What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/10/21 1:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's Grim's Birthdayyyyyy!

My present to him is that I am going to the office all day so he has a nice quiet day to himself! Haha, ok not really... but sadly I do need to go in today.

I will rush back home as soon as I can and whisk him off to wherever he wants to go to dinner. I actually gave him his "real" present a few weeks ago--which is a brand new shiny outdoor grill :) We've already used it a few times and it is a nice one!

QOTD: This is my first "post-COVID" birthday to celebrate with a loved one. How did you celebrate your COVID Birthday(s)? My birthday is in August so I only had one birthday in lockdown and even that wasn't too bad because we could be outside. My parents came over and stayed outside and we ordered lobster rolls. It was precious to see them because I hadn't seen them in so long!

This menu is pretty weak b/c I have no idea where Grim will want to have dinner, but I'm not worried about it. I had a few days in a row with pretty low calories.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/10/21 2:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Happy Birthday Grim! Hope you have a great day

I had a miserable day yesterday. At one point my head hurt so much I dry heaved. Fun fun. I am so far feeling a tad bit better but still not great. Hoping today will bring vast improvements! Working on very little sleep once again though. I predict a crash later LOL

I'm not sure what today will hold. We are under a heat advisory and it's supposed to be in the low to mid 100's. Ohhhhhh joy. I am glad it's not cold but sheez I could live without sticky heat. Why can't the weather be to my liking?

I did find out yesterday that my psychiatrist appointment was moved to the 16th and now I have to go into the office for a teleconference with my doc like we used to do. I don't even know if I have a case manager anymore so I guess we'll see.

QOTD: since our family is so small our birthdays have been pretty much the same as usual. Also since we watch the kids we are all around each other anyway.

B: chicken sausage and a very small slice of GF pizza(I know...) coffee before

L: thinking soup since I didn't have it yesterday

D: not sure yet...

S: PP shake, popcorn and ???

Queen JB
on 6/10/21 3:28 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh he loves a good Star Trek meme! Thanks!

KalesD
on 6/10/21 2:37 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning,

I can't believe it's not Friday yet.. this week feels forever.

QOTD: My first covid birthday was mostly just forgotten by everyone.. we had literally just gone into lockdown. I had an entire awesome day planned for myself and it all got cancelled. This year, we went on vacation to that little resort up in cottage country. It was nice, but I would have liked a bit bigger of a celebration for my 'big' birthday...

b:fairlife latte

S:120g cottage cheese, 7g PB, 50g strawberries

l: 25g turkey, 25g ham, mini pepper, 2 laughing cow wedges and a slice of cheese

S: tbd

d: tbd

S:tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Queen JB
on 6/10/21 3:30 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Well happy belated "big" birthday! I hope the next one is perfect.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/10/21 3:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Birthday to Grim! A nice thing is that there are tons of restaurants that serve meat with a side of meat! Hope it's a great day.

QOTD - I had very cold outdoor dinner with a couple of friends in their back yard.

menu today is a bit unstructured, especially dinner -- I need to go to the store but I don't want to.

Coffee plus half and half X 3

Cottage cheese with cinnamon and currants

after that, I'm pretty unsure.

PSA - I tried the SmartPop flaming hot popcorn yesterday; I like spicy but this was weird; I ended up tossing it and having a yogurt because whatever the flaming hot is got stuck in my throat and it was burning and making me cough. Plus my fingers turned cheeto colored. Do not recommend.

I'm going to start a trek to Everest basecamp on my elliptical today, I think it's a series of 15 or 20 walks so that will be my exercise.

Have a great day everyone - Friday is in sight!

Queen JB
on 6/10/21 3:31 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Burger with Bacon - nailed it :)

Ok I will join you on Everest starting on Saturday!

Greateight
on 6/10/21 4:14 am, edited 6/9/21 11:19 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I am up early because I was supposed to drive with my son to his job because Marilyn and my youngest were going to the computer center at 5:00 AM to wait for a 3070 graphics card. My youngest's school year has finally ended and he wants to rebuild his computer.

But he didn't make it out of bed, and Marilyn is still home, so I think that I am going back to sleep.

UPDATE:

Things started to happen after I went back to bed. Apparently, youngest did wake up and he and Marilyn left for MicroCenter. Oldest son must have decided that I was not worth waking because he just hopped in the car and went to work. The line at Microcenter was around the back, and they were unable to get a card.

Amy, we watched Stranger Among Us, Episode: Blood Red Reunion and it is bananas! A million plot twists, and it's not quite "Leave the kids with Tressa" level of gullability, but its close. Marilyn said that if she ever acted like the wife I was under orders to leave her.

Menu is a bit up in the air because I am flying today (no pun intended).

QOTD: Last year we ordered take out French Food and drank wine on the porch. This year, we did something similar. Certain children, who will remain nameless, may have forgotten to wish me a HBD this year.

Breakfast: sausage

Lunch: Plane food

Dinner: Probably chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 6/10/21 8:02 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I will watch that one tonight!!! Rob and I always talk like that, too! I love when he says things like - when you kill me, go bloodless - you can never get rid of all the blood and make sure you use a burner phone while planning it so you don't get caught and other such tips.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Greateight
on 6/10/21 8:17 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I won't give away any plot details, but Marilyn pretty much lost it when the mom sent the kids out of the house so that she could watch an adult movie.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics