What's on your Tuesday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/23/21 4:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone. Hope that you're all well!

Yesterday was a most troubling day for me. Just felt unnerved and uneasy. Still feeling a bit that way. I'm not sleeping very well and my pain levels have been very high. I know...broken record. Had myself a good cry last night. Hopefully today I'll have a better attitude...I can hope! LOL

Nothing big planned for the day. I'm just very tired but I'm pretty sure my mom has some stuff planned.

QOTD: What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

I've revealed mine in the past...I love pickle juice in my scrambled eggs...when I could have eggs! Back in the day liked frosting with potato chips. My mom likes potato chips with ice cream.

b: oatmeal and green tea

l: split pea soup and vegan cheese

d: beef stew

s: popcorn, hopefully fruit of some kind

have a good day y'all!

here is the focaccia I made yesterday. So good. All put up in the freezer. It's gluten free.

Christina135
on 2/23/21 5:44 am

Morning Melody, thanks for getting us started!

I'm sorry yesterday was rough. Sometimes I find it easier to lean in on days like that, accept it and let it wash over. Makes the letting go easier when it passes.

That focaccia bread looks amazing! I'm so jelly!

QOTD - I don't know about weird food combos anymore, but I can tell you my "struggle sandwich" from when I was a poor kid. I just recently had this conversation with my 20 year old youngest daughter. When I was a kid (latchkey kid), my favorite sandwich was two slices of white bread (cheap stuff), margarine on both sides, canned green beans, lemon pepper and ketchup. I don't know why, other than it's what we had at the time, I was hungry and it was really good at the time.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - I have nothing planned. I couldn't find any tofu at the store, but I do have soyrizo and kale so maybe a scramble with onions and potatoes again.

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - apple

Dinner - spaghetti with vegan crumbles, salad and some crusty bread with avocado butter

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Emiepie
on 2/23/21 5:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Melody, thanks for starting us off and I hope you feel better. I have another PT appt today, and I haven't experienced much additional pain since adding back the elliptical so I hope all goes well.

QOTD: I'll go with adding cottage cheese to eggs.

TSS: 6 years, 6 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: deli turkey, spinach salad with feta, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: Quest chips, a plum and yogurt

D: Chicken breast, cauliflower, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and PT

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1303 Protein: 122 Carbs:122 Fat: 43

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 2/23/21 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Looks like you are healing and you will be back running in no time. Kudos to you I know your looking forward to it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 2/23/21 9:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Now I need to drop my pity party pounds!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/23/21 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

classes this morning - and so much reading to do (I've managed to get pretty far behind). We also have to watch a movie for a class discussion on Thursday (although again, since I'm an auditor, there are no consequences for me not doing the work, but it's nice to know what people are talking about during class discussions!!). I'm also going to make turkey chili today, and maybe biscotti. I've been bored and stressed the last couple of days, and there's too much snow to get out and do anything (although at least the temps have come up quite a bit!), so....I cook and bake. I'll take half the biscotti over to my friend's house in exchange for some truffles she's giving me for a Zoom party on Friday night that we're both "going" to (some chocolatier will be talking to us about her truffles - so I'll have four of hers to sample - but most of the party involves socializing. I'll just take a small bite of each truffle and hand the rest off to DH). I'll have one or two of my biscotti myself this week, too - DH is good for eating the rest.

QOTD: nothing really weird comes to mind - although I occasionally make chocolate concoctions out of either cottage cheese or avocado (in both cases, by adding unsweetened cocoa powder, fake sugar, and vanilla). You can't taste either the avocado or the cottage cheese, but it adds a lot of healthy fat (avocado) or protein (cottage cheese), and as long as you don't gorge on it, calories aren't awful (last time I made chocolate "pudding" with the avocado, I put in plain Greek yogurt, too, to cut the calories of one serving a bit...)

B: may just have a protein shake. I'm trying to come down on my daily calories, so I'm going to try to shift things around again since I'm almost never hungry in the mornings - but famished in the late afternoon. Oh - and coffee with half & half (already had that...)

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: 2 Costco chicken skewers with Greek yogurt/garlic dip. If I need a second snack, I've got some L&F yogurt, skinny bagels, and raw veggies in the fridge

D: turkey chili or leftover Indian food (over riced cauliflower)

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 2/23/21 6:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Back at work, lots to do today, but nothing to do all week at the personal level. No plans at all until Saturday afternoon when the grand girls are coming for an overnight stay. I do need to organize a grocery list and menu. I'll work on that at lunch today.

QOTD: I'm not sure I do weird. I'm a pretty basic girl, food wise. But my favorite meal of all time is tacos and chardonnay!

Menu

B: hb egg, cottage cheese, EBTB seasoning

L: 2.5 oz turkey breast, 1 oz cheddar cheese, 1/2 serving cheddar whisps

D: TBD Groceries won't arrive until tomorrow, so we are going to walk into the village tonight and grab a bite. Thankfully it's going to be a beautiful day here in San Diego, so eating outside won't be too cold if I wear a light jacket.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

supershopper
on 2/23/21 6:49 am

hi all- I feel like its been forever since I posted. I'm feeling fine, still on meds for whatever, biopsy they took Friday has not come back.

QOTD: we used to have a hot dog sliced open with mashed potatoes on top and cheese. it was a staple growing up. funny thing is that my cousin and her family also did it so it must have been something my mom and aunt learned. I could totally see putting something pickled in scrambled eggs. I bought chow chow and would cook the eggs then throw it on at the end. never did that before surgery.

foodplan today:

b: protein balls

b2: egg bites with 1 slice carbmaster bread

l: tuna

d: turkey and veggies

s: unsure

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 2/23/21 7:17 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hillary great to see you hope your feeling better.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 2/23/21 8:08 am

My mom used to fry bologna (into bowls) and then put a scoop of mashed potatoes, and a slice of cheese. Called them bologna boats. Sometimes if she did the hot dogs, she called them weenie canoes! How funny!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 528 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 333 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 325 views