What's on your Tuesday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/14/21 4:59 am - Warren, OH

The headline on my computer this morning is about the National Guard driving kids to school during the bus driver shortage in Massachusetts.

The one time I looked into Fat Acceptance, they were so against weight loss surgery. Not something I could relate to.

There is no way I would have accepted being fat when I did not have to be. I never felt discriminated against and have seen many very heavy and still very successful people.

I go by "what others think of me is none of my business" and do what works for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 9/14/21 5:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I'm glad things are feeling a bit better! You're only one person and can only do so much.

QOTD: I think everyone should be accepted for who they are but supported if they want to change anything about themselves.

TSS: 7 years

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded chicken, garlic toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1507 Protein:137 Carbs:132 Fat:50

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 9/14/21 5:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

We found out yesterday that Marilyn's car is going to be totaled. It's about six and a half years old. Her plan was to drive it a few more years and then give it to my youngest for when he moved off campus in his sophomore or junior year.

Marilyn " I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new car"

But also Marilyn " Ooh that's nice, what is that one?"

Me, "Um, that's a Mercedes G Wagon"

"Are they expensive?"

"you could say that"

With the G wagon ruled out, I think that she is going to look at Ford Bronco, Jeep and Land Rover. We are not sure if the Bronco is a car that you can actually buy any time soon. (except for Bronco Sport)

My back is slowly feeling a little better, but I think its going to take a week or so.

QOTD: This isn't something that I know a lot about. My gut feeling is that this movement is mostly young people, because they haven't started to have the physical problems yet, and are focused on mainly on the the emotional issues accompanying obesity. But I don't have any data to back that up.

I remember one of the older posters saying that if you want to see how committed the BAM women really are watch what happens when the men they know lose weight.

Breakfast: turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

lunch: salad

dinner: chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 9/14/21 6:26 am - Warren, OH

We looked into a Bronco a few weeks ago and were told one would not be available before January. Due to chips not available.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 9/14/21 7:12 am
RNY on 08/29/18

That's our concern. Marilyn doesn't want to be driving her convertible in Chicago during January.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 9/14/21 7:18 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good luck with the Bronco they took the order sight down. You can not order one at this time. And there are no premade ones they are by order only. I just feel bad you have to buy right now. It is a sellers market out there. She may want to get a Subaru until the bubble breaks. It holds its value the most of any brand so you won't lose much by the time the car she really wants is available at a reasonable cost. Good luck with this one.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 9/14/21 7:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Subaru is actually what my youngest wants her to get, and he would take it in a couple of years.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/14/21 8:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think there are a lot of people that don't realize how jacked up the global supply chain is right now...and it won't be a fast fix.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/14/21 8:40 am
RNY on 11/21/16

If they had a Bronco available when we just bought, that is what I'd be driving right now!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 9/14/21 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

well it's not supposed to rain today (I don't think...), and I need to do both cardio and weights, so I'm thinking I'll bike over to the gym this morning. DH is going into the office today, so he asked me to go over to MIL's apt this afternoon to keep her company for an hour or so and do the litter box, and to be around when the physical therapist and occupational therapist are there. That's fine. I've already decided it was fine for one of us to go over there for an hour or two a day to do some things she still isn't able to do -- I just didn't want to continue doing that 16-20 hour a day babysitting crap anymore. Physically, she doesn't need it at this point. Other than that, nothing really on the agenda other than to get on top of my classes - I haven't done much with them so far in light of everything else that's going on (luckily, it's only the second week, so I'm not TOO far behind...).

QOTD: I have mixed feelings. Yes - I do agree that everyone should be accepted, but I don't like their position on weight loss surgery - and I think people SHOULD strive to be healthy and develop healthier habits regardless of their weight, which I'm not sure they really do.

I don't have an ironclad menu planned for today, so this is likely to change, but..

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half (feeling uncomfortably full this morning for some reason - I suspect because I've been eating a lot of fiber lately that hasn't made it's way through my system yet. But I need to have something before exercising...)

MS: either Greek yogurt with fruit compote, or cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie (also with fruit compote)

L: protein muffin or the other microwable enchilada bowl that accidently got (mostly) thawed in the freezer incident yesterday

AS: whole wheat crackers with hummus, maybe?? (although I'll likely be at MIL's then - so maybe just a snack-sized protein bar)

D: whatever I don't have for lunch I'll probably have for dinner

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?