What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/9/21 1:58 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

I had a horrible day of it yesterday. The actual procedure wasn't the bad part...I mean it hurt but the headache I dealt with up until a few hours ago was just horrendous. I was nauseous to the core of me. Almost threw up more than a few times and the dye upset my stomach along with my blood sugar. High as 250 and boy did I feel it. I didn't eat much at all yesterday. 2 saltine crackers, a very small piece of cheese(that I regretted instantly) and a cup of cold brew coffee(I though the caffeine might help my headache...it wasn't finished all the way). Oh and a half a small protein bar. I've not felt that rotten in a really long time. My blood sugar was 150 this morning so it is improving. Going to take it pretty easy on the food situation. Good news is that I've lost 6 pounds...

not to much on the agenda today. I can't shower until around 1 and I still feel rather crappy honestly. My headache is better since I can actually sit up but it's still there.

Feel free to add a QOTD.

B: 3 tbs JUST egg scrambled & coffee

L: protein "cookie"

D: ???

S: ???

if I feel up to more I might.

I took this yesterday with my phone...it's my mom's latest thrift store find...

Want2beMe
on 10/9/21 5:43 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Good morning. Love both of the pics. The dog put a smile on my face.

I'm praying that 1:00 will help you feel better and refreshed.

B: scrambled egg

S1: string cheese

L: not sure

S2: yogurt

S: leftover beef an gravy, mixed vegetables

S3: 2 cups milk

White Dove
on 10/9/21 6:59 am - Warren, OH

I have never had a dog, but that one would be so great to wake up to in the morning. Your mom really likes Halloween. That picture is pretty scary to me.

Hope you are feeling much better. I am glad all of that is in the rearview mirror now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/9/21 6:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I got some free tickets to the UW women's hockey game today from a neighbor who can't go. DH doesn't want to go (he said he wants to mow the lawn - sheesh!), so I'll give away the extra - but I'm still going. A friend and her SO are going, so I'll meet up with them before the game. Since it's at the university, most people are going to be masked, thank God. I also need to exercise today - will probably bike this morning since the weather is being cooperative - and tonight I'll start working on a cake for MIL's birthday. She wants me a carrot cake, and was hinting that she wants it homemade. We were originally going to pick something up at a bakery, but now I guess I'm on the hook for making it. Oh well. I'll make the cake tonight and the frosting tomorrow - shouldn't be too bad, esp since I'll grate the carrots in my food processor (otherwise - ugh - grating a lb of carrots by hand is a pain!)

B: protein pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt and cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I might have this chocolate "mousse" I made last night (out of cottage cheese and protein powder) because it's super filling. I don't want to be tempted to eat anything at the game!!

AS: yogurt with 1/2 diced mango - and maybe a couple of Wasa crackers (actually, I may have a couple with my lunch, too - to make it even MORE filling!!)

D: Indian kidney bean curry

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 10/9/21 6:54 am - Warren, OH

I can't believe how many years I went without buying a food processor because I thought they were one of those things I would use once or twice and put away for my next garage sale.

I use it for so many things that used to be so tedious.

Your game should be so much fun. Enjoy.

catwoman7
on 10/9/21 7:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't use my food processor very often - maybe four or five times a year - but it's been an absolutely Godsend for some tasks - like grating a bunch of carrots or zucchini for some dish. SO MUCH easier than doing it by hand!! (in fact, if I didn't have it, I probably wouldn't even make those kinds of recipes - too much work!)

White Dove
on 10/9/21 5:05 pm - Warren, OH

When I make soups or stews I often put the carrots, celery, and onions in the food processor. I also love it for fried potatoes to get them all evenly sliced. The Mandoline which I thought I would use for things like that is what sits in the box and almost never used. I remember buying the food processor to make brownies from black beans. I don't remember ever actually doing that.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/21 8:39 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Jeez I use mine literally three or four times a day ...

Lisa91941
on 10/9/21 8:06 am, edited 10/9/21 1:14 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Every time I use my food processor, I'm like, Dang! That thing is a beast!. And then I let sit it on my counter for another four months. LOL. I'm working on using it and my other appliances more often to be smarter and more efficient in the kitchen!

Amy Liz
on 10/9/21 7:26 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Mel - I hope the worst of this is behind you and that you feel better today. I am leaning toward a super chill day. We are taking the dogs to the park this morning. I didn't get any shopping done yesterday so I'll go to Costco and grocery store later. All my plants in and out doors need TLC, some need re potting. The house is starting to clutter, funny how it happens so subtly then all of the sudden there is crap everywhere it doesn't belong! We are BBQing chicken asada for tacos, mine will be a salad basically. And finally, Salem's Lot for our movie tonight - we didn't get to it last weekend.

QOTD - What time do you go to bed and wake up each day? I'm up at 5 am everyday, work or not. I'm also in bed around 8pm (watching TV), I rarely make it past 8 in the living room. Last night it was 8:30 - we watched the original Halloween movie.

B-coffee, scrambled eggs

l-in and out - protein style

d- chicken taco salad

smoked almonds, veg and yogurt dip, jerky - whatever I need to stay on track this weekend

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 142 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?