What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/25/21 3:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Hope that the day is starting well for you.

I'm up way to early. Pain is pretty high and my bed just isn't comfortable right now so I'm up!

No big plans for the day. I see my bariatric surgeon today and I'm half not looking forward to it and half of me is. I need to talk to him about some things...mostly about my binge eating disorder, it's been flaring rather badly. My weight is not doing good. I feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above water. I see my psychologist next Tuesday and I'm glad. I've been sitting in this hole long enough I think.

QOTD: As a child, what did you think would be awesome about being an adult, but isn't as awesome as you thought it would be?

I'm going to go with the whole deal! Being an adult is so overrated lol

b: oatmeal, 1tbs PB and 1 tbs Lily's dark chocolate

l: boneless skinless chicken thigh, raspberries

d: might actually do fish tonight! Likely dredged in GF bread crumbs and some veggie

s: popcorn, gf toast, strawberries or a banana

Have a wonderful day everyone!

supershopper
on 2/25/21 4:32 am

Hi all

works is better and I'm not working massive hours since monday. knock on wood

I was feeling really down on myself about weight loss u til I looked and I'm down 4 pounds in February and that despite being ill. A friend put it in perspective for me I was just focusing on a number I saw earlier in the month that was lower due to being on liquids. So if I can do minimally 4 pounds a month that is great for me.

qotd; driving... working the first 6 months got into an accident and then was scarred for driving for a bit- not As an adult I'm like do I REALLY need to go xyz. Such a hassle and covid makes it worse. Became more of a hermit.

food:

b: overnight oats

b2: eggs 1/2 Joseph pita

l: teriyaki chicken stir fry

s:?

d:turkey / green beans

s:?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Greateight
on 2/25/21 5:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

I decided that since I m on my own for about 12 days, I really have no excuse for eating anything but super compliant. Yesterday was a good day and I'm trying to string a few together in a row.

I think that I will make a Costco trip Saturday morning, but in the interim I am trying to subsist on what we have in the house.

I am a little sore today. Yesterday I did three one minute handstand holds against the wall and they seemed to wear me out.

QOTD: staying up late. When I was a child, I used to think adults stayed up all night reading the newspaper. Not so much.

breakfast: omelette

lunch: hamburger

dinner: fish

Have a great day all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 2/25/21 9:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Handstands are hard! It's full body for sure. Good job

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 2/25/21 11:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Time passes slowly up there, that's for sure.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 2/25/21 5:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm feeling like bloat city again this morning, and my weight is still up a couple of pounds (this started yesterday - I was two lbs heavier yesterday morning than I was on Tuesday morning, so of course most of that is probably water). Not sure what the dealio is because calories were great yesterday and I also did some cardio. I guess it sometimes just takes a couple of days. Hopefully this crap will be gone tomorrow...

busy day today - classes this morning and a Zoom program this afternoon. I have to finish watching a movie before classes this morning - I have about an hour left of it. It's a good movie, but long. This is for my Eastern European history class. We're currently talking about Poland during the Holocaust. I thought I knew a lot about the Holocaust, but the angle we're discussing is new to me. We had to read an article about the Jedwabne massacre, the truth of which only came out about 20 or so years ago (the movie I'm watching isn't related to that massacre, and I'm not even sure if the movie is based on a true story, but it's also about Poland during the Holocaust)

QOTD: I honestly can't remember what I thought being an adult would be like when I was a child. I probably fantasized about not having to go to school, yet here I am, decades later... (although it's no longer compulsory and I'm studying things I'm actually interested in, so that makes a difference....). I do like being an adult much better than I did being a child, though - even given the downside (e.g., the responsibility - and having to stand on my own two feet without always having someone standing behind me).

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS: Greek yogurt

L: ham

AS: 1/2 protein pumpkin muffin and Greek yogurt

D: Indian curry (chicken and veggies - over riced cauliflower)

have a great day, everyone!!!

KalesD
on 2/25/21 5:27 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I have a dentist appt today - not looking forward to it. I'd rather have a colonoscopy then a dental cleaning.

Bloodwork all came back, and everything is in the normal range almost. My A1C is 6, which is considered prediabetic.. and my PCP called me last night about it - for me I say celebrate the wins.. it's never been this low since I was diagnosed with diabetes.. so a 6 is good in my eyes. My iron was at 11 which is the low end of the 'normal' range - I follow up with my bariatric team the end of March.. and I feel like they're going to want me to start an iron supplement. I do wish there was an explanation for my fatigue and the fogginess.. I shall wait and discuss it with my team then.

QOTD: being an adult isn't what it's cracked up to be. I'll be 30 in just over a month and I'd like a life rewind please!

B: fairlife latte & 1/2 Greek yogurt bagel

S: Skyr & PB & blueberries

L: chicken & veggies & 1/2 serving cheese

S: 1/2 protein shake

D: chicken & 1/2 tortilla

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Teenie
on 2/25/21 7:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I'm no doctor however if you Iron is on the low side I would add an iron supplement right away. This is one if it gets too low it is a struggle to get back.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/25/21 9:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

If you add an iron supplement (and I've had iron issues before and after surgery), I've had good success with Proferrin, which was recommended by several here. No tummy troubles and it keeps my numbers up.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 2/25/21 5:59 am

Good morning!

QOTD - Being in charge of everything!

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and lots of water

Lunch - leftover vegan picadillo tacos

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - apple with peanut butter, mandarins and some pepitas

dinner - not sure, we have kids tho so we will come up with something

have a great day everyone!