What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/16/21 3:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope today finds you doing well!

We had my nieces dance recital last night. I couldn't stay for the whole thing(church pews are terribly uncomfortable). My goodness! It was so fun to watch and what I was able to see of the older kids was really cool too.

Not sure what today holds. We do have the nephew today and then pick the girls up from school. Hoping that they are not total wild kids. The fighting has been out of control!

We were not able to do the pepper roasting yesterday due to the recital so we'll likely do that late this morning into afternoon. So the Tex-Mex will be for dinner this afternoon.

The staples are out, I healed a little to well so that had to dig a few out...the stimulator is programmed and I'm having a little relief but not as much as I would of hoped for. I am giving it a few days as they said it could take 3 days to find more relief.

QOTD: Which of your personality traits has been the most useful?

Stubbornness! It can be a double edged sword but it has kept me from giving up for a very long time. I refuse to give in.

Trying intermittent fasting so I hope I do this right. For now my window is 8 to 6 for 10 hours to start off with. I will then work down to an 8 hour window. I'm excited for this! I have a lot to learn though so it's a process.

M1: black coffee and water

M2: just egg, bacon, GF bread and maybe a few TBS salsa

A1: GF fish sticks, carrots and maybe some blueberries

A2: tostada shell, vegan cheese and some roasted poblano peppers

E: casserole...I'll be winging it so who knows what it'll end up as

KalesD
on 4/16/21 3:59 am
RNY on 09/30/20

good morning and happy Friday!

still waiting for my swab results.. I swear I'm obsessively checking.

b: fairlife latte

s: 1/2 small tortilla, 1/2 an egg, 7.5g cheddar and 1/4c raspberries

l: mozzarella pearls, cherry tomatoes, cucumber & a chicken finger

s: 120g skyr, 15g PB, 40g blueberries

d: 2oz chicken breast, 1/2c broccoli

s: 1/2 honey crisp apple, 15g PB

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Melody P.
on 4/16/21 4:10 am - Amarillo, TX

I'd be doing the same! Hope it's negative!

Melody P.
on 4/16/21 4:10 am - Amarillo, TX

A1 will be split pea soup I forgot I set out...LOL

Greateight
on 4/16/21 5:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Happy Fri-Yay everybody!

The virtual dueling pianos was super fun. We had a ****tail making class a couple of weeks ago, and at 1 1/2 hours it seemed endless. But the hour for the dueling pianos just flew by. I would have liked another half hour. Plus we had snacks.

Tonight I have my normal happy hour, and the weekend is going to be mostly resting, training, and reading about IF. Plus, I need to get a haircut. That probably means I will have a white ring around my head, even though my Florida color is fading fast.

Kelly's quarters came in the mail yesterday. You can see that most of the book is now filled up. We still need to find some of the older editions, and the Tuskegee Airmen quarter hasn't hit circulation yet. Teenie's Tennessee will complete most of the middle section though.

QOTD: Focus and persistence.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

lunch: Hello Fresh

Dinner: Proscuitto, cheese, Pinot Noir

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 4/16/21 9:29 am - Warren, OH

That is a great job on the collecting. My husband was into coins and would have loved that. He passed away in 2009, so that is mostly why I was not aware of the state park quarters. He would have been collecting them if he had been alive.

I signed up for an IF app called Simple. Mostly because I have that nerdy trait of wanting a computer app for everything. I started my first 12 hour fast on Wednesday, ended up with it being 13 hours yesterday and feel great. I am going to get some herbal fruit teas to use during fasting hours, since I don't do caffeine at all.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Maddymoe2
on 4/16/21 3:29 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

I am going to look into the app. Thank you for the suggestion. I have been doing IF all week and I am feeling great and not really hungry.

White Dove
on 4/16/21 7:13 pm - Warren, OH

Not being hungry is what I am experiencing also.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/16/21 5:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I'm having lunch again today with a woman i met on Bumble. Another Mexican place, but we're meeting in Madison today so I picked a place that's fairly authentic (we met in her town last time - it's a small town about 30 miles from here, so the place, although good, wasn't terribly authentic). She loves Mexican food - and I like it as well - but in addition, the more authentic places have those small tacos (on either 4" or 6" corn tortillas with just meat, cilantro, and onion on them). And many of them don't give you that heaping basket of tortilla chips the minute you sit down, either (not sure about this place since I haven't been to it before). At 3:00 I have a conference call with a couple of cousins who live in the Chicago area. One of them is really hesitant about Zoom and has always made excuses not to join us when we've had Zoom calls this year, so we're going to do it on the phone so we can all be there. I really hate talking on the phone and would prefer Zoom, but whatever. We gotta do what everyone's comfortable with..

this weekend should be fun. I'm meeting a friend for lunch and a bike ride tomorrow, and DH and I will probably do a carry-out dinner since it's our anniversary. Sunday we're going to Milwaukee for a cemetery tour (I love Victorian cemeteries - and there are some famous people buried in this one), and I signed up to watch a documentary online on Sunday evening. It's an undercover film that's been held for years by the university archives and was recently discovered. It's about African Americans and housing here in Madison c. 60 years ago. Evidently not pretty...

in other news, I reconnected via Facebook with someone who lived a couple doors down from me back in the 1960s. So fun! And I've also decided to try to make skyr. Ordered my rennet last night from a cheesemaking place in Massachusetts. Can't wait 'til it gets here!!

QOTD: curiosity. It especially served me well in my years as a reference librarian.

B: plain Greek yogurt with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake blended with frozen strawberries, spinach, and kale (may flip flop breakfast and MS - sometimes easier to keep daily calories in check that way)

L: either a Mexican taco or a burrito bowl (if the latter, I'll bring half of it home)

AS: protein/Keto bar (the extra fat and fiber in the one I ate yesterday did the trick...)

D: Costco chicken skewer, light Caesar salad (just romaine lettuce with a light Caesar vinaigrette), small sweet potato

ex: I have GOT to do something since I took yesterday off. Probably weights since I need one more session of both weights and cardio this week, and I'll be biking tomorrow, so...

wrkinprogress
on 4/16/21 12:54 pm

Happy Anniversary,,,, enjoy it!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views