What's on your Thursday Menu?

Greateight
on 9/16/21 5:53 am, edited 9/15/21 11:57 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Marilyn drove a Bronco yesterday. There is a dealership that lists each of the new Bronco models as being in-stock. We thought that it was fishy, and sure enough they didn't really have all of them in-stock. But they did have two.

Early afternoon, she mentioned that she wanted to try and check out the dealer. I said that I was sorry, but had a number of calls and couldn't head out. She surprised me by changing into a dress and heading out by herself.

She drove the Bronco and loved it. For those who love to clean, there is a feature on the Badlands model that allows you to remove plugs in the floor of the vehicle and wa**** out with a hose ( I will try and find a picture). The seats in that model are marine grade vinyl. She loves the idea of taking the plugs and hosing it down after a day at the beach or fishing.

She also headed over to the Land Rover dealer to check those out, but thought they were too much luxury and not enough fun, so didn't bother driving one. She has been building models on her IPOD since she has been home. My son will be jealous because she is getting step-up bars. He has wanted step-ups bars on his truck ever since I mentioned that he should install them if he has a shorter girlfriend. Not sure if he understands that the girlfriend does not come with the accessory package.

So, i think that where Marilyn is leaning is towards just ordering a Bronco and waiting. The color that she like is called Cactus Grey (I know what you are thinking Chrissy, and its called Cyber Orange). There are two downsides to this: (1) we will need to share a car in the time between when it is too cold to drive her summer car and when they deliver the Bronco, and 2) if she doesn't buy a new car within 30 days of getting the money from her old one, she will lose the sales tax withheld on the insurance payment.

In any case, that is where she stands. As for me, I may go back to bed after my 8:00 call - its a beautiful cool morning for sleeping.

QOTD: Do naps count?

Breakfast: protein bar

lunch: bratwurst

dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 9/16/21 6:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15
On September 16, 2021 at 12:53 PM Pacific Time, Greateight wrote:

Good morning, everybody!

Marilyn drove a Bronco yesterday. There is a dealership that lists each of the new Bronco models as being in-stock. We thought that it was fishy, and sure enough they didn't really have all of them in-stock. But they did have two.

Early afternoon, she mentioned that she wanted to try and check out the dealer. I said that I was sorry, but had a number of calls and couldn't head out. She surprised me by changing not a dress and heading out by herself.

She drove the Bronco and loved it. For those who love to clean, there is a feature on the Badlands model that allows you to remove plugs in the floor of the vehicle and wa**** out with a hose ( I will try and find a picture). The seats in that model are marine grade vinyl. She loves the idea of taking the plugs and hosing it down after a day at the beach or fishing.

She also headed over to the Land Rover dealer to check those out, but thought they were too much luxury and not enough fun, so didn't bother driving one. She has been building models on her IPOD since she has been home. My son will be jealous because she is getting step-up bars. He has wanted step-ups bars on his truck ever since I mentioned that he should install them if he has a shorter girlfriend. Not sure if he understands that the girlfriend does not come with the accessory package.

So, i think that where Marilyn is leaning is towards just ordering a Bronco and waiting. The color that she like is called Cactus Grey (I know what you are thinking Chrissy, and its called Cyber Orange). There are two downsides to this: (1) we will need to share a car in the time between when it is too cold to drive her summer car and when they deliver the Bronco, and 2) if she doesn't buy an new car within 30 days of getting the money from her old one, she will lose the sales tax withheld on the insurance payment.

In any case, that is where she stands. As for me, I may go back to bed after my 8:00 call - its a beautiful cool morning for sleeping.

QOTD: Do naps count?

Breakfast: protein bar

lunch: bratwurst

dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Cactus Gray? Didn't realize there were gray cacti! Or are all of their colors named after desert items?

Greateight
on 9/16/21 6:54 am, edited 9/15/21 11:56 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Cactus grey vs. Area 51 Blue

Cyber Orange:

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 9/16/21 9:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Cactus Gray and Area 51 Blue - so yea, their colors are named after western things, then. Interesting...

Amy Liz
on 9/16/21 9:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

So jealous of the BRONCO!! I had a 1984 Bronco II, 4x4, with a lift kit that was dark metallic blue - beautiful! Not that I ever went 4 wheeling, but it was the coolest vehicle I've ever owned.

