal ( which means another section of the intestine is cut out , making more malabsorption permanently possible ) and/or you can get a stoma- phix or Rose procedure type tightening of your stoma so your pouch doesn't empty as fast . Or if you've stretched your pouch out out they can create a new, smaller staple line.

Converting to a DS is another possibility.

But I would first explore therapy because you are still obviously eating more than you want to - which usually means medicating some deep-held emotional pain or resentment.

Without getting a handle on the addiction to overeating you're not addressing the real issue and even taking the risk and paying the cost of another major operation may not work in the long run.

Wishing you the best ( and there's REALLY no judgment here - we ALL struggle with keeping regain away or losing some )

Hugs

aarich01
on 12/14/20 9:47 am

Hi Veggiewoman!!

Thanks for your response, i called my original surgeon and am meeting with him this Thursday, rumor has it that i dont need a revision probably just mental like you said. does your name mean you are plant based? I'd love to go in that direction, thanks!!

Kathleen W.
on 12/14/20 4:23 pm - Lancaster, PA

I'm glad you want to get your health in order. The only thing I can think of is to talk to a bariatric surgeon. Knowing your surgical history will give them the best way and type of surgery is best for you. We want to support you in whatever you decide.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

SuMari
on 12/17/20 10:52 am

This has been the place where I've received the least amount of judgement and everyone has been so helpful, even with a (what I feel may be a) dumb question. Sorry I can't provide any insight, since I am a newbie (having surgery on Monday) but I wish you the best of luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 205 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?