What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Christina135
on 9/14/21 6:13 am

Good morning, happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - I think everyone's body is none of my business. I wish my family would have shut the hell up when I was a (NOT FAT) kid and not made comments, it may have saved me years of tormenting myself with every diet known to man, and maybe I wouldn't have ever needed WLS. This morning, I weighed 126. My highest before surgery was 252. And yet, I am immensely unhappy with my weight, my body, and I am still working on loving my physical self. So, if there is a movement to allow people to love themselves I am 100% behind it. One of my favorite models happens to be a fat Black Muslim woman and she is absolutely GORGEOUS. She's opened my eyes to so many of the issues that are prevalent to women, not just fat women, but women of color, Muslim women, etc. in the modeling world and in the world in general, and she is unapologetically HERSELF y'all. I aspire to be just myself, unapologetically.

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee, water

Lunch - did not plan. Yesterday was a delicious Wendy's salad (with fries on the side, SOOO good) so thinking today, maybe veggie pizza?

Dinner - made black bean salad, so maybe that over some brown rice and fruit salad

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 9/14/21 6:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Sounds like someone is getting familiar with her new role and it is getting more comfortable. That is great considering the short amount of time you have been at it. I hope this all works out for you.

This will be a short week for me. I am hosting friends from out of town on Thursday so I decided that Friday will be a day off. I also signed up for a 5K on Saturday morning but there morning and my morning are 2 different mornings. Race doesn't start till 9.30am. But it ends at an Oktoberfest celebration. That probably means I'll be having a beer to celebrate my finish. Any sooner that 10:00 am drinking a beer probably wouldn't look good unless it is the 4th of July. Tonight I will pick Bestie up from Airport and help her make Pizzellas for her nieces wedding. I think were doing 1 dozen eggs but who knows she may want to do 2 . It won't take too long we have 2 irons. I need to run to Aldi today and get some Mango Salsa for the Fish tacos I will have available on my Taco bar. So I'll be busy the next couple days and hopefully to busy to snack.

QOTD: I have had too many Friends and family member succumb to obesity related health issues to get on board to cheer for fat people. Hence the reason I finally made the choices I made. However I do sympathize with them because I obviously know the struggle and you can be treated very badly just for your size. I have many stories I can tell. I'm glad it is in the past.

Accountability: Aldi dill popcorn.

TSS: 3 years 9 Months 3 days: 138.8 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Lite and fir Banana Greek yogurt and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

L. RGF breakfast sandwich and snack select

D: Not sure yet. Looks life it may be RGF poppers.

Exercise: 3.1 mile run. (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 9/14/21 8:04 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Boy, our internet is really cranky this morning! I'm sure it's tired of our heat. I sure am. I had a successful day yesterday and got some stuff done. Got my calories under control. Need to get off the pounds from my little kid eating binge and drinking in TX. I wasn't there long enough to actually own these couple of pounds I put on, I'm sure it sodium and my body trying to figure out what to do with all the fat and butter. Hopefully by Friday they will be gone! Today is all work with nothing fun planned at all.

QoTD: I don't think I've ever really dealt much with this. I never really felt obese. (except in photos, and then, oh Lordy!!) My family and friends just always made me feel cute and loved. So many were shocked when I decided on this surgery. I based my decision on my body pain, and how uncomfortable I had become. I'm really glad I took the leap. I also think:

• Hands off my body. My body, my decisions. Like it or leave me.
  • I am trying really hard not to be a judgey previously fat person, but I get so freaked out when I see MO person load their plates down
  • I also feel badly when I see a MO person and wonder if they are aware there are some options available to them
  • I truly like people for their insides. And again, hands off my body. My hands off yours. Do what you chose.
  • Conflicted.

Menu:

B: beef jerky, yogurt, small piece of cornbread. (I drug this home from TX it is so good, and I am going to knowingly and happily eat every bite. A little a day, until it's gone. With no shame)

L: pork rib meat, fresh corn, 2 tbsp's mashed potatoes

D: pork tenderloin. I cooked this all day yesterday to make it very low fat pulled pork. Apple coleslaw, a bit of cheddar cheese.

S: I'm going to try and skip snack today, but if not, a little more beef jerky.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 9/14/21 8:28 am, edited 9/14/21 2:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Glad to hear your getting the hang of your new work flow ~ may it continue to get better, QJB! Yesterday was so busy. The interviews went really well. For the first time in a coons age, we had mostly great people. We had to narrow our yes list and that never happens. That, along with a few fires to put out made the day fly. Today should be similar. I have a couple phases of software testing to do all morning and a dentist appt this afternoon. It's a busy week for sure.

QOTD - This is a tough question for me. I wish life had been more like this when I was growing up overweight - acceptance, accessible plus sized clothing and even that women of all sizes are beautiful. When I was growing up, overweight people were made to feel so ashamed of the way they looked and it was normal for people to comment on it as well! That is why I wanted to lose weight my whole life which is probably why it didn't wor****il it became about health and I had RNY. I have the most painful feelings about being 300 pounds still and even though I weight 200 pounds - so not where I want to be, I would hate to ever weigh more again. I have always had a hard time being happy/proud of the way I look. I think it's because my self worth is hardwired to the number on the scale. I will say I'm pretty impressed by those that love themselves and are proud of their bodies.

ETA - switch Monday menu for Tuesday

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

lmfontana4
on 9/14/21 1:21 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Afternoon Peeps,

Not much to report on the home front. Did the usual hike with my daughter on Friday and Sunday. I really need to get back in the routine of the yoga and weight lifting every other day. I have found that I don't like to be inactive during the day. This is especially true if I have not plans. I actually organized some rooms, dusted and vaccuumed my house yesterday! Not much into cleaning if I can get away with it. Don't get me wrong my house is not a pigsty, I like it to be orderly and clean.

QOTD: I really liked Lisa91941's answer to this questions. I agree that we shouldn't judge people on their weight. However, I think that the famous people who support this cause are influencing young people to think that it is ok health wise to be heavy. The reality is that very few overweight people are psychologically happy with the way they look and feel, it takes a very strong person to feel good about themselves in our body conscious world. I don't really support the movement and don't really think about it.

B: 1 egg, 2 sl bacon, 1/4 c hashbrowns, cold brew coffee with 2 tbsp half n half

L: 3/4 c Chicken, grape and cauliflower bowl

S: Protien oats with collagen

D: 1 c Rotisserie chicken zucchini "ramen" soup

S: 1/2 c frozen chocolate greek yogurt with strawberries

E: 30 min walk, 30 min yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views