What's on your Sunday menu?

catwoman7
on 4/4/21 5:02 am, edited 4/4/21 5:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!! And happy Easter to those who celebrate!!

I had a fabulous time with the new person I met yesterday - the friend of a friend who's the new head minister at our big Presbyterian church downtown. LOVED her! We had so many common interests - plus we both first grew up in Ohio (10 miles apart at one point!), and then our families both moved to North Carolina. And her sister now lives in the same tiny town where I worked for a couple of years down there. We could have talked and laughed all afternoon - and we can't wait to get together again. What a find!

so today I'm continuing to make Middle Eastern/Mediterranean dishes for dinner. My sister told me last night that my BIL might now be able to join us because it turns out he'll be able to leave work early enough, but then an hour or two later she told me he won't be joining us after all. I'm sure he made this decision after I told her what would be on the menu. He's one of those people who won't stray very far (at all..) from meat and potatoes, so I'm sure he found the proposed menu alarming. Oh well - more for the rest of us!

QOTD: I need to motivate myself to exercise this morning, so this seems appropriate: What are your favorite ways to exercise these days? Currently, mine is biking, now that it's warming up again, and this guy's walking videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3lEhUBNqIrFMatB9Zgxo0g

B: plain Greek yogurt with apple/cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Costco chicken skewer in 1/2 pita with tzatziki, hummus, and cucumber slices

AS: 1/2 a protein muffin (?)

D: spanakopita, chickpea salad, Moroccan carrots, maybe another Costco chicken skewer (they're "Mediterranean spiced", after all), baklava or lemon custard phyllo pie. I'll also make hummus and have pita there, but not sure I'll eat those since I'm having the at lunch time

have a great day, everyone!!

Lisa91941
on 4/4/21 8:07 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Just "hopping" by to keep my head in the game! Today we are going to a museum and maybe the aquarium. Yesterday I probably made some bad choices, including one cookie and one peppermint patty. But at least I walked a lot.

QoTD: my e bike and yoga. I love walking too, but that e bike makes me feel like a kid again.

Menu:

Gourmet breakfast cones with the B and B we are at. I had bites of jalapeño cheddar egg soufflé, bacon, homemade biscuits, fruit and parm stuffed tomato. So good.
L: hopefully nothing!

D: possibly going to a local steakhouse for dinner. Hope they have fish or scallops.

Happy Easter!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 4/4/21 9:06 am - Warren, OH

Easter for us is ham, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce, stuffing, corn, green beans, salad, dinner rolls, and cherry pie with ice cream. There are lots of cookies and candy here. I won't touch most of it.

I bought a NordicTrack recumbent bike and subscription to iFit earlier this year. My exercise is taking different bike trips with the iFit trainers in exotic locations. Yesterday it was at James Bond Beach in Jamaica. It is the beach were Ian Fleming dreamed up and wrote James Bond and where the first James Bond movie was shot.

It is a fun way to exercise and to get ideas for places to go when I feel comfortable with traveling again.

Happy Easter/Passover.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/4/21 9:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm the same with the "Treadmill Traveler" video series on youtube - those are for indoor jogging or running (although I don't run - I alternate between slow jogging and marching in place). I've jogged/walked through Paris, London, Amsterdam, Istanbul, Athens, Jaipur - I forget where else. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius!

sue9999
on 4/4/21 3:08 pm
RNY on 02/08/21

Happy Easter! Only 2 days from "Covid" immunity, but for today still staying home.

Breakfast was protein shake

Lunch was ham and asparagus and I made some sugar free Jello.

Supper is breakfast tonight of sausage and pear.

Am up to 6 TBL per meal, yea!

Favorite exercise is walking\hiking. Yesterday went to a State Park and hiked 90 minutes, my best since surgery 8 weeks ago.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views