What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/4/21 2:51 am, edited 3/4/21 3:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Anyone with a cat knows this all to well!

Good morning everyone!

I?m working on very little sleep and lots of pain. Same story different day lol. I've decided to try having at least a protein shake every day. I'm lacking on it and SILK has an unsweetened protein milk. It's not to bad, meaning it?s fairly tasteless and the texture isn't horrible. Might even do two today.

Hoping to get my hair cut today but we'll see. My SIL's mom is in the hospital. They think she might of had a stroke. We?ll be picking up the kids from school. Hoping she is doing better today

QOTD:If you opened a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?

someone asked me this yesterday. I love Thai food and would like a vegan(safest for my sensitivities) rich menu. I also would like a vegan one of those!

b: JUST egg, chicken sausage, toast and coffee

l: protein milk with frozen strawberries

d: thinking of making a vegan quiche.

s: popcorn, kiwi and ???

MadisonRose
on 3/4/21 4:05 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! I'm running off of very little sleep so today can't be over soon enough! More meetings today so the day will either go by super slow or fairly quickly. At least tomorrow is Friday!

Accountability was decent yesterday. Feeling extra bloated and weight is still up, but hoping it drops soon once that time of month is over!

QOTD: Maybe Italian....I love pasta, but it would be healthy pasta. Zoodles all the way! Now I'm hungry for pasta....haven't had it in awhile.

B: coffee & protein shake

L: 2 oz turkey breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: 4 oz baked salmon & broccoli & cauliflower

S: protein shake

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Teenie
on 3/4/21 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Try Banza it is a chickpea based pasta and it help with the pasta craving. I been putting it in my Tuna noodle casserole and the family doesn't know none the better. They also make all different shapes so you can incorporate in most recipes.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

KalesD
on 3/4/21 4:25 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Happy Thursday!

I'm so tired. All the time. I'm really only good for 6 out of my 8 hour shifts.. I'm certain I may have nodded off on my drive home last night. Scary. I'm going to call today to see if they can bump up my 6 month follow up apt at the bariatric clinic.. this level of fatigue is unsustainable.

QOTD: I would never own a restaurant. It takes a special person and that's def not me!

b: fairlife latte

S: 1/2 protein bar

L: 2oz chicken breast, 15g cheese, 1/2 6inch tortilla

S: 120g skyr, 15g PB, 40g blueberries

D: 2oz chicken breast, 50g potatoes, 1/4c green beans

S: 1/2 protein bar

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 3/4/21 5:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

as usual, I'll be busy today - I have classes Tuesday and Thursday mornings and usually something in the afternoon (today it's a Zoom meeting about COVID vaccines), so I'm booked until around 1:30 or 2:00. Then I need to make a grocery store run. I guess that's it...other than all the odds & ends I constantly have to do, but I may not get to many of them today.

I joined Unjury's March for Me program, and I also signed up for health coaching from this partnership my insurance has with WebMD (if I do that plus a couple of other things, I get a $150 rebate on my insurance Plus I want to lose 10 lbs this year, so this might help since I've been floundering around trying to do it on my own). I'm hoping with all that, I'll stick to my goals this month. The WebMD health coach emailed me yesterday and wants me to bump up my exercise. So...I will. I've been doing 150-200 minutes a week (usually closer to 150), which she said is OK, but I could come up more. I'm also working on gradually lowering my calories. To lose weight, I need to be pretty consistently around 1500. Ugh. But I should be able to do it as long as I ease into it.

QOTD: I love cozy cafes with interesting takes on sandwiches, soups, and salads - and I also love Indian food (I loved it even before going to India - but during the month I was actually there, I could have eaten my way through the whole country. I loved EVERYTHING I had there). So either one of those.

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

MS: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

L: turkey chili

AS: probably L&F yogurt and a light English muffin with cream cheese

D: Costco chicken skewer with garlic yogurt dip, small sweet potato with 1/2 T butter and fake brown sugar

ex: I did weights last night, so some kind of cardio. I may even go for a long walk later this afternoon - it's supposed to be really nice out today.

have a great day, everyone!

Teenie
on 3/4/21 6:56 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Zoom fatigue is real. I was reading about it. You should look into it. It tells you tips and tricks to stop the stigma.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 3/4/21 6:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I definitely have it!! And I'm pretty sure that's why we've seen more "no-shows" in the Zoom meetings that I host for the two educational/cultural/social organizations I'm involved with. We've typically gotten about 10% no-show rate since the get-go, but I've noticed an increase in "no-shows" this last month or two. I think people are just "Zoomed out" by now...

Emiepie
on 3/4/21 5:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve (it feels like it should be a Friday though!). I hope you get to feeling better soon. My MIL got her first vaccine yesterday and I'm hopeful that she doesn't have any bad reactions.

QOTD: I'd do a BBQ place for hubby to cook with a little bakery in front.

TSS: 6 years, 6 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: deli turkey, spinach salad with feta, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: SF latte, Protein puffs, a peach and yogurt

D: Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, Chompie's toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: PT

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1399 Protein: 126 Carbs:131 Fat: 47

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 3/4/21 6:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Have you and the family had a chance to think about Greenland?

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 3/4/21 2:14 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

We did briefly, I just don't think we can swing it financially.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 247 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?