What's on your Friday menu?

Maddymoe2
on 4/2/21 6:32 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I hope all goes well for Em. Have you tried the fairlife protein shakes?? They have them at Costco this month on ad. They are so good.

Emiepie
on 4/2/21 3:02 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks! I hope she doesn't have any big issues. Oohh, I should try the shakes I forgot about them.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 4/2/21 8:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Wishing Em a speedy recovery!

Emiepie
on 4/2/21 3:02 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 4/2/21 6:00 am, edited 4/1/21 11:02 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have Mah Jongg this morning and then I'm meeting a new friend whom I "met" on Bumble for lunch afterward. I don't know how much we'll have in common, but she seems friendly (I feel like a loser resorting to meeting friends on Bumble, but hey, whatever works. With this pandemic, there are not many other opportunities to meet new people. Plus I've had a couple of long-time friends move away from the area this past year, so I'm in replacement mode). Nothing really on tap for later this afternoon, but I'll see if I can get some preliminary things out of the way for Easter dinner so I'm not feeling overwhelmed tomorrow and Sunday. It'll be a wonderful weekend weatherwise, so I definitely don't want to be stuck in the house all weekend cooking!

I checked the course schedule for the university for summer and fall. Summer lineup is great - all courses, it looks like, are online, and many of them asynchronous, which means I can watch the recordings online at any time. Perfect. That way I'm not tied to my computer at all during the day, and I can even take classes while I'm recuperating from surgery (June 25). Fall lineup doesn't look that promising. Unless things change, almost everything is back to in-person, and on top of that, not much is jumping out at me. Boo. But I'll find something...

QOTD: I guess I'm not tied to particular brands of anything, and I often buy house brands unless some brand name is truly superior. However, when I'm in the market for plain Greek yogurt, I'll always go for either Fage or Chobani (mainly because I make my own yogurt, using a commercial yogurt as a starter - and I've always had great success with these two brands as starters)

accountability was great again yesterday; weight isn't budging. Maybe tomorrow. The frustrations of trying to lose weight when you're pretty much "normal" weight. I remember sitting at Weigh****chers meetings years ago rolling my eyes at these normal weight or slightly overweight women screaming and complaining about how hard it was to lose 10 lbs. Now I get it...

B: plain Greek yogurt with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: we're meeting at a Mexican restaurant, so I'll order from the a la carte menu, as usual. Probably a taco or enchilada

AS: L&F yogurt with 1/2 a protein muffin or a light English muffin with cream cheese

D: 1 serving of a Thai salad kit with one Costco chicken skewer

ex: either weights or 45-60 minutes of a cardio video. Or both.

have a great Friday, everyone!

Christina135
on 4/2/21 6:19 am

Morning everyone. Happy Friday!

QOTD - I don't have brand loyalty, lol. I like certain things, but I can't think of anything that I will absolutely stick with. I just try to buy local anytime I can.

Breakfast - fasting. I need lots of black coffee today. I'm exhausted.

Lunch - no idea, I have to go get my vaccine today (YAY!!!) so I will be out. I may pick something up while out. Something veggie, something relatively healthy.

Snack - I brought mandarins, and an apple. Plus I have a coconut milk yogurt in the fridge here at work, with some chia seeds.

Dinner - I got nothing planned! I don't feel like cooking lately. Last night I had a Buddha bowl again, I may rehash that. They are so good, and easy! And fast.

I hope you all have a great day, and a hella good weekend!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 4/2/21 8:53 am - Amarillo, TX

I don't have a lot of brand loyalty...the bread I mentioned is about the only one I've found that I like. I don't love it. I miss gluten so much! LOL

Buying local is such a great thing to do!

Lisa91941
on 4/2/21 6:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning.

So, this is what 59 looks like, huh? I'm not sure that I don't look a bit more haggard these days, but I can tell you for sure 59 feels better than 57 did when I was at my highest!

Expecting a slow day at work. They are having a birthday lunch for me today. We try to do this for everyone in the company. Birthday person gets to pick the place. I picked a chicken place down the street. A little treat as it's buttermilk fried chicken strips done up fabulous, but not straying too far from plan. Then home to pack, have dinner with my daughter's family and get ready to leave in the morning for Dallas and Austin for a week. Vacation, I am ready for you. I'm in a better place mentally than I have been all week. Slowly climbing out of my funk. My calories have been real low this week and my weight is down some today.

QoTD: Reynolds Wrap Foil. I hate cheap store brand foil, and told myself when I could afford it, I would never buy anything but Reynolds Wrap again. I have other brands of stuff that I prefer, but the foil thing stands out.

Menu:

B: hb egg, 1/4 c cottage cheese, EBTB seasoning

L: 1 chicken strip, tbsp dip, cole slaw

D: fancy street taco and ranch beans

S: My daughter is a pastry chef, and is making me a treat. I think it will have lots of meringue. I love meringue. But whatever it is, it will be fabulous.

This is my baby granddaughter Erika from out at the bay with us last weekend. That's Coronado Island in the background and also the location we were riding our bikes to the last few weekends.

Peace, Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Maddymoe2
on 4/2/21 7:01 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Happy Birthday! Your granddaughter is adorable!

White Dove
on 4/2/21 7:30 am - Warren, OH

Happy Birthday! Such a beautiful little girl and great picture. I was 59 when I had my surgery. I have felt better every year after that. Not having to deal with the weight has given me so much better health. I really regret the 10 years I wasted thinking I could do it on my own.

Enjoy your vacation.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 416 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?