What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/27/21 3:54 am - Amarillo, TX

good way to early morning to everyone! We made it to the weekend!

Sleep has been difficult to get so here I am at 5 being up...on a Saturday...booooo hiss! LOL

nothing much planned today. I hope it stays that way. I'm exhausted! I might clean up a little bit...vacuum and such. Pain will determine how much I can do.

so...I'm trying to figure out how to make a mermaid themed cheesecake. In particular a blueberry cheesecake. It's for my niece Rachel's birthday. Good grief where has the past 10 years gone!? It has to be blue tailed mermaid. We found some little mermaids and candles to use but I'm pretty stumped. I know what I want to do sort of but my mom wants it a certain way too. The bad thing is her birthday is April 2nd and my surgery is March 30th. So I have to make the cheesecake before surgery. Does anyone have a tried and true blueberry cheesecake recipe?

QOTD: Who had the biggest impact on the person you have become?

my mom and grandpa. I have no illusions that they were/are perfect. They are my hero's. Both had to overcome so much. In a different way my other family has molded me too...not necessarily good but it's shaped my being more than they know. I was the odd man out in my extended family. No one really did anything to help my mom when she really struggled. An aunt babysit my cousins because she was afraid they'd be molested...well she told my mom you made your situation and refused to help her out. Mind you my uncle was an a hole to them. Anywho...what she feared so much for them happened to me. She chose poorly cause those girls are not much above trash and treat her poorly. Life can be what you make it and she is not a happy person. Sorry for the book! LOL

b: JUST egg, chicken sausage, toast and coffee

l: split pea soup and gluten free bread

d: I've got no clue as of right

s: popcorn, strawberries and ???

Melody P.
on 2/27/21 4:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Wanted to add my first loaf of gluten free no knead bread....hoping it is as good as it smells. My mom liked the first one I made for her out of regular APF

catwoman7
on 2/27/21 5:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's another beautiful day in Wisco-land - very sunny and it's supposed to get up to a blistering 46 F today! (and after what we had a few days back, 46 degrees definitely seems blistering!). I hope it'll get rid of most of this snow. It's been slowly melting, but I'm really wanting it ALL GONE!! NOW! I want to get out and ride my bike again!

we're going to Einsteins (carry out) around 11:00. DH has several things for three free bagels (for taking surveys or something), and I have a free bagel with cream cheese for some reason (and I rarely go there - so it was probably some promotion to get people back in). We don't have to buy anything to get the freebies, but of course we will (as is their intention, I'm sure...), because I don't want to feel like a cheapskate. So I'll probably get one of their "thintastic" bagel sandwiches and give my free bagel with cream cheese to DH, who will be happy as a clam with it (I actually love bagels with cream cheese, but I only buy the skinny ones. Same experience with half the calories..). Those thintastic breakfast sandwiches aren't horrible calorie-wise (that is, if you're in maintenance), and it should fill me up for hours.

nothing else on the agenda today, but I'm kind of itching to get out sometime this weekend. Maybe we can take a drive or something..

QOTD: probably my father - in both good and bad ways. He was really into education (he was a professor and a voracious reader to boot), and I "inherited" some of that, but not to the same extreme. He could also be overly critical - and I'm afraid I am, too. But as with him, only with immediate family. He was wonderful to "outsiders", but he could be very critical of my mother, me, and my siblings. I don't think I am to the same extent (well, I know I'm not), but I feel like I'm too hard on DH sometimes. I've especially noticed it the past year with this pandemic and both of us trapped in this house (he's worked remotely most of the year). Too much "togetherness" has made it worse. I just try to stay out of his way - or head out to the grocery store - when I feel a "mood" coming on..

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS: "thintastic" bagel sandwich (probably the eggwhite, bacon, tomato, and avocado one)

L: turkey chili

AS: probably some yogurt concoction (like a yogurt "sundae") - or 1/2 C of avocado/yogurt/protein/chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

D: Costco chicken skewer with Greek yogurt dip, small sweet potato with 1/2 T butter and fake brown sugar

ex: something. I'm on a roll. My knee is still bothering me, so maybe a walking in place video or a walk outside on clear sidewalks. Oh - and upper body weights - I'm overdue

have a great day, folks!

Lisa91941
on 2/27/21 7:47 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I'm up, showered and having coffee. Just got a text that the grand girls are raring to go for our big adventures today, so they are coming over earlier than planned, and we've got to be on our toes. We have a big day today! Going to take all the bikes out to San Diego Bay, have lunch at Liberty Station and walk to the USS NeverSail. (Part of the legacy of the old training center. It's a metal mock up of ship). Then the afternoon will be setting up a "village" for their Our Generation dolls upstairs, where I have promised they can take over the whole room to play with the new stuff the youngest got for her birthday last week. Then a walk for pizza for dinner, and we are roasting marshmallows and making S'mores and finally ending the evening with watching Tom and Jerry. I don't know about them, but I'll be exhausted. They have to leave tomorrow at 9 for the oldest one's gymnastics meet.

QoTD: While I adore and am super close to my Dad. The answer here has to be my very best friend who hired me as a 19 year old brand new mom. Everything I know about finances, generosity, compassion and managing I mostly learned from her. She has had an impact on every person in my family, and she's a special "God Mother" to my kids. She even has college savings accounts going for both grandkids. She's a good sort of egg who came from small beginnings and believes in paying it forward. I've been very blessed.

Menu is really on the fence today. The lunch place we are going to is known for it's 50/50 burger. Half ground beef, half ground bacon. I'm going to stay away from that. (and the ketchup has bacon in it too!!!) I'm just going to do my best, and hope the exercise will counter any bad choices.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?