What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/8/21 2:01 am, edited 7/8/21 2:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello Hello My Friends! I am in a weirdly good mood today for no particular reason. Even though I absolutely hate my 3-4 hours of commuting a day, and I really miss my cats (oh, and my boyfriend, shut up!)... I guess I really was ready to go back to the office? It's kind of fun to be with humans again! Who knew? And even though it is harder to just put my head down and plow though work, it is very nice to just lean over a cubicle wall and get someone else's opinion, answer, or confirmation on something. It's just nice. So, apparently I'm actually okay coming back full time right now (but I reserve the right to complain like a MoFo when I want to, in perpetuity.).

QOTD: Along the lines of reopening... for those of us who spent a lot of time at home, what was something you had forgotten about until you were back in the real world? Yesterday I was reacquainted with the self-flushing toilet that refuses to flush when you need it to, but will flush twice while you are sitting on it, and again after you manually flushed it. This is technology that I was perfectly happy without for the last 1.5 years and had completely forgotten about, haha.

Food continues to be a weird struggle at work. I am very sure I will be able to lose my excess COVID weight pretty quickly because I think I am eating 1/4 of the calories I was at home. I am busy, distracted, and weirded out by taking my mask off to eat, so it's been really easy to just skip 3 out of 4 small planned meals. But I am also not drinking anything all day, so that's not awesome. I am doing a later shift today and actually planning to work 9 - 5 instead of 7 - 3 so we'll see if that changes anything about my eating patterns today, but I will be super busy because I am running some programs for new hires (in person!) from 11 - 5, so I don't think I will have time to eat, anyway. I will plan accordingly!

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg Bite

S: 1/2 Greenridge Farm Beef Snack Stick

.... let's not pretend I am going to eat lunch....

S: 100 Calorie Pack of Almonds

D: Insides of a Costco Taco

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/8/21 2:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone. Hope that you're all well.

The pain yesterday prevented me from a deliberate walk but I still hit my step goal. I also heard back from my psychiatrist's nurse and I've got a plan for these panic attacks. I am thankful for a clinic that seems to really care about it's clients needs.

We should have the kids today but we're not sure when. Gotta love folks that don't know how to communicate! lol I have to pick up a few prescriptions so other than that I hope to get at least a small walk in today. I'm so exhausted but need to move.

QOTD: hmmm...I'm not sure on this one.

B: JUST egg, Gorgonzola cheese, chicken sausage and dirty chai coffee

L: frozen meal

D: no clue

S: popcorn, cheese and L&F yogurt

KalesD
on 7/8/21 2:34 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good morning, good morning!

quick one as I'm already late leaving.. this commute has been interesting! Good Opportunity to have my latte on the way in and hydrate on the way home..

new job is going well - today is day 4 and I'm pretty much on my own.. and I still get 5 more weeks of training.. fun!

b:fairlife latte

s: 120g cottage cheese, 7g pb, 50g blueberries and 10g bran buds

l: 3 slices deli Turkey, 1/2 a pepper, 2 slices laughing cow and 1 slice Swiss

s: latte

d: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/21 3:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

JB that meme! There can't be people that do that, can there?

Happy Thursday -- the two days of this work week have both been long and busy and flown by; hoping for the same today and tomorrow. I have 3 hours of succession planning today along with a ton of other meetings but I love talking my team up so I am excited about the succession planning (it always helps when you have the best team).

QOTD - my road rage, man so many people can't drive

Menu today will be

coffee + half and half X 3

PB Toast

Taco meat

Prosciutto and cheese

can raisin cottage cheese for snack

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 7/8/21 4:00 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Hot tip--never try to drive in Boston if you are prone to Road Rage.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/21 5:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Have I told you the story of the time I had a stranger parallel park for me in CharlesTown?

we went there Figs for pizza (and btw, who would have thought figs on pizza would be so delicious?) and I was driving. I cannot parallel park. I mean I can if there are like 6 car lengths available but outside of that? Not in my skill set.

I was trying, it was before back up cameras and all that but I was trying. Some dude was on the sidewalk laughing and I got out and said "great, Why don't you park it for me"....and he did. It was awesome. My friends that were still in the car might not have thought it was so awesome. But the car got parked, he got a story, we got pizza and everybody lived!

Jen

Queen JB
on 7/9/21 1:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thats such a good Boston story! I am a master parallel parker, but only if the spot is on the right hand of the street. God help us all of the only spot is on the left.

Was it the Fig & Prosciutto pizza at Todd English's restaurant? YUM.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/12/21 3:13 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yes, support - especially likeminded is the BEST! Happy you are here too!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/9/21 3:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It was...my mouth is watering just thinking about it and it's been years!!

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/8/21 3:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

Pedicure this morning for the first time in forever (at least since before COVID struck) and...well, not sure. I'm still trying to catch up with classes, so probably that. Plus do some work for one of my social organizations (although the latter won't take too long). I also want to find more Indian recipes. Maybe I'll hit the library and check out a couple of good Indian cookbooks (with an intent to buy copies of them if I REALLY like them).

QOTD: well, since I don't work, nothing's really changed for me in that way - although I love being able to go to more places now, and do everyday things like actually go into the vet clinic when i take my cats there (instead of sitting in the car waiting while they're inside being examined or injected or whatever)

B: plain Greek yogurt with either 1/2 mango or some kind of fruit compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: halloumi cheese with 1/2 C grain salad

S: 1/2 protein muffin, cup of cantaloupe/watermelon cubes

D: 1/2 C Madras lentils on a roti

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 410 views