What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

momyshaver
on 9/10/21 3:30 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Happy Friday, Everyone. This week just flew by. I am sorry you are going through the work stress JB. My partner has many work meetings and chronic staffing shortage in their field and it has been a real mess for a long time. The highest-ups don't seem to hear the input that will correct the issues. It is hard. We don't have bus drivers here for middle school or high school. (They either walk, take the city bus which is very very unsafe or parents drive them. Very fiscally irresponsible and actually our school system was sort of taken over by the local university as a result. BIG MESS. We homeschool so thankfully we avoid a lot of it but it really is symptomatic of the larger community in a lot of ways. :/ )

My daily menus are still not on point but my labs are looking much better and I am at a healthier weight although I still have the GJ tube. My next goal is to maintain, I guess, while incorporating how a bypass food plan and fluids, etc. I usually start my day with a cup of coffee with PP as the creamer. Some fluids I drink do sometimes leak from my stoma, which is really frustrating but I am not giving up. I find a lot of inspiration in the daily menu threads.

Candies would be...

1. dark chocolate covered raisins
  2. dark chocolate covered peanuts
  3. dark chocolate covered cashews
  4. bonus (a mix of all 3! ;) )

Partlypollyanna
on 9/10/21 4:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good to see you here!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 5:25 am - Amarillo, TX

The work situation sounds so frustrating!

now I'm craving dark chocolate covered nuts LOL

momyshaver
on 9/10/21 5:50 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I just think...hey, nuts are protein, right? (I conveniently neglect the usually dismally small serving size and sugar content of the coating!) I really need to get back to a bariatric meal plan now that my weight and lab work has stabilized. My body just does not feel good with the food I have allowed myself and bad habits are bad habits when health is what we should be aiming for. Back to the drawing board as it stands lol

Emiepie
on 9/10/21 5:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you continue to feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 9/10/21 7:11 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I have sold ostomy supplies for the last 24 years and I am surprised you leak sometimes. Do you use a Barrier extender? How about an adhesive Spray? If there is something you think I can help you with please reach out I would be more than happy to point you in a good direction to get samples. I'll PM my number to you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 7:14 am - Amarillo, TX

This is one of many reasons why this group is so awesome.

momyshaver
on 9/10/21 11:41 am
VSG on 06/28/17

If you have any suggestions that I could ask my health supplier about I would love to know. My first site leaked bile so badly and I had to apply a silicone barrier and then cream and still had bad skin breakdown. That site eventually was so compromised the tube had to be pulled. A year passed and a tube was needed again and this new site is much better as far as leakage. I still leak some bile but not anything close to the first site. I have some granulated tissue which I am treating but I think that adds to the leakage. When I asked my surgeon if it was normal to leak things I drank and sometimes ate (ew!!!) she said that it can be normal for some people. I just don't understand how a healed GJ tract can leak from the stoma but it happens for me. It is not constant, thankfully. I am not entirely sure what a barrier extender or adhesive spray is but always looking for things that will help. I am really hoping this tube won't be needed much longer but I think they will want to leave it in for a while just in case it is needed because leaving it in is much less invasive than another surgery. Both of my tube surgeries required extended hospital stays and lots and lots of post-op antibiotics because of unknown hospital-acquired infections. I have a feeling our countries hospitals are going to be very overwhelmed for some time and a lot of people who need care will be falling through the cracks in the meantime.

Teenie
on 9/10/21 12:21 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You can call 1-888-808-7456 at Hollister Inc. This is the consumer line. They have wound care nurses that talk to you. They will come up with some suggestions and send samples. The extenders are little arcs that are made of a hydrocolloid. You can put them underneath the wafer to make the area more symmetrical for the wafer to stick better or can be used over the wafer to make it more secure. I work with some patients that use them on both side. If you are not in the US look up Hollister Ostomy on google. You should be able to pull up your countries contact information. They all are happy to send samples until they get it right. These companies strive to make you comfortable.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 9/10/21 6:50 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Before my dad passed he had his bladder removed (cancer) and required ostomy supplies- I personally had to attend to his needs and the wax ring and adhesive stuff were everything to keeping his stoma and skin healthy, dry and the bag secure. Thanks for all you do for these folks!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics