What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/31/21 1:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin menu crew. Hope that you're all well.

Today looks to be boring and that's ok with me. I finally found a place that had the pain med I was prescribed and they didn't accept my insurance...of course. The lady who checked me out found a coupon that cut the price to 20 something. Walmart's pharmacy I use is just worthless anymore. I asked them if other Walmart's would have it and they said probably not...we're to busy to check. So I'll be switching to either a different walmart or another pharmacy. Walgreens is out since they don't take my insurance.

Last night our cat Percy went crazy and it turns out a skink got into the house. It lost its tail but we were able to catch it and release it back outside. I felt so bad for it. I love lizards.

QOTD: Yesterday JB asked what kind of car you have but today I'm wondering what is your dream car?

I'm not sure about me...I'd kind of like a restored Ford Falcon...no particular year but my grandpa used to have one and I have fond memories. When I was a kid I always wanted a Ford F-150. Being tall I wish my mom had something with a higher clearance.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake

D: fish, stir fry and riced cauliflower

S: not sure at this point. Probably GF toast with alloutte cheese spread and maybe some fruit of some kind.

this pic was on my memories on FB this morning.

GracielaSusana
on 7/31/21 5:44 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Dream car? I don't really have one. Now that I am older and want comfort for longer trips, it would be a Lincoln Navigator, the one I am thinking of is 90k. So no, I won't be getting that.

Menu. Tuna salad, yogurt and then I don't know. At noon, we girls are heading to Marco for our beach week. We have rented a condo so there is a kitchen, but we will do a lot of eating out.

Yesterday I went to Bahama Breeze and had a cup of Bahama Seafood Chowder, I thought it would be a tomato base like conch chowder, but no. Cream base, I didn't thin to ask. I ate half of it and it gave me terrific gas. TMI.

catwoman7
on 7/31/21 6:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'

we're going to a BBQ this afternoon, so I'm going to try to eat lightly the rest of the day since I'm not sure what's in store at the BBQ or how "good" I'm going to be (I'm intending to be, but I know myself too well...).

We have a stretch of beautiful days coming up (sunny and high 70s/low 80s), which will be perfect for biking and walking. YAY!! Otherwise, not much on the agenda for the near future.

QOTD: I've never been into cars - I just want something dependable. We're a Honda family...I think between the two of us, we're on our fifth one. I usually buy one that's two or three years old with very low mileage (our last purchase only had 8000 miles on it - must have been leased by some senior who only used it for weekly trips to the grocery store). Then we drive them until the wheels fall off. We usually get well over 200K miles on them. I had one CRX that I bought in my early 30s (it was a two-seater sports car); the rest have all been Civics. I suppose at some point I'll need to go to a small SUV (like the CRV) if my mobility takes a hit in a few years (my mom has a horrible time getting in and out of my Civic - hopefully I won't get to that point, but if so, a CRV may be fine)

B: Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I think I might make a protein mug cake in hopes that all the protein will help keep me from splurging at the BBQ

AS: at the BBQ. I know she's going to have a veggie tray and hummus and strawberries, so I'll nosh on those

D: not sure. I know she's having vegan hotdogs - not sure what else. I can always just continue with the above appetizers, too (although hopefully not too much hummus! It's healthy - but high in calories)

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 7/31/21 7:49 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Up and waiting on the grandkids to arrive. We are working on mapping out a road trip in October to San Francisco in the RV. Challenging to say the least! We've got swimming and veggie picking and lunch out on the books today. They are supposed to start "mudding" the house today, but no action yet. Really want this whole process over.

QoTD: I'm going big and go with a convertible Bentley.

Menu: lots of unknowns today. I'm going to do the best I can!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 7/31/21 9:40 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Saturday

not much going on this weekend. Some more homework as the semester is quickly closing in on the end. My daughter has been at horse camp all week so we pick her up today. They will have a short demonstration for us to see. Maybe kayaking at the lake

I am excited I am now in "onederland" weight wise I am not sure if any of you remember the Biggest Loser? Once the contestants get below 200 pounds they would say they were in onederland. about 2 more pounds and I will be down 100 from my highest!

Q: I am not sure on the vehicle. Maybe a top of the line F150 or F-250. We have a F-150 and they have about every option available as a luxury car. Maybe a Tesla...

B: oikios Greek yogurt

L: tbd

D: tbd

S: frozen Greek yogurt

E: off

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 7/31/21 10:47 am - Warren, OH

I loved the Biggest Loser. The ladies at Weigh****chers used to use Onederland and also Tooterville for being under 300 pounds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 7/31/21 9:44 am - Warren, OH

Because I worked for General Motors, I always want a brand new car with every possible bell and whistle. Last time, they had to go over 300 miles away to find the color and features I was insisting on. I did not drive much before and even less since the pandemic. The car I bought in January 2018 has not yet passed 12,000 miles. Because I plan to keep them for ten years or more, they have to be my current dream car. Not at all practical, but fun.

I remember wanting a little red corvette when I was in high school. My boyfriend and I would go to the dealership and just dream about buying one. When my brother graduated high school, he gave our mother an ultimatum. Either she would sign for him to buy a new corvette, or he would join the Marines. She refused to sign. He told me he was on that bus going to basic training and thinking, "I really showed her".

Then when they put him on the plane for Vietnam, he wrote me a letter about what a stupid decision he had made and he hoped he would not die because of it. He was one of the lucky ones. The plane stopped to refuel in Hawaii. They took some of the soldiers off and gave them jobs repairing tanks in Hawaii. He spent his enlistment time there and even got a medal for heroism when he rescued a surfer in distress.

When I finally got to the point in life where I could buy the Corvette, I found them too low to the ground and uncomfortable to ride in. I am sure my next car will be an SUV, because it will be easier to get into than the Ford Fusion I have now. But I have no plans to replace the Fusion now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 414 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 110 views