What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/11/21 12:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday had so much promise...after my appointment I found out that Walmart pharmacy wouldn't get my new strength of pain patches until Monday. I had two left of a small dose and 20 of the smallest dose. I was able to catch the pain clinic before they left for the day. I can't take what I have left of the Tylenol 3s. He said that would get me in trouble and may interact with the Belbuca. So I have to walk on eggshells this weekend. Allllllll of the yays...lol

As for the candy thing yesterday I totally forgot that my most favorite candy I can get at Walmart and such is the coffee peanut M&Ms. soooo dang good and I haven't had them in a long time.

I'm going over to my aunts this afternoon to try out her adjustable bed. I got a prescription for one but it's cheaper to order a base online and pay taxes(the prescription only takes away taxes here in TX) than buying it on Amazon with free delivery. I want to see if I like it first. If I do my mom will probably buy it next week and I'll gladly pay her back when I get the last back payment deposit in November. I'll be getting a twin XL as I don't really have the room for a full one. I may need a headboard but we'll see . I'll also need to rearrange my room so I'll be asking my brother for help there. I literally feel so useless anymore.

QOTD: Who do you look up to the most, and what qualities do you love about that person?

there are two for me. My mom and my late grandpa.

For my mom it's her perseverance to overcome so much. She had little help from family after my parents divorced. Worked her ass off to provide for us. I have so much respect for her. No one is perfect but she is the perfect mom for me.

My grandpa was just such an interesting person. He worked in the CCC camps, hopped trains to get around the west to get to place that had work with picking crops. He provided for his family...he sent money home to help his mom and brothers and sisters(the 14 who lived). He went to war and fought in N.Africa and Italy...even went to the Yugoslavia area after to train people for the Pacific war. After all this he was such a kid at heart. He never lost that. He wasn't perfect either and he nor my mom has ever claimed to be.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: chicken enchiladas

D: same as lunch

S: yogurt, popcorn and ???

We found a cat sitter DVD at the thrift store yesterday...had to get it. Our Percy LOVED it. He sat for 25 minutes watching it until we turned it off for the local news. Such a funny cat.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/11/21 2:53 am, edited 9/10/21 7:53 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Melody, I think you are being too hard on yourself. I don?t have back issues and when I need to do a full rearrange or move heavy furniture, I ask for help and doing so doesn?t make me weak or useless, etc.

i hope you like the bed and it's helpful!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 9/11/21 4:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I know my Achilles hill is my stubbornness and unwillingness to show myself grace. I always strive to be better to myself but it's a long and hard process.

Maddymoe2
on 9/11/21 3:32 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! It's a little after 3 am here. I have been tossing and turning for the past hour, so I thought I would get up.

Melody! I love that you bought your cat a DVD! I wish I lived closer to you. I would totally come over and help you rearrange your room. Be kind to yourself. You do so much for your brother. Asking him for help is okay. I am happy that you are getting a new bed. I hope it brings you relief.

QOTD- My daughter Madeline! I adore her. She is fierce, fiesty and so independent. She has the kindest heart.

I am not sure of the plans for the day. My husband is off for the next 2 weeks. We need to winterize the house. I want to go in the woods today, walk down to the farmers market. For some reason, I am craving biscuits and gravy this morning. I need to stay strong! The scale is down 2.8 lbs this morning. I think it was the hormonal bloat reguardless, I am grateful.

Food plan for today-

eggs and cottage cheese

shredded chicken with pico

grilled fish, zuchinni

I find that I do best when I stick to 3 meals a day, no snacks and eat on a schedule.

Have a great day everyone! Do something nice for yourself.

Melody P.
on 9/11/21 4:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I really don't feel bad for asking my brother for help per say. I just hate feeling helpless I guess. I've always been a "I can do it myself" person and breaking that bad habit is hard. I'm stubborn to a fault.

I must admit I'm excited for a new bed. I actually like my bed I have now but it's rather hard without a topper and it's a little hard to get out of without out additional pain for my back and legs.

Queen JB
on 9/11/21 3:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hehe my cats have some favorite YouTube videos of birds and squirrels that they ask for by name! Fezzie can watch them for hours.

QOTD: Dolly Parton! I have been lately obsessed with this woman for 2 decades but her beautiful philanthropy, dedication to kindness and bringing people UP without taking sides and tearing people down, is so inspiring to me. I wish more people could adopt a WWDD attitude.

Food is way up in the air. I have nothing in the house. On my way to an early haircut then I will stop at Trader Joe's on my way home. I should make a shopping list and a plan for food this week, but I doubt I will have my act together in time. But thankfully I am still not interested in food at all, so I don't think I will be tempted to buy crap.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/11/21 4:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Percy loves watching the tv...he always esp loves cooking shows and the weather on the news!

I just love cats...they are so interesting!

Melody P.
on 9/11/21 4:58 am - Amarillo, TX

This cracked me up this morning!

cheapskate
on 9/11/21 5:54 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I lived on this road when i lived in KC the sinkholes were baad and the houses on this road were old mansions

cheapskate
on 9/11/21 5:50 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I have an adjustable base bed and hubby loves it! We have 2-twin xls pushed together(2 twins are a king). Google zero gravity position, it helps him a lot!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404