What's on your Thursday menu?

catwoman7
on 4/22/21 4:39 am, edited 4/22/21 4:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well, it's been 20 hours since Moderna #2. So far, I just have a sore arm, but I'm sticking close to home today just in case. I have classes this morning, but I can do those from my bed or couch if I start feeling out of it. No other plans...

My rennet arrived yesterday (I ordered it so I can try making skyr). The place also emailed me a publication that has a lot of cheese recipes, some for beginners (like fresh mozzarella), so I'm going to try my hand at that, too - maybe next week sometime. This could be fun! Never thought I'd get into cheesemaking, but might as well give it a whirl!

QOTD: For those who plan to get vaccinated (or have already been vaccinated), what's something you're planning on doing that you haven't been able to in a year? For me, going to Chicago! We usually go four or five times a year, and I really miss it. We'll be going down in a couple of weeks for a two-year follow up with my plastic surgeon (not sure why he does two-year follow ups, but whatever - I like going there - and I love being in Chicago)

B: plain Greek yogurt with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, or a chicken skewer in 1/2 pita with tzatziki sauce and cucumber slices

AS: protein muffin?

D: whatever I don't have for lunch, I'll have for dinner

ex: I probably should do something like a walking video before the vaccine side effect****

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 4/22/21 5:12 am - Warren, OH

I had my vaccines back in March, but have not changed anything or done anything different. There is a huge sense of relief knowing that I can do things if I decide to. I have become much more relaxed this year by no longer having a lot of places to go to.

I saw a meme the other day that said it is going to be a big adjustment going to a bar and getting a seven ounce glass of wine, instead of the 24 ounce glass that is available at home. I enjoy my home a lot more since I got stuck inside it.

I just feel a lot more content than I ever imagined I could feel. When I resume more activities, they will be things I am really passionate about, not just things to get out of the house.

Today is my official one week weigh in for my fasting. I am down 3.5 pounds and can really feel a difference in my clothes. This is 12 hours a day of nothing bu****er or unsweetened tea and twelve hours of eating anything I want to. The big difference is I really don't want to eat very much in my eating window.

Fresh mozzarella is heaven to me, with basil and fresh tomatoes. I could eat that for every meal and be happy. It will be exciting to see if you enjoy making it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/22/21 5:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

one of my favorite things to eat in the summer is fresh mozzarella with basil and fresh tomatoes!

MadisonRose
on 4/22/21 5:38 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Just a quick post. My weight is still coming down thank goodness! Yesterday I was so busy that I did not get to eat much between my eating window. I completely missed dinner altogether and before I knew it it was already 8 and time to fast. I actually wasn't that hungry though and this IF is really helping with my cravings!

QOTD: travel!

B: fasting until noon. Black coffee, water and hot tea

L: protein shake or tuna

D: leftover roast beef and salad that I did not eat last night.

S: L&F Greek yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Emiepie
on 4/22/21 5:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! Yesterday felt like Thursday all day so I feel like we gained a day this week. Trish, I'm glad you're feeling good so far.

QOTD: I need a beach day.

TSS: 6 years, 8 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Spinach salad with turkey and feta cheese, carrots, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: Zero sugar beef sticks, an apple and yogurt

D: Jimmy Dean sausage scramble, toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1352 Protein: 109 Carbs:128 Fat: 49

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 4/22/21 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Kelly,

Anytime line of when you will be able to run again?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 4/22/21 9:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for checking in! I'm "clear" but was warned that I have to take my "come back"'slow. I'm up to 45 mins and just about 4 miles most days. Haven't run outside though.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 4/22/21 3:21 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

4 miles taking it easy. Ha you crack me up ?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 4/22/21 8:01 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I want to be back to my pre-injury length and spied and I'm not there yet. I'm sore for some reason tonight so might need a rest day tomorrow. Trying the foam roller tonight to see if it helps.

Christina135
on 4/22/21 5:52 am

Good morning everyone!

This is my Friday, so I'm super happy!

QOTD - I'm fully vaccinated, and super happy about it. However, life hasn't changed much other than I allow myself to see my family a little more (my girls, my mom and my sister who are all fully vaccinated as well). The variants are here in TX, and so we are basically home, work, grocery store, and the occasional pick up dinner. To be fair, we are both introverts so it's not a huge deal. I know eventually we will achieve a new normal, but we just don't know what it looks like yet. Right now I'm just super happy and grateful to be vaccinated and know that if I AM exposed to Covid, I won't die from it.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - tofu scramble with mushroom, onion, soyrizo and papas, toast with avocado butter

Snack - mint chocolate kale smoothie

Snack - grapes and strawberries

Snack - 1/2 PB&J with oat milk

Dinner - chick'n patty with vegan cheese, potato salad, baked beans.

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?