What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/10/21 1:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello Hello Friday Gang! We made it to REAL Friday and not the one I was imagining yesterday when I posted.

My meeting with the boss was good I guess. I said all the things. He is not really an "action" guy, more of a "let me think about thinking about it" guy. He's very nice and well intentioned, but I am not going to get any immediate support. I still feel better for having said it, though.

Ok in other ****ty news, is every other state dealing with a really bad school bus driver shortage? It's really bad here, so parents are driving their kids which means the traffic is INSANE. It used to be that leaving at 5:30am got me to work in exactly 1 hour, but yesterday it took me two hours and the last full hour was just the last 2 miles. I was losing my mind. Going home was even worse. I have no idea what I am going to do if it continues like this!

Pics this week is of my cute boys!

Well, I can't beat Jim's QOTD from yesterday (I have some questions about how the Northeast Map was drawn, btw, but since I think I live in Nutella country I am cool with it...) but here is my attempt:

QOTD: Rank your top 3 favorite drug store candies! I am going with:

1. Kit Kat
  2. Twix
  3. Swedish Fish

Food was great yesterday! And I am down almost another slow and steady pound this week. It's really remarkable that not only has my hunger not returned after that stomach bug, but I also feel noticeably fuller faster... to the point of my nose running after the slice of thin crust pizza last night. I feel like a newbie again, except that I am losing a few ounces a week instead a few pounds. But something feels very noticeably different?

B: Protein Coffee & Egg Bite

L: Deli Meat Roll Ups

S: Chomps

D: Thin Crust Pizza

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 1:34 am - TX

Good mornin JB and everyone!

I have an appointment with the pain management clinic this afternoon. Other than that and a trip to pick up a prescription at Walmart there isn't much planned for the day. I'm really just so exhausted.

I had a bad mental health day yesterday. Wanted to throw in the towel. Hopefully that'll pass soon.

QOTD:

1. Take 5
  2. kit kat
  3. mr.goodbar

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake

D: chicken enchiladas if I can find good tomatillos for the sauce and some riced cauliflower

S: L&F yogurt, protein bar and ???

My pics are of cats too! Love your babies markings JB!

paint me like one of your French girls jack.

Sometimes life is like sunshine and rainbows ... other times it's a big steaming pile of . . .well you know what.

Just keep swimming!

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 1:39 am - TX

PS: big time bus driver shortages here as well.

Sometimes life is like sunshine and rainbows ... other times it's a big steaming pile of . . .well you know what.

Just keep swimming!

momyshaver
on 9/10/21 3:35 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Beautiful cats. We have 4 that we adopted and they give us lots of love and entertainment, for sure. I hope that you have a better mental health day. I have had a few dark days too and it is hard to push through but thankfully I have a decent therapist and some good coping skills...and a bit of good medication, lol. Life is hard and weird right now for many people so I hope you realize you are not alone although during those dark times it really doesn't feel like any of that matters. I am glad you are still here posting and contributing to the community. Have you done any new jewelry lately? I noticed on your menu post you drink PP also. What is your favorite flavor? I saw they have a new cake batter flavor but I don't think I could bring myself to even try to drink it lol.

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 5:21 am, edited 9/9/21 10:21 pm - TX

Considering all I?ve got going on I think my mental health has been rather ok. It?s seems that when TOM visits my moodiness and depression really take a dip for a few days. The meds have really saved me and I need to get back to my psychologist before the end of the month(I've had a lot of appointments this month and she is out of town for half of it too.)

I?ve been working on some ornaments! I need to make a few more but I love them so far(someone ordered a group :o) ). I need to make some to sell on Etsy but with my back problem and a likely serious surgery for it I?ll be out of commission for a long while. Not looking forward to that on many levels! lol

I just saw that new flavor. Not my thing either. I would try one but I wouldn?t buy a case of it not knowing. I think my favorite would be cookies and cream(or whatever the official name is if not that) followed by vanilla since I can mix it with frozen fruit. I tried the peanut butter and chocolate and it is just soooooo sweet and I didn?t care for the cinnamon roll. I do really like the oats varieties. The blueberry one is my fav of those as it?s not overly sweet.

thanks!

Just keep swimming!

Maddymoe2
on 9/10/21 5:06 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I hope your appointment goes well today and you get some relief.

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 5:22 am - TX

Thanks, me too!

Just keep swimming!

Emiepie
on 9/10/21 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hoping today is better for you. Remember, you're strong and will get through this.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW 291.4/CW 135-140 (03/2020)GW 150

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 6:51 am - TX

Thanks so much! I often forget that I'm pretty tough and pretty stubborn!

Just keep swimming!

Queen JB
on 9/11/21 2:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I wish you could come take portraits of my kitties!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 62 replies · 625 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 310 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 529 views
Whats on your Thursday Menu?