What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/12/21 1:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Monday so soon? Only 4 days back in the office and I already needed the weekend for crashing and not playing. It was okay though. I worked a little, organized a little, took another trip to IKEA, watched the Red Sox lose a lot, and binged the 2nd Season of Lupin (SO GOOD!). Not exactly "fun" but no complaints!

QOTD: What is your go-to music when you are listening to relax? I tend to turn to really folksy and quiet 70s music like James Taylor, Simon & Garfunkel, or Cat Stevens when I need to relax and unwind.

I finally weighed in this weekend and was only down .5, even after barely eating all day at work and being more active. Hmm. I guess losing half a pound is not terrible in 4 days, but I was expecting so much more. Oh well, gotta just keep at it.

Today's plan:

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg Bite

S: Balanced Break - Cheddar, Cranberry & Almonds

L: 2% Greek Yogurt

D: Mahi Mahi Burger & Buffalo Cauliflower

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/12/21 1:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone, hope you're all well.

I'm having a bit of a newish health issue. Since I had been on Spironolactone my blood sugar were fairly elevated. So I stopped taking it(I was prescribed it for excess hair). I've been off it for a smidge over a week and my blood sugars have only slightly improved. So I'm going to call my PCP today or tomorrow to see about getting blood work done to test my A1c. I'll likely need to start a diabetes medication. I can't begin to tell you how upset I am. I have to stay on top of it for my eye health though. I feel like a failure in every way. I've also been having hot flashes.

No kids this week. I don't know what we'll do with ourselves.

QOTD: I listen to loud and heavy. It lets me work out my tension. Architects, Slipknot, Royal Blood and many more. My current "popular" playlist has over 20 different artists. Also have been listening to a lot of Shinedown to relax the past few weeks. I like things I can sing a long to.

B: JUST egg, Gorgonzola cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before

L: PP shake

D: shrimp, yellow squash w/onions and maybe a yogurt

S: cheese, cup and a half of popcorn and ???

have a great start to the week everyone.

Melody P.
on 7/12/21 9:29 am - Amarillo, TX

So guys. I am still really sad about my friend and decided to make a dream catcher styled design with chainmaille. I was pleased with how it came out and posted it in a group I'm in. Only to be reamed for using the term dream catcher. Yes I know a authentic one is made with a wooden hoop. Yes I know mine isn't authentic but I made it with my friend in mind and no idea someone would think I was doing cultural appropriation. I'm super bummed about it. I let it bother me to much because I know what's in my heart.

Anyway...he is my insensitive creation lol

ladygodiva1228
on 7/12/21 11:51 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I think it's beautiful Melody. Who ever reamed you out over the fact it was made out of metal may they be infected with the fleas of a 1000 camels. Everyone gets their panties in a bunch about everything. What an ass.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Partlypollyanna
on 7/12/21 1:26 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Don't let the get to you, you know your intentions. It's very lovely.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 7/12/21 4:33 pm - Warren, OH

I love it. How big is it? Would it work as a Christmas tree decoration?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 7/13/21 2:11 am - Amarillo, TX

It might be a bit to big. It's about 5"X6".

thank you all!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/12/21 5:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! I have enjoyed a few days in North Carolina, including hiking/walking about 8 miles Saturday.

qotd - I mostly only change music to work out to not to calm/de stress. I like 80s rock for working out (and also for road trips). Otherwise my favorites make me happy no matter the mood!

The next couple weeks, I probably need to pay the day before since I won't be able to do much planning.

yesterdays eats

coffee plus half and half

Small Carmel apple danish

saganaki, falafel, Greek meatballs

1/2 pack of small salami pack

French vanilla flan

(there was a French patisserie across the street and I indulged)

have a great Monday!

here's a picture from Saturday's hike, walking into a pretty little glade

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/12/21 5:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

where'd you go in NC? I used to live there, and my brother still does (in the mountains - where it looks like you took that picture from!)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/12/21 9:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I was just on Charlotte and the area around it. Very pretty - no mountains here though! I'm not sure there was any elevation gain!

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 153 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?