What's on your Wednesday Menu?

cheapskate
on 7/28/21 5:07 am, edited 7/27/21 10:16 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

QOTD: our big ?pandemic purchase? was a cappuccino maker so I prefer making it at home. My husband roasts his own beans and all that jazz, what could be better?

indo adore dunkins iced coffee with blueberry but I have a new iced coffee maker Coming tomorrow so I?ll probably move to that.

we live In VERY rural Iowa so there is no coffee, we have to go 45 minutes to the big city. And there's no Dunks there either.

food for my day!

coffee with half and half

shake(s)

i made delicious taco meat

yeaterday so maybe a couple of street tacos? I had nachos yesterday with quest chips but Im out

of chips(sad bear). ordered more from target but they won't be here until friday(red card rocks!)

Christina135
on 7/28/21 5:31 am, edited 7/27/21 11:14 pm

Mernin' errybody! JB, I have my fingers and toes ALSO crossed for you on the interview. I am SURE you were a shining star!

QOTD - There's a local place, a few streets down called Barrio Barista. https://www.barriobarista.coffee/press I love it, great coffee and they do vegan tacos (veggie on corn). They used to be a butcher shop so, they also do regular tacos. If you know you know, and one of the things they do is barbacoa. When I used to eat meat, barbacoa was a Sunday staple (if you're Mexican, or grew up with Mexicans, or in South Texas, you know...). Theirs is hands down the best ever made. They do a barbacoa grilled cheese and even though I wouldn't eat it now, I can absolutely say it's to die for. It's family owned, and the coffee drinks are super good. Horchata lattes, mochas, etc. Even the house coffee is super good! Chill vibe, they used to do poetry slams, etc.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - leftover taco fixin's with Julio's chips for lunch

Snack - fruit, whatever I can find in breakroom.

Dinner - Burgers for hubs and mother in law, I have no idea for me. It's so dang hot. Maybe some pasta and veggies, maybe some candy. The world just never knows.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Queen JB
on 7/28/21 2:53 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Thank you!

OMG you have a coffee/taco place?! This needs to happen in my life. If I don't get this job I might just open a coffee/taco shop of my own, lol!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 7/28/21 6:02 am, edited 7/27/21 11:07 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We are all cheering you on!!

QOTD: I'm a Starbucks girl.

TSS: 6 years, 11 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and an apple

L: Deli turkey, spinach, shredded cheese, SF pudding and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an orange and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Pork loin, cauliflower with sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: I am taking a rest day today.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1445 Protein:133 Carbs: 103 Fat:58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 7/28/21 2:54 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Thank you!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/28/21 6:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have my documentary film discussion group this morning, then I'm headed out to a nursing home this afternoon to meet my newly assigned "ward" (I'm a court-appointed legal guardian) as well as the staff I'll be working with (have already emailed and talked to them via phone, but I want to meet them in person). Tomorrow we have a meeting with our estate attorney in the morning and then I have to take my mother to a doctor's appt in the afternoon. And Friday - vet appointment. I hate having a bunch of scheduled things. God forbid we're ever in a position where I have to get a job again - I do love my freedom and schedule flexibility!

water aerobics went well yesterday - I was able to stay the whole hour. So I'll go back to doing that 1-2x a week. The other days I'll bike - but it's still too hot for that. Maybe next week I can get back to that, too.

I have a birthday coming up and was originally planning to get the same tres leches cake that I got for my 60th (last year), but I've registered for a "back on track" class for post-ops through my bariatric clinic that meets every Monday afternoon in August, so i'm not sure getting a tres leches cake is the best idea. They come from a Mexican bakery in town, and they are ENORMOUS. We ended up with AT LEAST half of it last year after the birthday dinner with the family, and I do NOT need half of a huge cake in my basement fridge to be picking at for a week. So I might make this mango cheesecake recipe that I found online the other day that looks scrumptious. Probably almost as bad calorie-wise, but I'm thinking it might be eaten up a lot faster than that gynormous cake, so it might be only a day or two of indulgence as opposed to a whole week...

