Whats on your Wednesday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/15/21 7:06 am - Warren, OH

I am so sorry that all of this is happening with your MIL. People with anxiety get so focused on their insecurities that they don't realize how much they are asking other people to sacrifice for them. I do fear that if you cancel this trip, you are setting a pattern for the rest of her life.

She may be terrified to not have you a phone call away. But as long as you know she has resources available, this vacation might let her see that she can be fine with you away. It might seem mean, but I think what would happen to that anxious person if I was the one to die and I believe that person would quickly find another person to "be their rock".

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/15/21 9:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree with you 100%!!

Emiepie
on 9/15/21 12:27 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I really hope it all works out!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 9/15/21 6:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Work looks busy (NOT JB busy...) today. One of our customers landed a new contract and that's picking up. Hoping for a quick day today. Did not sleep great last night, for no reason, so there may be a lunch time nap required today.

QoTD: I remember that my kids were really little the first time I played, and I learned real fast not to name my family members after my real life. Everybody kept dying! What a morbid game. LOL. I would have hated it in real life, but I think I would have survived. I am very stubborn about getting things done and making things happen.

Menu:

B: 1 hb egg, 1/4 C cottage cheese, last piece of the cornbread from my trip. Worth every calorie.

L: chicken and roasted feta and veggies

D: pollo asada, mexican cauliflower rice, a little guac,

S: beef jerky, whisps Only if needed.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 9/15/21 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Looks like your work life is going to be unstable for a while. I am sorry you have to go through this I also am experiencing work dilemmas. Jen mentioned in the thread yesterday about how jacked up the global supply chain is and me moving medical supplies has been very rough. It is getting worse by the day. I actually had a women send me a couple nasty emails an told me I was a liar when the arrival of her product didn't happen as she wanted. I ship things out Fed-Ex everyday and now they actually send me notices that say this might be delayed with no explanation why. Tell that to an older person sitting there with only one ostomy bag left because Medicare only allows them to get the allowable for the month. Yikes!!!

Well, with that all said at least I am taking Friday off because I am hosting a Taco party tomorrow night. Yeah.

QOTD: Hell No!! I hate dirt I could never go 24 hours without a hot shower. Let alone smelling other people that have not bathed or brushed there teeth. Oh I am gaging just typing this.

Accountability: I grazed dinner but it worked out ok.

TSS: 3 years 9 Months 4 days: 138.4 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Light and Fit Greek Pumkin pie yogurt and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

L. RGF breakfast sandwich and snack select

D: Not sure yet. Looks life it may be RGF poppers.

Exercise: 3.1 mile run. (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 9/15/21 7:16 am - Warren, OH

I think I would have been fine as a pioneer. I do what has to be done and find ways to make it more efficient. I loved the Little House books growing up. They had things hard, but always found a way to solve their problems and they loved and cared for each other.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 9/15/21 2:44 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I had an early morning with a work meeting that went quite well. It is interesting what many of you were saying about the global supplies being behind. The pandemic really did a number on supplies. I was also told that the power outage that Texas had at the beginning of the summer put many factories behind schedule and they still haven't caught up. It probably doesn't help that people haven't wanted to work. So many job openings, it seems that every place has signs up saying they are hiring. In my area, many restuarants have reduced their hours due to staffing shortages.

QOTD: I would like to think that I would have survived the Oregon Trail. I do camp (or glamp in a travel trailer) but I don't like to squat outside to pee (definitely not to poop), I do like my showers, AC and heating. But if you grew up back in those days you would probably be hardier.

B: Triple zero greek yogurt, cold brew with half n half, sf caramel sauce

L: 3/4 c chicken, grape, and cauliflower

D: 3/4 c ground beef with spagetti sauce over zoodles

S: 1/2 c frozen greek yogurt with strawberries

E: 30 min walk, 30 min lifting

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404