Growing up we had a Dodge van that had the utility flooring and seats. I remember my dad hosing the inside down after trips with our family of 8.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Greateight
on 9/16/21 10:41 am
RNY on 08/29/18

She is still going back and forth. We will see.

catwoman7
on 9/16/21 6:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

well, MIL got a referral to the behavioral therapy unit in her health organization, so hopefully the wheels will start turning. DH still wants to reschedule the trip to Italy so he can be sure she's well on her way to recovery, and also, his work situation is really bad right now (they only have half of a full staff), so hopefully it'll be better in the spring. We may even try to book for May when the academic year is over, since at that point it really won't matter if they're fully staffed or not - things are pretty slow during the summer months. MIL said she'd pay for the rescheduling, so we'll take her up on that. Our airline tix were originally rebookable through March 31, 2022 with no change fee, but I checked with the agent who got our tickets, and he said that has been lifted - so now we can reschedule later than that with no fee (although MIL would have paid the penalty fee, too....). That's good. Otherwise we might have rebooked in March - which wouldn't have been ideal. Temps would have been OK for two hearty Wisconsinites (60-ish), but March can be rainy, and some stuff doesn't open until April since there are so few tourists until then.

I have Mah Jongg this morning and then I'm free. It'll be 80 F today and sunny, so I'll probably get out on my bike to burn off some of this trip and MIL stress...

QOTD: I don't really do anything to be kind to myself, but when I'm feeling stressed I usually get out on my bike. Kayaking is also good for that - although I've only gone once this summer due to being out of commission for most of July (surgery...). Also, mindless internet surfing is good for that, too.

B: pumpkin yogurt with 2 T maple-flavored whipped topping and maybe 2 T granola. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake or protein latte (made with Fairlife)

L: probably the last piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: skyr with either an apple or a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: pulled pork (still haven't made this - so I will today).

have a great day, everyone!

Christina135
on 9/16/21 6:25 am

Mernin' errybody, happy Friday Eve!

QOTD - Napping, yoga, meditation, reading, spending time out in the yard (thats not yardwork), special hot teas...that's my non food self care.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - I'm thinking salata or someone I can get a really good salad

Dinner - I did not plan, but I think we are gonna grab something out

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Lisa91941
on 9/16/21 6:44 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday was a wreck. In every direction it seemed. Lost a big order, lot's of drama with the young crowd at work (thankfully, all personal dramas and not directed against each other) and the day would not end. Dinner turned out good, but I made extra for my girlfriend in care and then got told they have 8 cases of Covid, so no visitors for at least a week. Dammit. Hope today has more sunshine in it.

QoTD: A quiet corner to read for a while. We have a chain here called Happy Head. They do this Asian Fusion massage. You are fully dressed and they spend a lot of time on reflexology on your feet, which I LOVE. 90 minutes for $69. That usually takes my stress level down a few notches. So worth it.

Menu:

B: hb egg, 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: P3 and a few Sonoma crackers

D: Pollo Asada, veggies, black beans

S: jerky

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 9/16/21 6:56 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I love today's Meme. I was cracking up. Yeah for you winning yesterday QJB. Your doing great out there girl.

I didn't get back to read yesterday but I caught up this morning. Trish I am so sorry about the MIL situation. I already threw my hand up on my Mother and have decided that I shall be at her beck and call now till the day she dies. I am just fortunate to have my Brother who pitches in.

Today is my Friday and my Taco party. I will be excited when 3:00 rolls around and I can head home and get everything going. I am really prepared just a couple minor details and get the Guacamole made. The drink tonight is going to be old fashions made with Screwball (peanut butter whisky) I think I need bitters for it so that will be a stop on my way home.

QOTD: I find a Manicure and Pedicure are my treats. But I do it every 2-3 weeks so sometimes it just seems routine and not a treat. I also wish I would get in the habit of treating myself with grocery store flowers but I just find it to be such a waste of money I can't bring myself to buy them.

Accountability: I grazed dinner and ate way to many pizzellas

TSS: 3 years 9 Months 5 days: 138.8 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Light and Fit Greek Caramel Apple pie yogurt and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice l creamer

L. RGF breakfast sandwich and snack select

D: Fish Tacos

Exercise: 3.1 mile run. (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

First Pumpkin cheesecake of the season.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
Queen JB · 43 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?