What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 6/5/21 2:53 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope the weekend is off to a good start for you!

I think we are going to soccer games today. Not looking forward to it...LOL. Not a fan of the crowds. The overzealous parents and coaches are always cringeworthy.

qotd: what are looking forward to this summer?

I'm mostly looking forward to life being boring! No medical issues...just normal life.

B: chicken sausage, one fig newton(ugh) and coffee

L: no idea at the moment

D: soup or chili

S: popcorn, yogurt and ???

KalesD
on 6/5/21 4:18 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I'm currently hanging out on the balcony with the pup with some coffee before it gets too hot out.

I ran another 5km this morning, felt good and I was pretty impressed I managed to drag my ass out of bed so early to do so. I have two runs left in my couch to 5k app.. and then I need to decide if I'm going to go onto the 10k app. Part of me thinks 5k is good enough, the other part is curious to push my body to see what kind of limits exist.. oh boy.

QOTD: looking forward to seeing my family.

b: proffee w slice toast

S: 120g cottage cheese, 7g PB, 40g raspberries

l: 25g Turkey, 25g ham, 1 mini pepper, 2 laughing cow wedges and a slice of Swiss

S:tbd

d: tbd but something on the bbq

s: unlikely to remember a post dinner snack

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Queen JB
on 6/5/21 1:22 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

So great that you are able to do the 5K! My advice is to stick with the 5K for a bit, and challenge yourself to get faster and do it with more ease before pushing for further... you will have plenty of time to go further, but it can be hard on your body so make sure you are ready :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 6/5/21 5:53 am, edited 6/5/21 5:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I was supposed to go biking with a friend this morning, but there's something up with her bike, so she was going to call a bike place this morning to see about getting it fixed. However, if they can even work it in today, I'm not sure we're going to be able to bike. It's supposed to get up to 90 degrees F today, so we'll have to go before noon or we'll be miserable. So...probably not happening. Nothing else on the agenda today other than getting caught up with my class. Perfect opportunity as we'll likely be trapped in the house this weekend because of the heat!

QOTD: getting out a lot and being with others in person again!

B: piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: coleslaw made with Asian-style dressing topped with 2 oz grilled chicken strips

AS: protein muffin OR L&F yogurt with a skinny bagel

D: probably a veggie burger and some kind of vegetable

ex: maybe nothing. I've done two sessions of weights this week and five sessions of cardio, so I'm all caught up!!

have a great day, everyone!

MadisonRose
on 6/5/21 6:02 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all. I am very upset with myself and feeling pretty lost to be honest. I apparently gained 4 pounds while on vacation and while it doesn't seem like much, it was 4 pounds on top of the excess weight I was trying to lose before vacation. I feel huge and gross and depressed and like my life is spiraling out of control. It's been pretty chaotic.....had a family member recently pass away, been worried about my dad who had to go in for a biopsy and we have a new company taking over at work which means our benefits, health insurance etc will all be changing. Still not 100% convinced that they won't lay us off and bring in their own people. So I've been stressed about that as well and have been eating my emotions which isn't helping me lose this excess weight. I'm just so damn frustrated and discouraged. I cringe every morning when I get on the scale. Sigh...I just want this weight gone!

QOTD: More beach time and just spending more time outside when it's not too scorching hot.

B: coffee and protein shake

L: ?? Meeting a friend for lunch.

D: Leftover turkey maybe and some veggies

S: L&F Greek yogurt w/blackberries & blueberries

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 6/5/21 7:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

MadisonRose - Mergers and acqusitlons are hard -- I'm in the middle of my 8th one, and I've been on all the sides.

Here is what I tell my teams -- at this point, the outcomes are out of your control. If there's going to be a change in structure, reduction in size, all those decisions are not something you can control so try not to worry about those -- while they can have a huge impact, they are not something you can address. What you can control during this time is your performance and setting yourself up for whatever happens next. Stay focused on doing your job to the best of your ability, see how you can engage to support the transition efforts so you have higher visibility (it may not matter if decisions are already made, but if things are still being worked out, being someone known for positive attitude, approaching changing well can make a difference), and make sure you're setting yourself up personally as well -- if you're worried about the benefits changing, pull all your healthcare appts forward if you can, research your unemployment options and start budgeting to that, and don't do anything crazy like buy a new car (you would be surprised how often people go out during periods of uncertainty and take on new debt); take the time now to update your resume (several of us on here have done resume work or have been hiring managers and I'm sure would be happy to review), start refreshing your network (linked in, coffee meet ups, etc).

Although it doesn't take away from the uncertainty and stress, controlling the things that you can helps somewhat.

I hope you hear back positive news on your dad soon.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 6/5/21 7:28 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 6/5/21 1:35 pm, edited 6/5/21 6:38 am - Warren, OH

MadisonRose - When I read your post, I glanced at your surgery date. My bounceback regain started 30 months after my RNY. This is part of the weight loss surgery experience and not because you are under stress or eating more.

The intestines are lined with hair like appendages that grab the food and hold it against the walls of the intestines so that the calories can be absorbed. After RNY many of those cilla are destroyed and food can pass through without calories being absorbed. The body is smart enough to know that it is not absorbing the food and grows new and stronger cilla to take the place of the ones that were destroyed by surgery.

That can happen as soon as 18 months after surgery or in my case it was 30 months. I started gaining a pound a week. I had a 12 pound regain before I went back to Weigh****chers. You will need to find what you can eat now to lose regain and maintain your weight. A 20 pound regain at this point is pretty normal. This is just another phase of your surgery journey.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 6/5/21 7:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning! A quick check in. I did not sleep well last night so I finally got some zzzz's in from about 5 am to now. But i'm up with coffee now and planning my day. I want to grab one granddaughter this weekend and take her shopping for summer clothes. I do the other girl later in the week or something. Some quality one on one time, and they are growing so fast it seems their shorts are always too short these days. Plus, who doesn't like a new pair of sandals and a bathing suit to start summer break? We have a grad party tonight. I plan on taking my fake iced coffee and sipping on that while we visit.

QoTD: bike rides, family camping, reading in the sunshine

Menu:

b: hb egg, 1/4 c cottage cheese

lunch and dinner TBD -- maybe just turkey wrapped in a cheese slice for dinner after the grad party. I'm sure there will have amazing things to nosh on -- for my mouth, but not my body. So I will pick one or two things to treat myself with bites and plan on eating something dense and protein loaded when I get home.

Peace Everyone!!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 6/5/21 10:09 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Saturday

I had a excellent weigh in this week. I am down 6.2lbs this week! It is strange that week to week the weight loss is different but my intake is about the same with no real changes in exercise. Nonetheless I am happy to see the scale go down each week. We are going to our first movie since the shutdown. We are seeing "A Quiet Place II". I have heard good things. Plus I really liked the first movie.

QOTD: camping, time outside. I bought a SUP and inflatable kayak for summer fun.

B: fit & light Greek yogurt

L: protein drink

D: TBD- maybe leftover keto chicken enchilada or taco

S: movie popcorn no butter!
E: day off. Maybe yoga this evening.
have a great weekend

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 6 replies · 31 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?