What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/11/21 1:23 am, edited 6/11/21 1:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Everyone! I am going for a "Flashback" Photo Friday today :)

First up, Grim looking extra sexy, 3 years ago in Rhode Island!

Then (same trip) a pic of me, Maryann, and Cynthia enjoying the water!

Yesterday was a good day in the office. I got a lot done and I am feeling more organized, thankfully, then I came home and took Grim out for a nice birthday dinner. Today I have a short day! Vaca starts early. I will be out at 1pm, then Grim and I are taking a little trip down to RI for an Antique Tool Auction and a Lobster Roll.

QOTD: How did you name your pet(s)? We adopted two kittens from the same litter and wanted to have related names. We love The Princess Bride, and we originally thought we would have Buttercup and Westley but when we found out Buttercup was not a Buttercup, lol, we changed the names to Fezzik and Inigo ;)

My accountability has been all over the place this week... I really haven't done a great job with my new plan to eat more a more balanced diet. I can make all kinds of excuses about the extreme heat, and not feeling well, and birthdays, etc... but frankly I am just not being compliant. I am not eating a ton of calories, but the ones I am eating are not the best, and I keep going all day without eating then eating everything in the evening! I need to make a better effort to be more balanced next week. But today, I really don't have a full plan and I am not going to pretend I do!

Eggs for breakfast, then all kinds of TBD, and end the day with a lobster roll.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/11/21 1:43 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

I'm working yet again on very little sleep. Lots of pain during the night and lots of muscle cramps. The last one I had to jolt out of bed to get my foot to straighten up. I hate those!

We got up to 103 yesterday. It's only supposed to be 91 today but more humidity. It was for us fairly high humidity yesterday too...sooooooooo sticky!

Not sure what today will hold. I need to pick up some prescriptions. Hopefully get a nap or two!

I've decided to talk to my psychiatrist about the binge eating disorder more. I need a bit of help with this. I'd like to try vyvanse but I'm not sure she'll agree with it. We'll see I guess. It doesn't hurt to try. I just need some help for a while.

Food today is totally unplanned. I have no idea. I made some gazpacho yesterday that was so so very good and refreshing in the heat. I see myself making it more and more. It was my first time ever having it let alone making it.

Here is my throwback photo and a meme that speaks to me so much...LOL. I think I must of been around 20 or so in the photo.

Melody P.
on 6/11/21 1:47 am, edited 6/10/21 7:12 pm - Amarillo, TX

Just saw the QOTD!

Frankie our big pup crooned like Frank Sinatra soon after we got him, Frankie stuck! Skippy our little female chihuahua actually skips sometimes when she is running. My grandma wanted to name her baby but she passed soon after we got her and we named her skippy.

Cats. Percy got his name from the Percy Jackson movies/books. He was supposed to be my moms cat. Opal got her name from the stone. Her eyes have a kind of flash that reminded me of the stone opals.

Merlin our 21 year old man kitty got his name from the wizard. He was super awkward and still is.

KalesD
on 6/11/21 3:53 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

the pup and I are enjoying some cool air out on the balcony this morning. I just got back from my run and this is where I like to cool down and rehydrate!

It's been a long week and I'm pumped it's Friday! I have a chrio apt today (yay) because my hip/lower back have really been bugging me the last few days!

QOTD: my ex and I were on a kick of 'A' names..we had gotten a black kitten and named him Ace.. turns out my cat allergy was awful and we had to rehome him.. so when we found my dog on Kijiji, on the hour ride to where she lived we decided to call her Abby.. so she's Abby... or Abigail if she's being a **** head.

b: premier latte ****d)

s: 120g cottage cheese, 7g PB, 50g strawberries and 10g bran buds

l: 20g mixed lettuce, 15g cheddar, 2oz chicken, honey mustard dressing

s: tbd

d: probably thin crust pizza :)

s: frozen yogurt bar

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/11/21 3:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your day sounds great JB! I hope everyone has a quick Friday and a good weekend ahead!

Today I have a 4 meeting, run out for my mammogram, then try to make it back for two more meetings. I can do the last two from the phone if I have to so it should all work out. Good weekend ahead though - my Saturday TRX lesson, then a massage and Sunday I'm doing a two pilates class series and then going to see a play...in PERSON!! It's a rock version of Alice in Wonderland at one of our local theaters.

QOTD - I don't have pets because in the before times I traveled 3-4 weeks a month and that's not fair to a pet. A few years ago, I managed to troll my whole family by telling them I had adopted Pippin and Poe (from Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, respectively) because I was tired of not having pets and since I got a cat and a dog they could keep themselves entertained....I probably had 17 texts even from the teenagers going "aunt jennie, that may not be the best idea" or my sister's "what are you thinking"....then I sent the picture in my flashback photos below. The other one is from when we got the first mask orders last year...I may have been a bit too literal.

Oh, I guess I will be going grocery shopping sometime this weekend too.

Menu today is

coffee + half and half X 3

Greek yogurt with almonds and currants

after that, I'm out of ideas - maybe a barbells bar or some cheese and then something for dinner.

Ex - I'm feeling lazy this morning so might give myself a rest day or do something low key.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

(they were halloween decorations but I keep them as gargoyles at my front door -- the amazon people always put the packages behind them, like they are guarding them, lol).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/11/21 6:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love your mask!
And your gargoyles!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 6/12/21 3:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That story is the best!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 6/11/21 5:02 am

sorry no pic for me I have a few min till call starts. its a little bit of a crazy day to wrap out a long week.

Saturday im going down to sams club to try to get my refund on my tires. when they rerang me up for the 4 last week they forgot to give me the proration credit and that is 120 I need back in my pocket. other than that I plan to organize and list for my online business. Lots of inventory and some amazing clothes...

QOTD: Zooey we named after zooey dechenal, Bell was named that from the agency, Skylar is blind and has googly eyes that can't focus so he stares at the sky... Minnie was just soooo tiny we named her that. now of course she isn't the smallest one.

that's all for now.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 6/11/21 5:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! JB- super great pics. I hope you have a great short work day and weekend. We don't have much planned for the weekend but that's just fine with me.

QOTD: I don't know where the name Luna came from, Em came up with it and then Lily just kinda seemed to go with it.

Non Oatmeal days

TSS: 6 years, 10 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, sausage, and an apple

L: Spinach salad with deli turkey and feta, SF pudding and a peach

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, a pear and cottage cheese

D: Eggbeaters, sausage, low carb toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: A walk at lunch since it's not too hot today.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1397 Protein:126 Carbs:110 Fat:55

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 6/11/21 5:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

It's chilly here in Boston. Hopefully it warms up for the weekend because I packed light.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics