What's on you Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/8/21 3:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

I am feeling rather miserable this morning. My eye is hurting and the tape is really irritating my face. I've gotten very little sleep and i'm pretty grumpy...or salty...LOL

I have an appointment at 8:30 to get the bandage off and see how things went. Not sure if I'll see the doctor or a NP. Either way they put tape over parts of my eyebrow...I'm hoping it doesn't pull the hair out. I hate medical tape...it eats away at my skin. At least this is just an over night thing. I will have to wear a shield at night but I'm going to use a different kind of tape. Should only have to do that for a week. I also have drops I have to use every day for a while. There is a gas bubble in my eye so I have to continue sleeping on an incline for a while.

My mom is wanting to get a coffee maker that's on sale at Sams today so after my appointment off we'll go. I may stay in the car depending on how my face/eye looks.

QOTD: what's your favorite breakfast food?

I'd have to say breakfast sausage..I'm going to be trying my hand at making my own chicken and apple sausage. I like applegate's chicken and maple sausage but it's kind of pricey and higher in fat.

b: oatmeal and coffee

l: tostada with vegan cheese, chicken breast and salsa

d: not sure on this one...might make jalapeño poppers with some of the chicken

s: maybe raspberries if they look good at sams...gf toast and maybe some popcorn

catwoman7
on 5/8/21 5:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I'm having brunch today with two friends. They've never met - but they remind me so much of each other that I've been wanting them to meet. One moved up here from North Carolina about two years ago - and the other moved up here, also from NC, in early April. And according to Facebook, they have four mutual friends in NC (they're about the same age, so I'm guessing one knew someone from high school, and the other knew the same person in college, and vice versa). We've had a heck of a time finding a time that worked for all three of us, so I'm so happy it worked out to do it today. The issue is, one of them will only eat outdoors (we're all fully vaccinated), and it's going to be 49 degrees F at the time we meet, so this could be uncomfortable - but I guess it might be tolerable if I wear layers. So...that's what I'll do...

I was thinking about biking later this afternoon, but I think it might be too cold for me - so I may do a virtual Zumba class before brunch this morning. Not sure what else I'll do today, but it'd be nice to get out. It looks so sunny and beautiful from my window.

QOTD: I was never a traditional breakfast food lover and pre-surgery I made fruit smoothies and took them to work with me, but now I usually eat Greek yogurt with fruit. I love that. When I go out with people I try to find places that have things like Greek yogurt parfaits on the menu - or I try to go late enough in the morning that they have brunch/lunch foods available like sandwiches - although a breakfast sandwich or breakfast burrito will usually work for me, too.

B: Coconut or vanilla skyr with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: (actually brunch) - I'm thinking I'll order the chicken/bacon/avocado wrap and eat half of it

AS: protein muffin

D: the other half of my chicken/bacon/avocado wrap, 1/2 C gomae

have a great day, everyone!

KalesD
on 5/8/21 6:55 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning..

i ended up working most of the night. It was kind of rough. The worst thing about call is forging out how to properly feed myself. I did end up eating a protein bar that I keep in my locker - but thoughts of eating at 4 am scarE me lol.

b: that protein bar

S: fairlife latte

l: 1/2 tortilla, 1 oz chicken, 15g cheddar

S: tbd

d: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Lisa91941
on 5/8/21 7:11 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning! A weekend with very few plans lies at my feet today. What shall I do? I need to run to Target for shampoo and Michael's for some vinyl, so I'll get that out of the way. And pop into the grocery store to figure out dinner for tomorrow.

I did not do great eating yesterday. Was hungry all day long. I did ok during the day, but added a glass of wine before dinner and 2 pieces of mini chocolates in the evening. Sticking with mostly chicken stuff today to try and get full, and then we have reservations at our little local Italian place for dinner. The hubs loves their pizza and he's been craving it.

QoTD: Probably eggs. Though in pre WLS years there is a place here that makes a savory baby dutch pancake filled with roasted veggies and gruyere cheese. You have to stand in line for it, and I would have no problem with doing so to get one.

Menu:

B: chicken breast bites and 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: probably turkey roll ups with a little cheese. Maybe some Quest protein chips

D: don't know. Last time I had meatballs and they were terrible. Very unusual for this place. Maybe some Caprese Salad and a bowl of minestrone soup. That's not enough protein for me and that's going to cause a problem. I think I'll probably just call an audible after reviewing the menu.

S: hopefully none!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 5/8/21 10:25 am - Amarillo, TX

Bandage is off and boy is it sore today. They couldn't get all the marker off LOL

lmfontana4
on 5/8/21 11:33 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi all

i was traveling on Friday so didn't post. I did well eating since I confined my self to protein bars and drink. I am spending the weekend with my mom.

QOTD: hash browns, cinnamon rolls. Bacon sandwiches

B: I egg 1 sausage link

L: protein drink

D: chicken wings

S: TBD

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?