What's on your Thursday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/16/21 3:32 pm - Warren, OH

What solved that flatulence problem for me was making sure I was not consuming any sugar alcohols. I stopped the sugar-free candies, gum, and mints with ingredients that end in itol. Sorbitol, xylitol, erythritol, maltitol, lactitol. Also isomalt and hydrogenated starch hydrolysates.

My chewable bariatric vitamins and calcium were loaded with these. I learned that packages that say sweetened with Splenda on the label will also have sugar alcohols when you read the ingredient list.

Sugar alcohols cause gas, bloating, diarrheic, and other digestive problems. Splenda does not bother me at all. I do use Gax-X after excessive gas producing foods and it helps a lot.

The other trick that helps is putting your head lower than your knees for a few seconds. It gets rid of the gas with no noise and no odor. If it starts, I bend over and adjust my shoelaces or buckle. It only takes a few seconds and it works. You do have to get your head to the level of your knees.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 9/17/21 4:04 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

White Dove,

Thanks for the advice. I was wondering about the sugar alcohols. I will have to decide if the sf caramal is worth giving up! I have added lactaid to my anti-gas regimen also. Hopefully that will help!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics