What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/5/21 1:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^don't get me wrong, Pumpkin Spice is a close second, but don't make me choose...^^

Good Morning! I am sleepy this morning. I usually wake up feeling pretty refreshed and awake but this morning I just laid in bed for 40 minutes and couldn't move. I hate that! So now I am running late, which also means I am gong to hit school bus traffic so that my 1.5 hour commute will probably take 2.5. Whoops.

QOTD: Do you like to hike? I don't mind a vigorous walk up a well defined path, through the woods...but serious hikers who forge their own way and need a compass? Seems nuts to me! I have a coworker who is always talking about his crazy hikes where they get lost and dehydrated. I don't get the appeal, lol.

Food was a blur yesterday. I forgot to eat until about 2pm and then I suddenly realized I was starving and ate everythingggggg! Nothing off-plan, but I felt like I was cheating by eating it all at once.

B: Protein Coffee

S: 2 Costco Egg Bites

L: Hummus & Thin Pretzels

S: Apple & Cheese

D: alllll the leftovers!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/5/21 2:25 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Promises to be a long day here. I've been up since 1ish. My mom wants to go to the thrift store...pick up my meds...then we have some people trimming our huge elm trees at noon. That's gonna cost us 500+ but they need it so bad. It is sad. They are nearing the end but we're hoping they'll make it a few more years.

My denture was fixed very easily. Just can't eat hard foods for 2-3 days so the glue will set up properly. That was a relief. It almost cost me 115. I paid for it and then she realized my stuff was still under warranty so I'll be getting that refund in a few days. My bank account went ouch but at least it's going back in there soon.

I'm super super itchy this morning. Part of why I haven't gotten much sleep. I tried to lay back down and I just clawed at my skin. Mentally I'm doing a little better which is a win in my book. My Medicaid carrier revamped their website and has incentives and such. I'm excited about it as it also has lots of information. I just wish they'd approve the myelography LOL

QOTD: the last two times I hiked was a disaster. When I was in my late teens I went hiking to Pablo Duro Canyon state park and promptly tripped and landed on a cactus. I was with my brother and his best friend. So I was in the back of an old two door maverick picking those things out of my butt cheek. The last time I was in Rocky Mountain National Park and there was still snow. I once again tripped and fell face first into the HARD snow. I'm not known for being graceful!

B: scrambled JUST egg, cheese and coffee

L: PP shake

D: PP shake

S: broth, small bowl of French onion soup and ???

KalesD
on 10/5/21 2:55 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

The rain finally let up, and I just remembered I only work till 1230 today because I have my one year follow up with my bariatric team.. I believe I'll be discharged from the practice today which is kind of scary - I have a list of questions for them about where I can find appropriate community support if I need it (mostly looking for a recommendations to a dietitian who has worked with bariatric patients)

QOTD: I also enjoy, well marked trail hikes. They can be difficult but don't ask me to use a map or compass to find my way around.

M1: fairlife latte, egg whites, salsa and cheddar

m2: yogurt, blueberries, granola, honey

m3: broccoli, sweet potato & pulled pork

m4: strawberries and some cheese

m5: undecided what I'm making

e: going to class tonight.. I think it's strength x stability.

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

lmfontana4
on 10/5/21 2:14 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

If your bariatric surgeon belongs to a center of excellence for bariatric surgery the recommendations is to follow WLS patients for life. Hopefully, they will want to see you at least annually for f/u. You should still be able to access the dietician for appointments I would think.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

KalesD
on 10/5/21 2:27 pm
RNY on 09/30/20

I'm up in Canada - so it works differently here. Apparently they will call me yearly for a follow up with the nurse and dietitian up until 5 years.. otherwise all care comes from my family dr

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/5/21 2:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Tuesday! I really don't want to go back to work today, I'd love a day just at home...but I have a huge process design to submit tomorrow and I have 6 hours of leading change training today with meetings before, after and in between the 2 3 hour sessions. At least it will speed by!

QOTD - I consider anything that is not sidewalk next to the road a hike and yes, I love it. I try to get in a hike where ever I go and if I can't get a hike, then I try to get a walk. I love early morning hikes in a new place, same with early morning walks in a new city -- something abou****ching the world wake up excites me. On that note, I am nursing a sore ankle and a few bruises after falling on Friday, walking part of the preserved Natchez Trace....I've always known I would have failed as a settler and I can't imagine what it would have been like in non hiking shoes; I mean I don't think 1800 era shoes were known for good tread and grip.

I think today's exercise will just be some foam rolling and stretching, nice and active relaxing.

menu is

coffee plus half and half X 3

Pumpkin Overnight Oats

Skyr

cheddar sausage

Have a fantastic day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 10/5/21 6:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Oh no! Ankles are tricky when twisted. Take good care.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 10/5/21 9:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your ankle feels better soon. Rest and take care.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

GracielaSusana
on 10/5/21 4:20 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD: Hike? Nope. Blisters and bug bites? Nope.

Physical therapy in less than an hour. Only four more weeks of it. I am getting stronger but I am always sore. Afternoon will be taken up by the eye doctor.

Menu. Eh. Nothing sounds good. I haven't been hungry at all this week. I need some new recipes, but hard to find any when nothing sounds good! Late afternoon I will go to the beach, right about the time everyone else is going home, so no crowds.

supershopper
on 10/5/21 4:41 am

hi all

QOTD: yes i would hike but not super long treks where i have to have a lot of gear and camp. I do have walking poles.

i didn't want to get up this morning either. i think its the rainy weather here and that its staying darker later now. we called propane and got our gas ordered yesterday so that was good. we will be fully stocked for winter i think. we also will have the wood burning stove. BUT we think the furnace and AC are on their way out. they are old and I think original circa 1990. the power is still a bit wonky but DH has run new electric lines so that the fridge and micro have their own circut. he has not hooked them up we may have the electrician do that... he has done all the hard stuff.

I have 3 meetings today which require video and I will have to get properly dressed and put on my face here in a bit. also need to figure out my back drop since there was an 'issue' with my banner idea and it came crashing down in the middle of a call-oopps hopefully no one saw it.

food:

coffee. coffee, water

b: probably the french toast egg whites again, i really like it.

s: ?

L: ?

d: the meatloaf i think? need to make it

wow i'm so planned out...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 9 views
Recent Topics