What's on your Tuesday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/23/21 3:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Hope the day is treating you well so far.

I've got my left eye injection today and then we've got to do some grocery shopping. I'm going to make some stuff to freeze during my surgery recovery.

Chrissy, praying that your DH's surgery goes well today!

QOTD: if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

For me at this moment Jasper, AB, Canada. I loved it there so so much!

B: oatmeal, PB2, cacao powder and coffee

L: split pea soup and vegan cheese

D: JUST egg, toast, chicken sausage

S: popcorn, mixed fruit and ???

Percy for your viewing pleasure!

MadisonRose
on 3/23/21 4:14 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone. Half asleep still. Quick post before my morning meeting. Accountability was better yesterday.

QOTD: If in the US, maybe the pacific north west. If abroad....perhaps Ireland.

B: coffee & protein shake

L: oatmeal or protein shake

D: maybe chicken of some sort and cauliflower rice

S: skinny cow no sugar added ice cream sandwich or a L&F Greek yogurt & strawberries

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 3/23/21 5:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

yesterday's Mah Jongg game was rescheduled to this morning at 8:00. At least I'm up and have been for awhile. I seem to need at least an hour to ease into my day. So anyway, I have that plus classes this morning - nothing else going on. It's supposed to rain off and on all day, so I guess I'm pretty much stuck in the house. Boo. Tomorrow I have my first COVID vaccine in a town about an hour away. I've been trying to nab an appt in my county for days, but every time some clinic opens up some slots, they're all snapped up in like two minutes. I swear people must be on their computers refreshing sites all day long until they get something. It's like some big rock concert is coming to town and tickets are sold out within two minutes of becoming available. Oh well, at least I have an appt scheduled. And maybe the drive will be nice. Gets me out of the house for the morning, anyway.

I'm feeling bloated again this morning. I hate this. It's so weird to go to bed hungry and wake up feeling like a bloated mess, thinking I never want to eat again. I need to remember this in the evening when I'm tempted to eat something. Oddly, I only had two SF popsicles last night, and my overall calories for the day weren't horrible. So....???

oh - that woman I met for the first time yesterday. She was pretty nice. Not sure if we immediately clicked, but still, it was enough that I'm sure we'll get together again. Oddly, she never mentioned she was a physician or that she went to Yale (I knew these things because I'd checked her out on the internet before I contacted her - I just wanted to make sure she was "safe"). I guess she was afraid of sounding like an elitist or something? Although in this town it's not unusual to be an Ivy League grad, and I have other friends who are/were doctors. But she's new in town (well, she grew up here but moved away when she went to college and then lived in California for decades), so she probably isn't aware of the demographics around here. I'm meeting some other new person tomorrow for coffee (provided it doesn't rain). Hopefully that'll go well, too. And this weekend, that woman who's a Presbyterian minister in Atlanta will be moving here. She'll be the main minister at one of the big downtown churches. We have a mutual friend, and we've been "talking" on the internet off & on for a couple of months. So I'm looking forward to meeting her, too.

B: I may just have a protein shake since I'm feeling fat this morning. Plus coffee with half & half (already had that)

MS: plain Greek yogurt with cranberry/cherry compote

L: 1 serving of a "sweet kale" salad kit plus 1 Costco chicken skewer

AS: protein muffin OR L&F yogurt with a light English muffin w/ cream cheese

D: 1 Costco chicken skewer, tomato, 1/4 C chickpeas, cucumber with lemon/tahini dressing

ex: some kind of (youtube) cardio

have a great day, everyone!

catwoman7
on 3/23/21 5:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. I scheduled a lower facelift for June 25. Can't believe I'm doing this!!

White Dove
on 3/23/21 5:44 am - Warren, OH

That is so exciting. Can't wait to see how it looks on you. My friend did that about 12 years ago and it still looks amazing.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 3/23/21 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they may have done a deep plane lift (they do those most often now - they pull up the underlying muscle in addition to the skin). It supposedly lasts a lot longer than the older, skin-only facelifts

White Dove
on 3/23/21 6:14 am - Warren, OH

I will have to ask her about that. Good luck with yours.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 3/23/21 9:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Awesome!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/23/21 1:29 pm

Congratulations. You deserve it. I had mine done a few years ago, and recovery was a ***** but I am glad I had it done.
I look less tired.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 3/23/21 1:31 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Yikes. I told myself after my second body contouring surgery that I was NEVER going to do this again, but here I go... I was hoping the face wouldn't be too bad, but I'm afraid it will be. I know in the end I'll be glad I did it, though. My other two surgeries were worth it, even though I didn't think so those first few weeks after!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404