QOTD: I live in city with a huge university, so there are coffee shops everywhere, including lots of local ones. One of my favorite ones closed during the pandemic, but several others have survived. Even though the names won't mean anything to you since they're local, some of our favorites are Grace, Firefly, Prairie, and Oasis.

B: half cup of plain skyr over 1/4 C protein oatmeal, topped with one of my homemade fruit compotes. Coffee with half & half

MS: film group is meeting at a coffee shop, so I'll get an iced latte made with 2% milk and sugar free syrup

L: chickpea/miso spread on 35-calorie bread with tomato and cucumber slices

AS: 1/2 a protein muffin, maybe a L&F yogurt

D: not sure - maybe half a vegan Thai "burger" on 1/2 slim bun and some coleslaw made with Asian-style dressing

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 7/28/21 6:38 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Still too warm and sticky here in San Diego. This is NOT what I am paying sunshine tax for, people! I had my hard shell, fried crunchy beef taco yesterday and there are not words to describe how wonderful it tasted. Really scratched an itch for me. One and done. So, so good. Today after a (looks to be) busy day at work, I have to rush home and make dinner for four. My husband invited a pickle ball friend to come to dinner to meet our good friend that we have dinner with every night. My husband is like a small boy about things. He is excited for this evening, so he invited this chick to come about 5. I don't get home until 4:45 most days and I have to change and prep the meal. Sigh. He'll have to entertain her while I prep and until our friend Kevin gets there. Maybe she's a cribbage player? That will keep them busy at the table while I get things going.

QoTD: I have no coffee game since I am not allowed to drink it. Booo Hiss! I miss a great coffee.

Menu:

b: 3 oz smoked turkey leg meat, 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: 3 oz chicken chipotle cranberry meatballs, 1 oz "bread cheese". I found this at the market and it looks amazing and has zero carbs. I thought it would match the sweetness of the cranberry since it says to serve with honey as a serving idea. https://carrvalleycheese.com/product/bread-cheese/

D: roasted chicken leg meat, feta cheese and broccolini with blistered tomatoes served on a bed of linguine for those that eat carbs. My husband made home made vanilla ice cream and lemon bars for dessert. So I am sure to have one or two bites of each.

S: beef jerky, cheddar Whisps

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 7/28/21 11:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Have you tried the cheddar ranch Whisps yet? I found them at Aldi for a special buy. They are my now favorite Whisp.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 7/28/21 11:49 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I just bought a bag on Sunday! I'm saving them for a special treat when all my friends are eating crackers and crostini's! Have not tried them yet, but I am excited to try!

Sheila_H
on 7/28/21 7:07 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning menu fam!

I saw a funny meme about sharing food with gf/wife that said her fries are hers, but my fries are also hers! In the old days, pre op, this was very true for me.

If y'all could see Luna with her new haircut you'd die. This was a total grooming failure! Because half of her body was shaved after the attack, I told the groomer to make the hair around it conspicuous or kinda gradual. I just didn't expect poor Luna to get a buzz cut all over. She looks like when she was a 6 month old puppy. Thank god hair grows. And we have colorful T-shirts to wear when she goes to the park. At the moment she doesn't look like a Sheltie.

QOTD: There is a local place called cat & cloud. Their lavender honey latte is YUM! Then there is Companion which has pastries to die for, and their coffee art work is at a totally different level. But if I want just a straight up americano starbucks is my place because I can order online and dash in and pick it up.

My meals yesterday

• B: coffee + lemon blueberry scone (somebody gotta sacrifice and eat those scones so I volunteered)
  • L: skipped
  • S: barebell white chocolate bar
  • D: a bowl of posole + 2 street tacos (made with cauliflower thins)
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 50 minutes weight training

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views