What's on your Wednesday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/12/21 3:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Hello and good mornin menu friends! Hope that you're doing well.

My mom has a doctors appointment today with her GP. Other than that not much planned today. Hoping to cut back my calories today a little more than yesterday. I start my Effexor today. There was a little hiccup with the insurance but they finally got it figured out. I'm not feeling particularly well but it could always be worse I guess.

QOTD: Which do you prefer? Books or movies?

books! Though both can be equally great in their own way.

b: oatmeal and coffee before

l: frozen strawberry and bananas added to a vanilla protein shake

d: cabbage, onions and turkey smoked sausage

s: beef jerky, roasted seaweed and raw carrots and/or broccoli

have a great day everyone!

catwoman7
on 5/12/21 4:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I was going to start us off but figured I'd give it a few more minutes to see if you would, Melody - and...ta da! - you did. Whew. I don't mind starting off the thread, but coming up with QOTD's is a challenge for me!

I'm going biking with a friend at 9:30. She likes coffee shop destinations, so I'm guessing we'll stop at one. If nothing else, it breaks up the ride and it's nice to have a treat, although that means working it into my daily menu... Other than biking, I have no plans for today, but I should probably watch a video I checked out from the library since it's due this week, and I've already renewed it the maximum number of times.

I'm thinking of starting a documentary film discussion group this summer or fall. I'm already in one film discussion group, but it doesn't have a particular theme other than the movie has to be easily available (either on Netflix or Prime or several copies of the DVD available at the public library). My existing group used to meet at a restaurant for lunch (we'd reserve a separate room there for the 10 of us), but we met over Zoom this past year, and they're now going to meet in a park (with brown bag lunches) because one of the members is still afraid of catching the virus (we're all fully vaccinated), so she doesn't want to go to any restaurants, even if they have outdoor seating. I'd really like to meet at a restaurant over lunch - maybe with outdoor seating while the weather holds - and then indoor when it gets cold (i.e., if the virus level is still manageable by then - and we're not hit by mutations). So maybe I'll just limit it to five or six people for now. We should be able to "fit" into most restaurants with that size group. Plus a smaller group may be easier for discussion purposes, too. My existing group often just discusses the film for like five or ten minutes (unless it's REALLY good), and then they just socialize - although that's fine, too. Anyway, the wheels are turning in my brain...

QOTD: that's kind of a tough question. Books are often better than movies because they go into a lot more detail, but on the other hand, it's sometimes hard for me to sit still long enough to read a book. It can take me weeks to get through one.

B: vanilla skyr with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: I may take a protein shake with me on the ride and drink that instead of a coffee drink - but if the latter, probably the usual latte with 2% milk and SF syrup

L: turkey chili

AS: 1/2 a protein muffin and a L&F yogurt

D: one of these new Mediterranean chicken skewers I found at Aldi's last night - on 1/2 a pita with cucumber slices and tzatziki sauce

have a great day, everyone!

Teenie
on 5/12/21 6:24 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

If you are challenged by QOTD you can always go back in history and use one that Julia had posted. She was so good at it and I am sure we could revisit some of them and maybe even have different answers then we had before. Especially if you go pre Covid.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 5/12/21 6:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

true. In addition, we also have some people who have joined this thread since then!

Melody P.
on 5/12/21 4:23 am - Amarillo, TX

PS: my mammogram literally took about 10 minutes or less. The lady was super nice and it wasn't a big deal. Just my brain over complicating things per the usual.

Christina135
on 5/12/21 5:54 am

Mernin' errybody!

QOTD - I like both. I'm like the taco girl (soft and crunchy)...why not both?

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - I brought nothing, so...I gotta find something! I have no clue

Dinner - I also prepared nothing. YAY. I guess I can update later in the day.

I hope you guys all have a wonderful day! Work is busy, kicking my butt!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Emiepie
on 5/12/21 6:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Today should be a hot one here so I'm very grateful for A/C.

QOTD: I'd say movies. I do like to read occasionally but it was usually during my elliptical time.

TSS: 6 years, 9 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Spinach salad with rotisserie chicken, and feta cheese, carrots, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: Whisps, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: TJ chile lime chicken burger, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1333 Protein:116 Carbs:90 Fat:59

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 5/12/21 8:24 am
RNY on 08/29/18

High of 55 today. What's with the A's looking to move?

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 5/12/21 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

It's be great if the city ever approved the plans for the new stadium. I'm afraid if they move it would out of CA.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 5/12/21 6:19 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Mel and Menuers,

I love the Meme today. Everybody can use a little Mr. Bean in their lives. I got a meeting at 10 so I need to get through this fairly quickly today. I got bible study tonight and I am hoping it keeps me from Snacking. I have been so bad lately and the scale is calling me out.

QOTD: I prefer a movie however I fall asleep most times before the end. I believe even after the weight loss I still have Sleep Apnea but refuse to use the C-Pap. I hate that thing so I am sure that is the culprit.

Accountability: I grazed it and had nuts SF pudding, pork rinds and I am sure there was more. Oh yeah a Lilly's peanut butter cup.

TSS: 3 years 5 Months 1 days:135 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Chobani Complete blueberry and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

L: Philadelphia cheese steak no bun and snack select

D:Chicken Fajita no tortilla

Exercise: 3.5 Mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I started a sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day..

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics