What's on your Monday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/13/21 8:41 pm - Warren, OH

One of my nieces was a Cutco salesperson when she was in college. They are not door to door anymore. They call people that they know and come to your house to sell to you. Their stuff is expensive, but lasts forever.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 9/13/21 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I got the hand chopper(it is life changing) however found a brand new one at the flea market yesterday for $1. Winning!!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 9/13/21 7:58 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I think it was really great that you were stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Hope you can reschedule.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 9/13/21 4:55 am, edited 9/12/21 9:55 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning QJB and Menu-ers!

my weekend was good! Did everything that I planned and ready for the week!

QOTD - nope and I?ve become very strict about not participating with people who are in a mlm unless it?s something I would need otherwise. MLMs seem to ask you to ask your friends to fund your lifestyle. I have friends that are true small business owners and if I need something their business provides, I use them, recommend them, etc so I do the same thing with MLM friends to - but only when it?s needed.

I have fasting blood tests this morning so have 4 more hours to coffee or food.

menu should be

taco meat

left over filet with blue cheese

coffee with half and half eventually

have a great Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/13/21 6:17 am - Warren, OH

I don't get roped into mlm with friends. But when my nieces send me an invitation to one I always buy because I can't say no to family.

They are young and I figure that at least they are making an effort to do something instead of just asking for money. They do learn, most after one or two parties, that the money does not just come in like magic.

catwoman7
on 9/13/21 5:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

UGH. I went down to the basement at 6:00 a.m. to get a couple of bottles of flavored water for today and noticed the freezer door on the basement fridge was ajar. Fortunately, most of the stuff was still frozen (and we don't have a lot of meat in there - and most of the meat that IS in there was still totally or partially frozen (it's way in the back and all stacked together), but the ice cream was a mess (I'll try refreezing it - but it may be beyond hope), bags of berries were thawed (but those can be safely and easily refrozen), and there were two microwavable meals plus a package of pork that were still cool, but mostly thawed. So I guess we'll be having microwavable meals for lunch, and pulled pork for dinner. Not sure how that happened - something must have shifted around in there or the door was never fully closed or something. But at least most of what's in there is salvageable!

well good news on the MIL front. DH has to go into the office tomorrow (he'll be going in two days a wee****il further notice - they're rotating staff), and he wants to get there early, so he told her he wouldn't be able to spend the night tonight but that he'd be available by phone if something happened overnight. And we're only ten minutes away from her, so he could be there quickly. She then replied that in that case, maybe she would be OK if he was just "on call" at night from now on. THANK GOD. So then he told her that she might be at the point where all she'd need would be for one of us to stop by every day for an hour or so to check up on her and to do anything she needed doing (like scoop the litter box or make a grocery store run). And she agreed!! (honestly, I think she was at that point a week ago, but it's taken her awhile to come around). And she also said she wants to see a psychiatrist about her panic attacks and meds. YAY!! DH had brought up seeing her PCP about the attacks/meds a couple of days ago and she blew up at him, but now she seems to be OK with it (other than she said a psychiatrist rather than her PCP - although that's really even better since they're a lot more familiar with the various drugs). I'm so happy - this craziness may be about to end!

I don't have anything going on today other than I noticed that my favorite Aqua Zumba instructor is back after a three-year hiatus. I noticed the other day that she was teaching a class at one of the branches of my gym on the other side of town on Friday mornings - but I noticed last night she has a second class at yet another branch - on Monday mornings! So I'm going this morning. I don't normally go to classes at the other branches, but for her, I will. I like that class so much better than the daily water aerobics class they have at MY branch. It's more fun, more intense, and has better music. I'm so glad she's back!!!

QOTD: no way. I couldn't give anything away, let alone sell it! I never wanted to join Girl Scouts since that would involve selling cookies!

(I just changed my menu due to the freezer incident....so here goes:)

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: microwavable dish - probably the chicken enchilada bowl

AS: protein muffin or whole wheat crackers with hummus

D: pulled pork, Mexican-style corn on the cob

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 9/13/21 5:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Eck about the freezer...have had that happen and lost a bunch of meat.

Good news about your MIL. Very good news.

White Dove
on 9/13/21 6:24 am - Warren, OH

Sorry about the freezer incident. A few weeks ago, I kept hearing a beep in the kitchen. It was every ten minutes or so. I checked smoke alarms, phones, could not think what it could be.

Turned out that the freezer drawer on the refrigerator was cracked open a tiny bit. I lost the ice cream and all of the ice cubes were partly melted and refrozen into a big block. I had just used up all of the meat, so did not lose much, but if I ever hear that weird beep again I will know what it is.

I am glad that the MIL is being reasonable again. That was an ordeal for you.

Emiepie
on 9/13/21 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great news on your MIL!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 9/13/21 5:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB-it sounds like the weekend was just what you needed. Mine was pretty low key aside from doing some prep for the upcoming fumigation.

QOTD: Nope, I've been to many parties though.

TSS: 7 years

B: SF latte, Jimmy Dean scramble, and an apple

L: Tuna packet, baby carrots, SF pudding and a pear

S: Mixed nuts, an orange and yogurt

D: Shredded chicken, Chompie's toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1435 Protein:146 Carbs: 106 Fat:49

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics