What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/6/21 1:41 am, edited 7/6/21 2:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! Hope you all had a great holiday weekend! Mine was not at all what I expected or planned, because of the weather and some unexpected visits with friends and family, but it was all good!

Oof this meme speaks to me in a big way. I keep eating out unexpectedly, and since I bring home leftovers that give me 2 - 3 more meals, I keep throwing the grocery store food out. I hate that. I joined Costco again yesterday and I have SO MUCH FOOD in the fridge that I need to eat, so I am vowing not to eat out at all for a few weeks!

Ok, so today was supposed to be my return to work x/5 week, but (crazy long story) we got a surprise reprieve on Friday and now we just have to return x2 days a wee****il mid-August!!! So I will be going in T & W for the next 6 weeks. Yay! So glad I can have a few days back in, but also happy to still have a few commute-free days for the rest of the summer ;) Heading in today, and mentally preparing to see hundreds of people that I haven't seen in 1.5 years! I be I won't actually get anything done today...

QOTD: Are you a Disney person? Do you love the movies and theme parks? I have a friend whose husband is Disney obsessed. He has an entire room in his house the is filled with collectibles and they have year round passes to the theme parks and go all the time. I have only been to the parks 3 times--twice in FL & once in CA. It was fun, but I can't imagine wanting to go back every month!

My menu today!

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg Bite

S: Greek Yogurt

L: Salad with 2 oz Steak & 1 oz Feta Cheese (& Greek dressing)

S: 3 Tbsp Buffalo Chicken & 2 Crackers

D: Turkey & Zucchini

Melody P.
on 7/6/21 3:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning JB and menu crew.

It promises to be a long day here. We have to get the kids at 8:30ish and take em home around 3ish. They are going on vacations next week and will be gone a week. We also told them we are going to take 2-3 weeks off after my brothers MIL gets back. While we can't go anywhere really...esp overnight... we need some recharge time.

I've got to get a call in the the nurses line for my psychiatrist. I had 5 separate panic attacks yesterday and woke up with one this morning. I don't see the psychiatrist until august 4th so I can't keep doing this for a month. They are rather bad and I'm exhausted.

QOTD: not really. I've never been to the parks and theme parks are not my thing. ALL THE PEOPLE!! lol.

food is up in the air for the most part.

B: JUST egg, cheese, fresh salsa, chicken sausage and coffee before.

Melody P.
on 7/6/21 1:19 pm - Amarillo, TX

Soooo...I just found out a couple of hours ago that my best friend died. I'm not shocked(it's a long story) but devastated. I've cried what's felt like an ocean full of tears.

ladygodiva1228
on 7/6/21 1:38 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Oh Melody I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Queen JB
on 7/6/21 3:03 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

What devastating news. I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/6/21 3:24 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I am so sorry.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 7/6/21 9:27 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I am sorry for your loss.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Sheila_H
on 7/6/21 4:10 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Hope everybody had a great 4th and long weekend. JB - hope your re-entry is smooth. Excited for you to see the coworkers you haven't seen in a long time. And glad you still get to WFH during the summer.

We ran into some furry baby problem on Sun and it's been hectic. Our little 17 lb Luna was used as a chew toy by two huge Rottweilers. This happened during the parade. The huge dogs were off leash although there were tons of people and other dogs there. We ended up at the Veterenarian hospital and literally stayed there for more than 12 hours until Luna was shaved and stitched up. The Dr told us we got lucky Luna had so much hair because it could have been worse. She is now home with tubes sticking out of her as drains, antibiotics and pain killers galore. We are crossing our fingers that her skin doesn't turn black because that will be like gangrene and additional surgery.

QOTD: I consider myself a Disney person. Love the Disney movies and love the parks, but I'm not obsessed with the parks. Every 3-4 years we go with the kids, even as older kids it's still fun going with them because the experience is different. We've never had an annual pass or went every year even when the kids were younger. If you asked my kids their absolute favorite vacation was the Disney cruise.

My meals yesterday (ADF)

• B: fast
  • L: fast
  • S: 1/3 cup mixed nuts
  • D: eggroll in a bowl
  • Total: 514
  • E: 5.5 miles jog

Happy Taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 7/6/21 4:44 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Sorry about Luna, poor pup.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 7/6/21 5:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that is so awful about Luna. And how irresponsible that those people had their Rottweilers off leash! I hope they are paying the vet bills - and how awful Luna had to go through this! That happened a couple of weeks ago when a friend and I went to an outdoor concert. She had her little dog with her, and when we were leaving some kids' giant dog (off leash) attacked her. Luckily, the kids and Bobbie were able to get the big dog off before any damage was done, but it was scary and her poor little dog was frightened to death! (well, not literally...). I can't imagine how horrific it would have been if she had been injured! I hope Luna's recovery goes well, and I'm so sorry this happened.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views
Forum Search Error & 404