What's on your Thursday menu?

Teenie
on 4/15/21 7:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Melody and Menuers,

Ok Thursday I can handle this. Glad to hear those staples are coming out Mel, DH loved the feeling of them being pulled he said it was like someone scratching the itch. However I do not see much of an improvement in the pain management yet. I don't know if he is not adjusting it enough or what but no significant changes in his pain. He still has a few more weeks of heeling time so I hope that just healing is the answer.

We are going to the lawyer tonight to update our will. It is over 16 years old so probably a good thing to do. I had called the lawyer about inheritance taxes and just decided we should update especially since my friend passed of Covid and had no will written. Fortunately there was not much in her estate.

QOTD: A good run in the morning and I love the shower after I run. I love clean shaven legs(obsessed with shaving). I love fresh sheets on the bed. A great cup of coffee. I love a smooth ride to work with no traffic. I love quitting time 5:00pm is like heaven. I love Sunday church service. I can really go on and on here.

Accountability: Moroccan almonds, 1/2 baked oat muffin

TSS: 3 years 4 Months 3 days: 132 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Coconut creamer

MS: Premier caramel protein and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM coconut creamer

L: Philadelphia cheese steak no bun and snack selects

D: Chicken thigh stuffed with cheese and asparagus wrapped in bacon and butternut squash ravioli

Exercise: 3.5 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I started a sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 4/15/21 8:26 am - Warren, OH

So glad those staples are finally gone. They did seem to stay a long time. I am at the point where waking up in the morning is a great thing to know I have another day.

I decided to try the fasting and am starting with 12 hours of day of fasting and 12 of eating. So I had a small meal at 11:00 PM last night and breakfast today at 11:00 AM. Now I can eat again until 11:00 PM. I am still doing Weigh****chers and attend a meeting almost every day. I am using my Nordictrack and weighing everyday. Today I got the tape measure out and determined I really need to lose six inches around my waist to have my body back to where I want it. Along with about 20 pounds. My goal is for June 1, but it may take longer. It will never happen if I don't force myself to do it.

I like apps and downloaded one called Simple to help with the fasting. It should be an interesting experience.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 4/15/21 11:47 am

Super excited!!! That's fantastic!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 4/15/21 1:02 pm - Amarillo, TX

So i'm home...the staples hurt coming out she said I had healed a little to well and she had to dig a few out! lol.

I also weighed this morning....250. Yikes. I've let the pain, emotions and health issues really wreak havoc on my body. It was a wake up call for some reason this morning. I knew I weighed about this but today it hit me at my core. I'm embarrassed and ashamed. So I've been researching intermittent fasting since reading what Christina posted and always being interested in it. Giving it a go. Starting with a 10 hour window and will move to 8.

I'm a little worried about how my meds will do with this. But I need to try. I've sat drenched with this self hatred long enough.

Also the stimulator is turned on. The rep said it could take a few days to really start helping. At this moment it's a tad bit better but not very much. I'm still optimistic this will help. Just need to give it time.

Christina135
on 4/15/21 2:00 pm

It's always different when we see a number, isn't it? I am proud of you Melody! Remember, we are more than the sum of our parts or just a number on the scale. One step at a time. You're taking so many steps to feel better, and in the end, that's what it is about. Not a number on a scale, it's about how you feel. So you take it one day at a time, one good decision at a time. I am rooting for you, you have NO idea!! Seriously excited for you! This doesn't have to be a sad thing, or a come to Jesus, now I gotta do XYZ thing! You get to! You are making a decision to do this. I am here for it, and I am here for you!

You're gonna kick ass I know it!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 4/16/21 3:26 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much!

I feel excited and not dreadful so that's a huge win for me! I really appreciate you!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics