What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/28/21 1:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Friends! Thanks for being such an awesome and caring community! I felt all of your good vibes yesterday and appreciate all of it, even though I didn't get a chance to say so at the time!

The interview went as well as it could have, but I worry because I was clearly right in the middle of back to back interviews and it's hard to stand out when you are smack in the middle of a crowd. But the team seemed nice and the commute was literally 4 minutes! I repeat: FOUR MINUTES! I wrote my thank you email and got a "we'll be in touch as the process moves on" email. Fingers and toes are crossed for this one.

As for the medical stuff... who knows? I got the blood work results back and I have very high platelet counts. Nurses, please weigh in here, lol! Googling tells me there are a lot of options, and none of them are awesome... I need to stop with the internetting! But I am in a wait-and-see situation until the ultrasound next week, anyway. Meanwhile, I am honestly not too stressed. I am a little preoccupied I guess, but I feel no reason to panic over the unknown.

QOTD: Favorite Coffee Shop? I used to love an independent place where I used to live, but since moving in with Grim I haven't found a good local place, and there are nothing but a million Dunkins near work. I am now a Starbucks-girl by default, because they are convenient and I think the coffee tastes great! I know it is sacrilege to be from Massachusetts and not love Dunkin but I think their coffee is actual swill!!!!!

Food yesterday was on point until dinner. When I finished my last meeting Grim grabbed me and took me out for dinner to distract from a stressful day and celebrate the job interview :) I had a margarita and a fish taco, and even a few waffle fries. No regrets.

Back to the office today!

B: Protein Coffee & Costco Egg Bite

L: Insides of Costco Tacos

S: Almonds

D: Fish Taco!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

KalesD
on 7/28/21 2:07 am
RNY on 09/30/20

No I'm Good Morning..

Wednesday is weigh in day.. and today is the same as it's been for the last 8 weeks.. somewhere within a 2lb range. I'm now almost 10 months PO and I know things start to slow down.. but I really really want to lose 10 more lbs. I'm sure the amount I'm working out has a role to play in this (with muscle building) I'm trying really hard not to let the number get me down.. it's not a bad number lol it's just not what I had in my mind. Any tips or advice are appreciated!

QOTD: there are so many local places they are amazing! But when I'm in a rush and don't want to drive far Starbucks is my choice.

b: fairlife latte & egg breakfast boat

s: 175g yogurt, 7g PB and 60g blueberries

l: tbd but something with lots of chicken

S: egg

D: salad and protein

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 7/28/21 6:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Just keep on keeping on- you've got this!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 7/28/21 7:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I went back and looked at MFP to make sure I give you the correct data. As my sig shows the Dr had put my goal at 150 but I wanted to be at 140. The last 10 lbs took me from October 2018 to April 2019 - total of 6 months. The closer you get to goal the harder it is to lose weight. As Kelly said just keep doing what you are doing.
BTW, I'm still battling those same 10 lbs! My goal is now to keep it in a 5 lb range.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 7/28/21 7:28 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Increase your water if your not drinking your weight in OZ. I try to make sure I do 100 a day and any more is a bonus. Also remember you are really at your goal it is just your extra skin . So if the number is bothering you definitely consider skin removal. Good luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 7/28/21 7:50 am - Warren, OH

It may or may not help, but I lost my last 14 pounds by following a low protein, high carb plan for about a month. It was in a Dr. Atkins book. Dr. Atkins is the doctor who started high protein, low carb dieting back in 1972. Before that, dieting was all about eating high carbs and low fat. His guidance was to "shock" the body by doing something totally different when weight loss has stopped with high protein, low carb dieting.

This is how it works: you stop eating protein and substitute fruit and vegetables. Spinach, celery, peppers, apples, pears, pineapple, tomatoes, onions, bananas, oranges, peaches, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, lettuce, green beans and anything else that is a carb, but not a starch. Still no flour, sugar, pasta, rice, peas, beans, corn, cookies, candy, bread, cereal, or potatoes. His strategy is to do one or the other - high protein or high carb.

I will tell you that I did not eat huge servings of anything and kept my calories around 900 per day. I used zero calorie Can't Believe Its Not Butter spray on the vegetables and sugarfree Cool Whip on fruit and berries. I drank a ton of water, ate only the good carbs. No bad carbs and no protein.

I was 142 when I started and 128 after a month. I went back to high protein and low carb and maintained on high protein for about two years until bounceback kicked in. I was 18 months out from surgery when I switched to the low protein plan. You will not develop a protein deficiency in a month. I remember having a ton of energy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 7/28/21 2:48 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

This last few pounds are a killer. You got this!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/28/21 2:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

I'm in an immense amount of pain so far today. Just feel like I can't win. Trying not to let it get me down but it's hard not too. Sitting hurts my tailbone(it feels like it's going to rip through my flesh) and laying down hurts my hips. I'm still walking and getting my steps in though.

Sorry for being such a downer.

qotd: I haven't bought made coffee in years. If I had to choose it'd a local place called Palace Coffee.

B: JUST egg, queso chihuahua cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake

D: something with chicken

S: PB, watermelon and ???

Partlypollyanna
on 7/28/21 2:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yay, it's Wednesday! I also am headed into the office today, so annoyed about commuting and my commute is only 40 min each way. I have my fingers crossed for you and that 4 minute commute. I am like you on medical stuff, I never worry until there's a reason to worry...it doesn't help or change anything. I do still hit dr google, of course, because I'm not a monster, I just don't let it make me anxious. Once you know, then you get options and a plan.

Yesterday was a busy and chaotic day...I was so behind in everything that all three of my meals ended up being protein bars. Not ideal and I'm hoping for better today.

On a funny note, my work is doing a hydration challenge for August to get people to drink more water....it says on the flyer, don't drink more than 1/2 your body weight in ounces or 64 oz a day....which won't be much of a challenges since I drink 100 oz a day by design.

QOTD - The local place I liked closed so I usually do Ziggi's (a local chain) or Dutch Bros; I wish they would open a black rock if I had to go chain.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X 3

protein oatmeal I didn't eat yesterday

lunch out with my assistant (which I why I am going to the office), not sure where we're going

jalapeno cheddar sausage

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 7/28/21 4:43 am

Hi all

QOTD: we are in a 'smaller' town so the main ones are dunkin and a starbucks in the ingles and kroger which I really don't like. The freestanding starbucks is in the next town over so and I like that one but NOT the dunkin as much in that town. I will do racetrac or QT as a second line of coffee and mcdonalds or BK as a 3rd resort. We have 3 local based coffee shops, one has a drive thru the other two you actually have to leave the car- plus seems it ends up being $5-7 for a coffee depending on order so I prefer the $2 deals at dunkin.

I'm sure you stood out in the interview and hope it goes well.

yesterday's food was strange as I predicted. dmv is done and I'm officially a GA resident again. my first thought was, good i can get my library card redone. im a nerd...

made turkey burgers last night but put too moisture in them so they didn't hold together well :(

food today will be:

egg whites/turkey sausage

chicken/cheese in 1/2 pita

unsure

dinner meatloaf which was last nights turkey that i &^&^% up so made into meatloaf... lol

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 51 views
Recent Topics